HOW DO I EVICT HIM OFF MY CONTINENT? I can't declare war nor cancel his vassalage.

egaonogenki

Warlord
Look at that screenshot.

I NEED for that city to go, so I can build mine in the designated space as indicated by that sign.

However, I can't declare war, and he's a vassal. And as you can see by this next screenshot, I CANNOT CANCEL HIS VASSALAGE!

I tried sending a spy to cause an incident; so far, he's still friendly. I don't know whether sending spies will do enough damage to our relations.

What else CAN I do to get Suleiman to leave my continent? I don't care if this Ottoman's military units roam freely on it; I just need his city gone, so I can build mine where that sign indicates.

Culture flip Kayseri, but this will take awhile.
Not bad generating 3200 gold per turn at 60% slider.

Culture flip Kayseri, but this will take awhile.

When I culture-flip that parasite city, will I still have the option to raze the city? Or will I be forced to own it?

If I'm made to own it, how do I disband it somehow? I only want cities to be built on the "Future City Site" tiles.

Not bad generating 3200 gold per turn at 60% slider.

How much did you generate by 1949?

Having LOADS of cities, mostly on the continent in the shape of a turkey drumstick, fully developed thanks to them having 4 tiles between most cities (and (only?) on Warlord difficulty) has something to do with it, along with a plan to hurry goldmaking buildings when I make less gold than science.

You can try declaring war to your vassal's closest neighbour (looks like Willem van Oranje is just on the right) and let him bear the brunt if not the whole of the assault. If he loses enough cities, he will probably revoke his allegiance to you, become the neighbour's vassal and instantly declare war to you. All you need to do then is invade his city and end the war (or not).

Might take even longer than to culture flip him though.

You can demand resources from a vassal and not offer him anything for it in the diplomacy screen (I think the text is something like "We demand this as a tribute"). The first resource you demand you will always get. For anything beyond that, it is possible that he will turn down your demand which will cause him to break away and declare war on you. I don't know which factors influence his decision to do so (I guess relative power, diplo attitude etc. all come in).

A more complicated way would be to declare war on someone else and let him take your vassal's city before re-taking it and razing it. But I guess the city site is not THAT important to you (at least I don't see any strategic resources like Uranium there).

You can always raze a culture flipped city, unless your culture is overwhelming in that city.
I don't know the exact number, something like 70% or higher. In that case you can only liberate a culture flipped city.
Also, cultural buildings, even national wonders, won't be destroyed when your culture is far superior.

At higher levels civic costs + inflation will be much higher.
I've no clue how much income one can have at the end game.
There are a lot of ways to generate gold income, merchants, shrines, AI trade deals, building wealth + forge and factories, corporations, etc.
Commerce income is really what matters.

Demanding stuff off a vassal: I think they need to already be able to break free in order to refuse and DOW? Maybe give him back a load of cities and start pushing him around?

Also: what's there that's so good that it's better than a riverside city with a Levee generating a mine's worth of hammers?

Why don't you just found that city a tile next to where you planned it? One southwest looks great, it's riverside so you get Levee and Hydro Plant.

Why don't you just found that city a tile next to where you planned it? One southwest looks great, it's riverside so you get Levee and Hydro Plant.

My cities are built on a grid plan: 4 tiles between cities (unless a mountain or body of water interferes on the tile that would've been a city, then there'd be 3 or in rarer cases 5 tiles between cities.)

Unlike in Civ 2, I can't engineer out mountains but it's more possible to get rid of a city so that's why I insist on moving him out of my continent.

Well, if you *have* to keep things laid out like that, you could perhaps burn a GA in Yeosu or build all Culture buildings & Wonders to culture flip him… wouldn't be as good as settling for a riverside site.

Or you could just settle cities instsensibly?

Imp. Knoedel said:

My cities are built on a grid plan: 4 tiles between cities (unless a mountain or body of water interferes on the tile that would've been a city, then there'd be 3 or in rarer cases 5 tiles between cities.)

Unlike in Civ 2, I can't engineer out mountains but it's more possible to get rid of a city so that's why I insist on moving him out of my continent

Oh yeah that reasoning is going to be popular around here. Your grid city plan is suboptimal but I hope it's fun for you at least.

Top Bottom