Revolution: with BarbarianCiv, Rebellion, AIAutoPlay

I've played part of a game with your mod: (First game where the AI triple Teamed me :sad: ) and I got the message! That is absolutely awesome! Great work!

Hi
Great addon to civ 4
Is the revolution source to unzip too..
If you plan add other mods can you think in TheLopesmercenaries, its also a great mod.
Some days ago i have download this mod with rebellion and play it a little, and i notice if i start in industrial era for example, the rebelds still are warriors, have you check it and other boring thing was the non stop apperence of rebelds but for what i have read you have repair that.

Good work

Portus said:
Hi
Great addon to civ 4
Is the revolution source to unzip too..
If you plan add other mods can you think in TheLopesmercenaries, there is also a great mod.
Some days ago i have download this mod with rebellion and play it a little, and i notice if i start in industrial era for example, the rebelds still are warriors, have you check it. and other boring thing was the non stop apperence of rebelds but for what i have read you have repair that.

Dood work

Thanks! The SDK sources are included in their own zip in the Revolution folder ...

Sorry the rebellion part is still disappointing, that will be the biggest change in the next version. I agree with everything you said about the playability of the current implementation of Rebellion, currently I'm just trying to develop a better model for starting rebellions. Hopefully the next version will be far more playable.

About rebellions (If it hasn't been already said):
If you capture someone's capitol, could you impliment the effect from Civ2- Half the enemies cities will stay loyal to their leader, while a rebel faction will break off and form a new country.

Example: I wage war vs. Gandhi who has five cities. I take his capitol and his next capitol stays loyal, but two of the other cities will seceed from the country and start a new nation. Thus there will be the Indian nation and a new rebel nation that has a Capitol of one of the taken cities. This chance also should increase if the city is heavily influenced by foreign culture etc.

And the mod plays great! Looking forward to the next version.

Tycoon101 said:
About rebellions (If it hasn't been already said):
If you capture someone's capitol, could you impliment the effect from Civ2- Half the enemies cities will stay loyal to their leader, while a rebel faction will break off and form a new country.

And the mod plays great! Looking forward to the next version.

That is absolutely on the list of features that will be coming out in the next few weeks ... the one thing I'm trying to figure out is what civ should be spawned on the split? In civ 2 (or was it 1?), the new civ was the one that shared the name color, right? The only real notion of relations between civs right now is art style ... perhaps I'll have it spawn a civ with the same art style (if available). (goes off to check XML) Actually, art style looks like a decent descriptor! Not perfect (England would have the same chance of spawning America as Spain or Russia), but at least something.

Ah, excellent! The lack of something like this has always been my problem with the civ series.

If I may, could I suggest at some point in the future adding a component for destroyed civilizations to re-emerge? What I had in mind was something along the lines of, India is conquered by the British, the Indians reassert themselves.

jdog5000 said:
Currently the BarbarianCiv and AIAutoPlay components are working well. Briefly, BarbarianCiv allows Barbarian cities to "settle down" and spawn new full-fledged civs. AIAutoPlay is more of a tool than a gameplay enhancement, allowing the player to turn over the reigns of their civ temporarily to the AI.

:dance: :band: [party]

Wooot! This AIAutoplay was something I was trying to create for my own mod but wasn't really sure where to begin!

Are you going to be making the code files available for people to be able to incorporate this into existing mods?

Dom Pedro II said:
:dance: :band: [party]

Wooot! This AIAutoplay was something I was trying to create for my own mod but wasn't really sure where to begin!

Are you going to be making the code files available for people to be able to incorporate this into existing mods?

The SDK files are already available in the mod download (as are the Python files obviously) ... all the AIAutoPlay changes are commented with AI_AUTO_PLAY_MOD tags, so it should be easy to find. I'll add the SDK sources as a seperate download in the first post so it's easier and more obvious they're available. Should be straight forward to do the merge, but ask if you have any questions ...

JFogg said:
Ah, excellent! The lack of something like this has always been my problem with the civ series.

If I may, could I suggest at some point in the future adding a component for destroyed civilizations to re-emerge? What I had in mind was something along the lines of, India is conquered by the British, the Indians reassert themselves.

Already on the list ;) With the next update (maybe Monday?), I'll post the current direction of the Rebellion and Revolution parts of the mod which include things like colonies breaking off from a large empire and conquered cultures rising up from the ashes ...

I just wanted to say good luck with this mod, and great work! This is an element that I have really missed from Civ's III & IV...It makes the game feel much more dynamic.

jdog5000 said:
That is absolutely on the list of features that will be coming out in the next few weeks ... the one thing I'm trying to figure out is what civ should be spawned on the split? In civ 2 (or was it 1?), the new civ was the one that shared the name color, right? The only real notion of relations between civs right now is art style ... perhaps I'll have it spawn a civ with the same art style (if available). (goes off to check XML) Actually, art style looks like a decent descriptor! Not perfect (England would have the same chance of spawning America as Spain or Russia), but at least something.
Well the good thing about implementing it using artstyle is that if a mod adds more artstyles then it will still work. In fact, a mod like CivGold (that's the one with the 20 extra civs right?) could add a few artstyles and assign them to civs so that if used with your mod they'd be "grouped" more realistically.

jdog500 I was playing around with your mod and relized you can't form any PA's with the civilizations that have formed is this part of the mod or a bug?

Twisted_Stixx said:
jdog500 I was playing around with your mod and relized you can't form any PA's with the civilizations that have formed is this part of the mod or a bug?

(edited to reflect new understanding)
An intersting find, and not something I would have discovered (have yet to play with PAs on) ... Certainly not an intended "feature" ;) Turns out the PA deal making decision is handled by the civs team ai, not the player ai. Apparently the unused player slots are each assigned their own team. When a new player was created, the number of members of that team was incremented, so the team thought it had two members but actually only had one.

One decision to make is, if a civ is being reicarnated should it stay on its previous team? I'm inclined to say yes, unless it's coming back as some new civ type, in which case no.

Rabbit said:
Well the good thing about implementing it using artstyle is that if a mod adds more artstyles then it will still work. In fact, a mod like CivGold (that's the one with the 20 extra civs right?) could add a few artstyles and assign them to civs so that if used with your mod they'd be "grouped" more realistically.

Definitely! I'm certainly looking for mechanics that work in the general case and play well with other mods ...

This gives me an idea,

I have always found it very silly that Nations like America exist from 4000 BC. With this Civ changing ability you have created it should be possible to have "Modern" nations spawn at various points in the game, infact we could thing of it as an upgrade much like units have.

Heres the plan, each Civ could have <RevolutionCivilization> which references another Civ, it also has a Tech <RevolutionTech> when the player reaches this technology they get a popup asking them if they wish to start a Revolution and if so to choose their new leader from among thouse avalible in the new Civ. They get a turn of Anarchy and are converted to the new Civ/Leader combo.

Multiple such Revolutions could occur through the game and their could be multiple branchings from each Civ, say for example England could spawn America, Australia and Canada at various points. Russia would become the Soviet Union and then go back to being Russia. Different Civs could both spawn the same Civ say for example the Cherroke could also spawn America (if the English haven'r already done so, I am wonding if their is any protection on your function to prevent 2 instances of the same Civ in the game?)

P.S. Would you like to have this mod slated for inclusion in the Civ4CoreCommunity project?

screen shots?

OK... After screwing around with this for a while I've "discovered" (duh) that you can't use createNewPlayer to add MORE civs than is set up at the beginning of the game.

jdog, this mod is AWESOME -- and I would love it even more if you figure out how to get the total number of civs to "stretch" (up to the max of 18 at a time, of course)!!!

Top Bottom