Please help to remove unwanted and accidently activated graphic enhancement

JiM_cz

Chieftain
I must have pressed some keys or a combination of them and now on two tiles, there is a big white dot that I can't remove. But it's not all, around the dot there are those white squares like it was a settler looking for a place to found a city. Does anybody know how I could remove it? It's really a pain to look at it all the time.

Alt-X will activate the option to dot map which is what you did on accident. Having done that left click lays down a new dot, right clicking a previously created dot will remove it. Then hit Alt-X again to turn the function off.

Personally I find it extremely useful when trying to decide whether I like one spot over another, especially if I know I'll be overlapping big fat crosses. Yes it is not that hard to do it mentally, but being able to have a visual speeds up the decision making process. I'll often leave the crosses there until I do settle. It also serves as a visual warning sign if another civ settles nearby, that that city plot may either be less attractive or eliminated entirely.

Also, once you have a dot map, you can toggle it visible and invisible, if you want to keep it handy, by using Ctrl-X.

Top Bottom