[mod] Warlords: Total Realism Gold

1) In case of add-ons of one or two new civs, which are the best adapted ? Remember that the TR world map is yet full of europeans.
I would say one of the native american tribes, like the Iroquois, and Israel. I've seen both of these already done, in fact, in the Visa mod (and having Israel would be a good way of including a civ with a preference for Judaism).

Eventually I think the Mayans should be added to the game, they would be cool to play as. A native american group of civs would be good too like the Iroquois, and the Sioux. I could even ask Cham politely if he'd make city graphics for them.

You need another South American civ. The Barbarians are too strong for the one AI civ in South America. A second AI civ will tone them down.

Not sure who they will be!.

In my current game the barbs controlled all of S.A. having destroyed the AI civ early on, when I invaded and I easly routed them - despite all the cities they built. Mind you this was on the easy Warlord level, so may not be to representative.

For a second AI civ either a North American Indian civ or a Pacific Islands civ - like Polennesia in the DYP/R&R mod in Civ3. {sigh - fond memories. :) }.

Last, I haven't find the use of the small blue button bar with with dot and red or green cross... Any manual ?

These are the plot list enhancements by 12Monkeys.

They are explained in the following folder (abbreviated string - for obvious reasons):

C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Civ4 (etc.)\Warlords\Mods\Total Realism\Documentation\Inclusions.

You will find a file called: PlotlistButton enhancement - etc.

You will find explanations for a lot of other included Modcomps in that folder.

Enjoy reading. :)

Not wanting to be warned for overposting in one thread - but I have encountered a bug with one of the mod components. :confused:

When in the Domestic Advisor screen looking at Cities.

If you click in the far left icon "Enter City screen". You do not - you are just retuned to the map in its current location.

Edit:

also noticed the worker unit does not blue circle - mines, woodmills, quarries - when railroads are available (+ 1 hammer).

This is probably an AI mod change.

Fact 1- If there is a manual please ignore rest of post, and tell me where it is. ;)

Okay- I am on my 40th(?) turn and am trying to figure out mercenaries. I know they are reprtedly bugged, but I am trying to figure out how they are supposed to work.

When you go to the Mercenaries page, it says mercenaries contracts. I sent off one of my soldiers to mercenaries. (A Mongolian Warrior) It says:
Contract income: 19
Income/turn: 11

Now I've no idea how mercs work, but I assume from this that I should get 19 gold from the signing, and 11 gold per turn... I think that's a little too powerful, and that is why I think it isn't a bug, but a mistake somewhere on MY part...

Or is it just another merc bug?

I have read all- ahem (most)- of the previous pages.

But so far I think this mod is awesome, and I love the potential for mercs. Thank you for making this mod... I am now torn between playing this and Fall from Heaven 2... sigh :goodjob:

LOL- I forgot to mention-

The point of the gold per turn thing is- I'm not getting any gold per turn or any gold at all from signing mercs...

Oops, forgot to mention that semi important part:crazyeye:

Ok, tried the mod with three players and we were getting OOS messages every other turn. For some reason it didn't happen with two, although we did quit that game prematurely when the Slaves killed his empire.

I dont agree with people that say it's not useful to use your general as warlord. In fact I use them only as warlord, never as instructor and the reason is easy to explain. As instructor they give +2 exp points to all units, this can give you 2th level units, nothing so useful or that you cant get with some battles. A unit with warlords is much stronger and with the option leadership can improve quicker as a normal units. My first unit usually reach very high level with more than 100 exp points! No other unit can reach same level. The war utility of such units are very easy to explain: often they can win a battle that no other unit can win, avoiding losses from suicidal attacks. When you have 5-6 units like this no opponent can avoid loss. Furthermore, no cost upgrades means 500-600 gp saved for each upgrade, very powerful options. Generals as istructors could be useful after 5-6 generals in same city, but you have also to consider: how many units you will build in that city during a game? And to get 5-6 generals, fighting with normal units, how many you will lose? Then I didnt find any reason to change my strategy, even if I've tried some others. The only good option is for Military Academy, but this possibility comes too late in the game to be considered, because at that moment my cities can built any units in 2-3 turns. If military Academy could be possibile early in the game then it will be a good alternative as generals as warlords.

I dont agree with people that say it's not useful to use your general as warlord. In fact I use them only as warlord, never as instructor and the reason is easy to explain. As instructor they give +2 exp points to all units, this can give you 2th level units, nothing so useful or that you cant get with some battles. A unit with warlords is much stronger and with the option leadership can improve quicker as a normal units. My first unit usually reach very high level with more than 100 exp points! No other unit can reach same level. The war utility of such units are very easy to explain: often they can win a battle that no other unit can win, avoiding losses from suicidal attacks. When you have 5-6 units like this no opponent can avoid loss. Furthermore, no cost upgrades means 500-600 gp saved for each upgrade, very powerful options. Generals as istructors could be useful after 5-6 generals in same city, but you have also to consider: how many units you will build in that city during a game? And to get 5-6 generals, fighting with normal units, how many you will lose? Then I didnt find any reason to change my strategy, even if I've tried some others. The only good option is for Military Academy, but this possibility comes too late in the game to be considered, because at that moment my cities can built any units in 2-3 turns. If military Academy could be possibile early in the game then it will be a good alternative as generals as warlords.

Hi man,

I both agree and disagree. In the current game i'm making at that time (to test new units, buttons and buildings) i chose to have my four first warlords as instructors. They give me +8 xp added to the +3 of the barrack, the +2 of the sun tzu war academy, the +2 of Feudalism civic and +2 of Theocracy civic, ALL my new units built in this city begin with +17 xp. As i also build the wonder which gives +100% fast build in this city, i can produce very good units in a short time.....
On the other hand, having a good Warlords as either strike force or rescue force is also a good solution. If fact, it depends on the type of map and foes i meet.

Having a war academy too late in the game is not realistic. Before Renaissance, most of the great Warlords were "only" exceptionnal man. States began to built real war academy when tactics evolved (with fireweapons) and armies became mass armies.

Hian the frog.

Hi man,

I both agree and disagree. In the current game i'm making at that time (to test new units, buttons and buildings) i chose to have my four first warlords as instructors. They give me +8 xp added to the +3 of the barrack, the +2 of the sun tzu war academy, the +2 of Feudalism civic and +2 of Theocracy civic, ALL my new units built in this city begin with +17 xp. As i also build the wonder which gives +100% fast build in this city, i can produce very good units in a short time.....
On the other hand, having a good Warlords as either strike force or rescue force is also a good solution. If fact, it depends on the type of map and foes i meet.

Having a war academy too late in the game is not realistic. Before Renaissance, most of the great Warlords were "only" exceptionnal man. States began to built real war academy when tactics evolved (with fireweapons) and armies became mass armies.

Hian the frog.

Hi man! What you said it's a real dream, it's a pity that when you have all this stuff the result of the game usually is already decided. The most important part of the game usually is played in expansion before gunpowder and without warlords is very difficult to achieve important results during a warfare without many loss. When I reach the point you reached the game is usually already won, not important the levels of my new units, the olders are already too strong for my opponents and I keep on using the oldest with upgrades, new units are just for defence or reinforcement, but they never fight, so how can be important their starting level when I have units with 40-50 exp points? And warlords can help you to get more experienced units, because they fight always the hardest defensive unit while your normals get experience fighting winning battles and getting stronger and stronger. Without warlords you have to lose many units and sometimes this can decide your results. At least, over noble level is very important lose less units than possible. Anyway, is just my opinion.

I've been using Generals exclusively as Warlords for the upgrading ability and the 20XP. But.... I didn't realize that the instructor feature of +2XP was Cumulative!

Hmm... I'll have to try a game where I pile on the instructors. Would be great in a coastal town, too.

Thanks for the perspective...

Where can I find the civilopedia for all the new units and build? the mod I installed works fine, but I don't know how to use the new units because there is no description....

Just wondering if anyone has tried the "raze city" option with the demolition troop.

I wanted to get rid of one of my small cities that was too close to a larger one so I brought the demolition troop over, clicked the "raze city" button, and the animation played but the city remained intact.

Wondering if anyone knows what is supposed to happen.

Edit: By the way, regarding the post above - I think Terraforming still works.

Just wondering if anyone has tried the "raze city" option with the demolition troop.

I wanted to get rid of one of my small cities that was too close to a larger one so I brought the demolition troop over, clicked the "raze city" button, and the animation played but the city remained intact.

Wondering if anyone knows what is supposed to happen.

I can not get it to work either.

Hi everybody,

As some of you may have seen, we had made two special hermitage class wonder for France and Germany (Louvre Museum and Semperoper). We hope to do the same with as many civ as possible. So if you have ideas for some famous buildings, tell us. These buildings MUST be representative and well known around the world as they gives +100% culture.

Hian the Frog.

The Old Norsemen didnt really do something worth +100 % culture if you ask me, the only thing that comes close to this is when the Icelandic started writting the old sagas of the Viking history, the Eddas and Sagas. Created by amoung others Snorri Sturluson.

So replacement for Hermitage for the Vikings could be: Prose Edda Work, created by Snorri Sturluson, requires sheep (As they were written on sheepskin)

As long as one of the new characters is Loki... that little devil was a PIMP!!!

I leave for a bit and come back and so much has been done! Well done team, you have clearly been very busy. :goodjob:

Top Bottom