New Patch (Hotfix) coming tomorrow

This happens when Civ is running in the background. Open your task manager and verify that Civ is not running before starting World Builder.

Installed patch and now World Builder will not load- not a freeze like it used to but a crash.

Details below... any suggestions? Was right in the middle of a map and I'm EXTREMELY frustrated.

Application: World Builder
User: Unkown (Not an in-house user.)
Time: Thursday 3/14/2013 12:38:13 PM

Runtime: 32 bit

Exception: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception
Source: System
Thread: Main Thread
Description: Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed

Stack Trace:
at System.Diagnostics.NtProcessManager.GetModuleInfos(Int32 processId, Boolean firstModuleOnly)
at System.Diagnostics.NtProcessManager.GetFirstModuleInfo(Int32 processId)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.get_MainModule()
at WorldBuilder.Program.InitNexusFramework(String sGamePath)
at WorldBuilder.MainForm.MainForm_Shown(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnShown(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CallShownEvent()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()

I also noticed that it takes noticeably longer for the game to load. Does it also take longer between turns now for the ones that play with bigger maps/more civs/CS?

At least I was able to make another DX11 shortcut, and it works properly again without bringing up the Steam or DX selection window before loading the game now. Probably will break out of nowhere at some point again like it always does :lol:

This happens when Civ is running in the background. Open your task manager and verify that Civ is not running before starting World Builder.

I had the same problem, and checked that Civ was not running in the background. However, when I tried once more, Steam again downloaded a patch to the SDK, after which World Builder started properly. So it may just be a matter of not having all of the correct patches to the SDk installed.

I played my old save game for a few hours yesterday. The new patch hasnt stopped anything working for me. I did notice that the game perhaps took a bit longer to load up though?

My old DX11 shortcut on the desktop worked fine too.

i got the same problem with the world builder. got error. dont think i got the patch either. does some one now how to fix this problems? I need that world builder to work. it stoppet working when the patch was out to.

Same problem as Abilard and ViKinG. I also checked and closed Steam and Civ before launching WB, still crashing...

Top Bottom