Community Deity Game #14 - The Celts

Anyone has a direct link to "Pikeman to Musketman (v. 1)" which this savegame seems to use?
Consentient has a link in OP. I believe the OP version is the same one that comes up using the in-game mod browser. We used the whoward version in CDG1 Persia. I remember because I first tried the version that came up using the in-game mod browser. It was my first time using a mod, and I had some difficulties.

Consentiet has a link in OP. I believe the OP version is the same one that comes up using the in-game mod browser.
I think the in-game one uses v. 2. In any case, I tried both, and neither of them worked.

Has anyone played the religion mod before? I am tempted to just roll a map without it to check it out.

Faith-for-kills is not kept on upgrade for Celts. Bonus outside of friendly territory is kept.
That is too bad. OTOH, the 20% boost is the same as Foreign Legions, so I guess that is pretty generous. How about the no-move-cost-to-pillage buff?

I think the in-game one uses v. 2. In any case, I tried both, and neither of them worked.
Nuts. Anyone try the fixed pantheon / fixed GPr mods we used in CDG?
Has anyone played the religion mod before? I am tempted to just roll a map without it to check it out.
I asked a question in that mod’s thread. It is just cosmetic. But now I want a badge for the Flying Spaghetti Monster!

That is too bad. OTOH, the 20% boost is the same as Foreign Legions, so I guess that is pretty generous. How about the no-move-cost-to-pillage buff?

Nuts. Anyone try the fixed pantheon / fixed GPr mods we used in CDG?

I asked a question in that mod’s thread. It is just cosmetic. But now I want a badge for the Flying Spaghetti Monster!

Pillage buff carries over on upgrade, which is nice. It is actually pretty powerful in my experience when Pictish W's upgrade to Lancers, as you can send a few into enemy territory and wreck his economy in a matter of a few turns.

I am NOT going to ask what a Flying Spaghetti Monster is.....I'm not...I don't want to know.

What is it?

So there are really no new pantheons and beliefs? Well, too bad.

Darn, I was also hoping for some variety to the pantheons/beliefs.

Did I read that the NQ Mod has some different pantheon/beliefs? Hope so. I had avoided trying any mods in the past (for no particular reason), but am very much looking forward to trying some of these out. Our normal BNW game has become a bit tedious once one reaches the point where the AI really can't beat you. The variety these new threads provide are very welcome.

Pillage buff carries over on upgrade, which is nice. It is actually pretty powerful in my experience when Pictish W's upgrade to Lancers, as you can send a few into enemy territory and wreck his economy in a matter of a few turns.
Yeah, Muskets and Rifles are not going to do the same damage.
I am NOT going to ask what a Flying Spaghetti Monster is.....I'm not...I don't want to know.
What is it?
AKA Pastafarianism. It is just another religious denomination.

So does “The Melee Archipelago” implies this is an Archipelago map?

No, it's just a pun.

Was map altered using IGE?

Very minimally.

A couple of the achievements mention “intro text”. What intro text?

The Celts text when you load the game.

Boot Camp is the Apple supported way of running Windows on your iMac or Mac Book. It turns your Mac into a quite decent Windows machine. It does requiring restarting you Mac, and you do not have access to any of your Mac stuff while running Windows.

Yes, you do have access to the Mac stuff. All of it. Apple give you the drivers to access the HFS partition, and by default the Documents, Pictures folders are linked.

Consentient recently reported that Civ5 runs cooler, faster, and with better graphics under Boot Camp than it does natively. That experience is consistent with everything I have every read elsewhere.

Running under Boot Camp IS native. Windows native. The graphics aren't better, in fact I've been having bugs, but the MBP doesn't overheat half as bad, since presumably the native Windows version uses the GPU in ways that the appalling Aspyr macport cannot.

Just to clarify if I get CS gift before having 15 melee units I cant get full points from that category? Or do I get full points if I delete or gift that ranged unit to CS on same turn?

If the unit does not last even one turn in your army, and is immediately gifted, then it obviously does not affect the ratio, which is maintained turn to turn. You can also turn off the CS gifts if you want.

Attached are two screenshots, one showing the mods required. One showing the mods I have enabled. They match 1:1. The save file will still not open. Note that the current version of Historical Religions is v33 but the file uses the previous v32. But v32 is available from links in OP. I tried it both ways, without success.

I downloaded the Religious mod and already had the pikes->swords installed (although this mod didn't work for me last game, I thought because I neglected to enable mods each time I opened a save).
I note that you have the most current versions, v33 and v2, but that is not what the file reports as being in use. If you click the MODS text in the file preview, it tells you the files needed (my first screen shot). I was sure that my manually installing the previous v32 version would take care of the problem … but no.

Attachments

• civ5ss-cdg14-1of3.jpg
    civ5ss-cdg14-1of3.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 193
  • civ5ss-cdg14-2of3.jpg
    civ5ss-cdg14-2of3.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 216
T106 Update

Spoiler :
I settled 10 cities, built libraries, used Liberty finisher for NC, then settled 3 more cities, 13 total. Used the Acken Metal Casting > Education method, will have Education soon then will build unis in prob less than 10 turns in all cities. Then Beeline Rifling. I built 20 Picts, who are just sitting around doing nothing since their early flurries against barbs.

The UA and Shrines and ruins helped me pick up Church Property and Pagodas. The Brazilians, French and many CS now have Druidism as well. I will have a huge load of cash for Riflemen upgrades and reinforcements, and the Cultural CS alliances will hopefully help me get somewhere close to finishing Commerce by that point to help with Happiness. I will take Autocracy and then just spam and spam and see if I can take the map without any Artillery.

Wish me luck.

Why am I the only one playing the map???

No one can get your mods to load.

That's really weird. Can I just confirm that this is really affecting everyone else but me? If some person or people CAN load it but not others that might give us something to go on. :confused:

I've replaced the savefile in the OP. Please retry and let me know if it works.

Top Bottom