Xtended 3.5 for Alpha 5

esvath

Apprentice of Erebus
Released June, 02

Instruction:

Next version: adjustment, tweaks, balancings on various aspects.

Changelog for 3.5
  • Hell Terrain: Hell terrains now spread again! (CvEventManager.py, CustomFunctions.py)
  • XGuilds: added Healer Circle.
  • XGuilds: Potions and Healing Salve now require Healer Circle.
  • XGuilds: Potion of Strength and Potions of Clarity now require 1000 herbs each.
  • XDanalin: merged to Alpha (module, CIV4EventTriggerInfos.xml, CIV4EventInfos.xml, CvEventManager.py, CustomFunctions.xml, CvRandomEventInterface.py).
  • XMalakim: merged to Alpha (module, CvMalakim.py).
  • XBarbarian: fixed Goblin Archer's strength to 9.
  • XCalabim: fixed Champion of Chaos affinity to Chaos Mana.
  • XDoviello: Lucian Cold Iron requires Iron Working now.
  • XDoviello: Doviello Adventurer can be upgraded to melee line through spell.
  • XElohim: fixed bug on Monk's strength (CvElohim.py).
  • XGrigori: Grigori now starts with Adventurer Tale tech (+1 Guild, Bard's Tale of Legend gives +50% empire culture) (module, Expansion.py).
  • XGrigori: Grigori AI automatically gets Healer's Circle as starting bonus (CvEventManager.py).
  • XGrigori: Grigori Medic now can build Grigori Medical Center (+1 health, +1 health from tea, incense, reagents, +1 unhappy from God King and Religion civics, -1 favor per culture tier).
  • XKhazad: Khazad AI automatically gets Artisans' Guild as starting bonus (CustomFunctions.py).
  • XLuchuirp: added Artificer Workshop (Siege Workshop UB).
  • XLuchuirp: fixed Artificer promotions.
  • XLuchuirp: fixed Wood Golem's strength to 15.
  • XLuchuirp: fixed Iron Golem's strength to 22, now requires Artificer Workshop.
  • XLuchuirp: fixed Clockwork Golem now requires Artificer Workshop.
  • XLuchuirp: fixed Nullstone Golem now requires Phalanx tech and Artificer Workshop.
  • XLuchuirp: fixed Bone Golem now requires Artificer Workshop.
  • XPromotions: adjusted hero class promotions to Alpha's mechanic.
  • XPromotions: Bard class give only 100 empire culture/battle (it was 200) (CvExpansion.py).
  • XWands: adjusted robes, knives and staffs to Alpha's mechanic.
  • Minor Trait: getting Arcane Trait now requires Arcane Power (CvEventManager.py).
  • Minor Trait: Great Sage born might trigger Philosophical Trait (20% chance) (CvEventManager.py).
  • Artisan Guild: buff Mithril armors and weapons.
  • Merchant Quarter: (Lanun) Boarding Party no longer requires Harbor UB.
  • Merchant Quarter: Profits can be adopted by Good leaders.
  • Merchant Quarter: Bank gold bonus is decreased to 10%.
  • Merchant Quarter: Change bonus from Ecumene to +1 movement for land and sea units.
  • Merchant Quarter: City of Splendor gives +3 Merchant slots.
  • Hunter Guild: Stag Camp requires Domesticated Animals (for early health).
  • Hunter Guild: Balancing between Leather Armor and Darkhide Armor.
  • Hunter Guild: (Austrin) Harmatt no longer requires Harvesting guild tech.
  • Hunter Guild: (Austrin) Tracker no longer requires Harvesting guild tech.
  • Magi Circle: Greenhouse is moved to Healer Circle.
  • Magi Circle: Herbalist District is moved to Healer Circle.
  • Magi Circle: Conjure Matter III requires Conjuration Mastery, instead of Astral Lord.
  • Magi Circle: Circlet of Mastery requires Astral Lord, instead of Conjuration Mastery.
  • Slaver Guild: Slaver requires Slaver Compound and Slavery Civic.
  • Slaver Guild: Overseer requires Slaver Compound and Slavery Civic.
  • Slaver Guild: Fixes bugs on Slave Buy, Slave Sell and Hire Mercenary spells.
  • Slaver Guild: Guild of Nine discount now work through python (instead of copies of spells) (CvEventManager.py, CustomFunctions.py).
  • Slaver Guild: Various buildings give bonus to Quarries instead of Cottages.
  • Slaver Guild: (Aristarkh) Haunted Land now requires Taverns instead of Dark Imperium.
  • Slaver Guild: (Scions) Exchange now requires Trade instead of Dark Imperium.
  • Guild Techs: Increase the cost of Guild techs:
    • 1st => no cost => no cost
    • 2nd => 300 => 300
    • 3rd => 600 => 600
    • 4th => 900 => 1050
    • 5th => 1200 => 1500
    • 6th => 1500 => 2000
    • 7th => 1800 => 3000
  • Harbor: reduce gold from resources. Now it is +3 gold for access and +0.50 gold per sea resources.
  • Harbor (Lanun UB): reduce gold from resources. Now it is +3 gold for access and +1 gold per sea resources.
  • Great Bard: Great Bard's increase Global Culture ability now gives 2000+(30*number of elapsed turn). Previously it was 5000+(20*number of elapsed turn) (Expansion.py)
  • UI: Add a pop up to remind players to open Guild screen once they have 500 global culture (CIV4EventTriggerInfos.xml, CIV4EventTrigger.xml, CvRandomEventInterface.py).
  • UI: Merged ostar's Great Person pop up (Assets/Art/GreatPeople/*.*, CIV4GameText_GPM.xml, WorldUnitPopup.py, CvEventManager.py).
  • AI: various tweaks on Leader's flavor and favorite techs (XBARBARIANS_CIV4LeaderheadInfos.xml).
  • AI: various tweaks on AI's Civic Value (CvWMGameUtils.py).

thanks.

I played a bit on friday... :) was nice. but only a few 60 turns (as I spend a lot of time in the civopedia and checking the guild trees...etc.)
I was on the grand line for local legend + district + wonder + spellresearch.. I was just waiting for the local legend wonder to finish before starting the real wonder, and the 3 warriors (obtained directly at the tech) were fine enough to help.. (no need to build warriors).

I played hide and seek with orthus, that I met with one of the 20xp warriors I sent in the wilds... I oriented the Big O towards Khazads...fun.

just some thoughts:
amurites seems nice..(every UU seems fun...but maybe sometimes OP vs there normal counterpart, unless they have some other requirement I didn't see)
but amurites wizards... are "only" mages with a different skin. (and they have the promotions Kylorin's promotions, but adepts have them too)
maybe children of Kylorin could be for wizards only ?

another thing : mind mana tree is kinda boring for the amurites... (at least until you find other mana types ) .. and it is mostly an "evil" tree (or useless "improve your relationship" thingy, which doesn't work well with AI and never worked with players...)
maybe add more positive spells ? (positive auras, positive buildings... etc and offensive spells).

further the trait "master of XXX" (for me : master of earth) gives "only" : "earth lore tech."
this is weak as :
-it is only 1 tech.
-it doesn't help with researching in said tech tree (as you need earth mana)
- the effect of the tech is weak : earth lore limited to the caster... and gives only double movement on hills.. useless on a caster which can cast few offensive spells (due to mind mana)
[EDIT: unless tier II units (axes/hunter) or at least rnager/champs start also with this promotion ? I'll have to check; In that case, it might not suck too much...]

my proposals (any of the following):
-give another or 2 "earth" techs
-give earth mana (or nature IIRCE for earth) (they are amurites.. maybe they can get 2 manas at start !!)
-change the "earth lore" to be an aura that impacts the units around the adepts.. at least the adept won't be soloing on hills. (+ a little something : +10% -or 20%-spellresearch when searching "earth /nature" spell-techs... so I'm pushed to get to find an earth mana to cash in the aspect of my trait.)

my 0.2 based on alpha Xtended 3.04 for only 60+turns..

UU and civ unique flavor will be revisited at 3.6, so any inputs on that is highly appreciated.

On your specific comments about Amurites:

Imho, Amurites units should have lower base strength but more unique mechanics/special abilities.

Wizards do lost their uniqueness since the change to MoM, so does Govannon. Teaching spells to regular units are no longer interesting since you still have to consider mana limitation. Thus we need to think something more interesting for the Amurites.

On Amurites special traits, yeah, I do think these should give bonus mana or at least allow the building of a NW that gives mana.

well, at least champs, phalanx and immortals had exactly the same stats as normal units.. modulo the specific "avatar thingy" which improves them a bit ... and a lot for immortals.

ranger and beastmaster also had the exact same str.. plus they can paradrop.. which is nice (but as they don't have anything else, and their are no airport improvement, I don't think they need a nerf... I'll see when/if I get them, unless forts allow for a paradrop ?)

mounted units have nothing for them, unless you upgrade knights from champs... (then you get the nice promotion..; :D), but until then, chariots, HA and all are "vanilla"... which might not be a problem.

maybe longbow/ firebow could upgrade to HA ? (maybe too OP as they'll upgrade to knights ...)

Yes, in 3.5, Amurites units still use vanilla units' strength and defense. I am planning to reduce their strength and create new unique abilities for Wizards in 3.6.

maybe don't change their str too much : -1str or -1/0 or -0/1 or -0/2 would be "enough"...
1str is not as much as before, but it might be enough for balance .. I think -2 is a maximum :D
but test will tell

Options to turn off Orthus (and Acheron, not sure) is not working in custom game. In 3 Games he found me in turn 15 or so, accompanied with 2 archers... that`s really hard to survive ;)

Yeah, Sephi changed the way Orthus and Acheron are spawning. I think these spawning code are in dll. At the moment, Orthus's spawning location is a decisive factor for early game: will you survive or not.

I've tried this and found a problem. It's probably my fault but the terrain art barely works, giving me a grey background but green trees and raised hills etc. Why?

it has to do with the way i implemented terrain art in MoM. basically your computer cannot display detail textures for the terrain making it all look gray.

i am curious what graphic card are you using?

anyways the only possible fix is to revert back to FFH terrain.

here is a link to the old terrain:
http://www.masterofmana.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1971

although you have to adjust the xml file for the terrain yourself. currently there is too much on flux/different versions.

what you will find in the files is usually:
Xgrids.dds
Xdetail.dds
Xblend.dds

X- is the Terrain, e.g. X could be tundra. the detail textures do not matter in your case you just have to go through the CIV4ArtDefines_Terrain.xml found in Assets/XML/Art.
for every terrain there is a entry that begins like thise:
Code:
<Type>ART_DEF_TERRAIN_GRASS</Type>
			<Path>Art/Terrain/Textures/LandBlend.dds</Path>
			<Grid>Art/Terrain/Textures/LandGrids.dds</Grid>
			<Detail>Art/Terrain/Textures/grassdetail.dds</Detail>
all you have to do is change the texture entry in for path and grid, e.g. in this case it would look like
Code:
<Type>ART_DEF_TERRAIN_GRASS</Type>
			<Path>Art/Terrain/Textures/GrassBlend.dds</Path>
			<Grid>Art/Terrain/Textures/GrassGrids.dds</Grid>
			<Detail>Art/Terrain/Textures/GrassDETAIL.dds</Detail>

i.e. path is XBlend.dds and Grid is XGrids.dds.

Thanks. Will try this.
BTW, I have no clue whatsoever what graphics card I have, as I inherited my current (and ancient) laptop from my dad, who gave it to me only this year. Undoubtedly the graphics card is terribly out of date.

Just tried it. Recieved an error message saying that something "could not be 'read' ".
I would post a screen-shot if I knew how.

and ancient) laptop
i thought so, we only got these kind of reports from people with really old systems or macs :lol:

when did you get this error? opening the xml (you can edit the xml with any basic editor) or starting the mod?

you can save a screenshot py pressing print screen on your keyboard, opening paint and click copy.
you can post a screenshot by click on 'go advanced' -> manage attachments -> select the screenshot and upload

Well... I did as as instructed in the OP (copied everything in the MoM folder)
But somehow I get like... 548949 XML-Errors during the the start and then the game crashes :(

Aw... I have to admit that it's kinda hard to keep track of all the different "versions" of MoM.
MoM (1.42), Alpha, Beta, a.s.o. - get's confusing :(

I downloaded everything from this thread:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=496140
and renamed the the folder from "Master of Mana Beta" to "Master of Mana".

I guess I need a simple guideline from the scratch.
(So I'll simply remove my gimped MoM-thing and start a fresh install)

-assuming a bts 3.19 installiation with no master of mana:

1) install master of mana 1.3 and patch 1.42, found here:http://www.masterofmana.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=7
default folder should be 'Master of Mana'
2) install master of mana alpha into a different folder, e.g. 'Master of Mana beta'. the alpha can be found here here:http://www.masterofmana.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=26
3) install extended into the new folder
4) you may have to copy the *.fpk files from Master of Mana/Assets to Master of Mana beta/Assets

the current alpha is v6, i don't know if extended is compatible with v6. it might be hard to get v5

Top Bottom