National Park and Mining Inc

Yin Cognito

Chieftain
Can I effectively spread Mining Inc to a National Park city? Since the National Park removes access to Coal (which Mining Inc needs as well)...

Or maybe the Mining Inc in that city will use the other Mining Inc resources BUT coal (giving less of a benefit as a result)?

As long as it has access to one of the required resources you can spread it and, as far as I know, you get the full number of hammers.

I tried that in my game a couple of days ago, and it turns out that you are indeed correct on the first part of your statement, but not on the second part. In other words, you don't get the full number of hammers (e.g. you get just the hammers corresponding to the other resources except Coal).

So, for others looking for this answer: be warned, LOL. My Beijing - which is a secondary production center, mainly for naval units - has less hammers per turn because of that (aka National Park). Fortunately, the difference (16 actual hammers per turn, compared to the expected 28 hammers per turn, as shown in the Corporations screen) doesn't significantly affect stuff in my game, as the city already has excellent production values (even before Mining Inc.), I'm not overly dependant on Coal, and I built one of my 2 Military Academies there anyway.

Had to correct the conclusion, in case others are interested in this. ;)

Top Bottom