World War II 1939 - A Civilization IV Modification

When I try to play this mod, it loads (as shown by the name in the top right hand corner of the screen), but all the options available to me are the typical Warlords options (with the Warlords graphics). If I choose single player, the options are the same as the normal Warlords screen as well.

Oops, seemed it was user error there. I mistakenly installed the "World_War_II_1939_1.0b" folder that held the "WW2 1939" folder in the mods folder, burying it one level deeper. Sorry!

-Shawn

please tell our more. which nations you played, which unit you move etcd.

or provide to us save game if you have autosaving :)

Third Reich and clicked on the build forced labor and black screen of death did strike. I turn on autosave and I will try it again to be sure

Some historical inaccuracies:
1939 scenario: Strassburg was french before WW2, not german
1944 scenario: norway was under german occupation until the end of the war

The problem seem´s to be with the forced labor after i did capture one of the city´s and you chose forced labor it crash while playing like US and 3R and scenario was D-Day but it did happen in 1933 as well.

Some historical inaccuracies:
1939 scenario: Strassburg was french before WW2, not german
1944 scenario: norway was under german occupation until the end of the war

Thanks for note on Norway for 1944 scenario - Noted and will evaluate how to change. ;)

Since after occupation, Norway played little part in the balance of the war, just as lower France (Vichy) wasn't REALLY occupied by Germany, but was under German rule, I had to take a few liberties with history to balance game. Since the map doesn't have the U.S. on it, it becomes difficult to have enough earth under their feet to actually produce any research or more units. It wasn't enough to just have 1/2 of Italy under occupation. However... I will try to figure out a balancing change in next revision or two... :)

Thanks.... ...JungleIII

The problem seem´s to be with the forced labor after i did capture one of the city´s and you chose forced labor it crash while playing like US and 3R and scenario was D-Day but it did happen in 1933 as well.

The problem seems with button
in CIV4UnitInfos.xml in WW2 1939\assets\XML\Units

under
<UnitInfo>
<Class>UNITCLASS_FORCED_LABOURER</Class>
<Type>UNIT_FORCED_LABOURER</Type>

<Button>,Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/forced_labourer.dds</Button>
and should be
<Button>Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/forced_labourer.dds</Button>
without coma
Try this and tell me if it helps with your save now.

Ok thx to Thunderfall we will have own subforum in
Civ4 - Project & Mod Development category
I hope it would make easier to communicate and find bugs, expand ideas, share your strategies etc :)

IMPORTANT FOR VISTA USERS
Apparently Vista has two Program Files. One is for Vista, the other is for (x86).

So install mod using following string for Vista users:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Mods\

Sorry for inconvieniece

ok i update the first post with the link :)

Amazing. Simply amazing. DLing now.:goodjob:

Surely German units (and anyone else with aggressive... USSR I think) aren't supposed to start with ALL of the combat 1 promotions... (infantry combat, plane combat, tank combat, artillery combat... did I get that right?) +40% strength collateral damage and whatever else is there seems a pretty steep advantage!!

Other than that it seems like an amazing scenario... but that seems to make aggressive nations invincible

Also... as the US I declared war on the Axis on turn one (at France's request, I believe) and was able to capture Southern Italy with just the units the US starts with. The difficulty was on Monarch, so I don't think that's the problem. I realize the US didn't enter the war for another 2 years... maybe the game is more balanced if they wait... but that seemed a little unbalanced

I really don't like the fact that the UN is there. Playing the Reich and having to be forced to adopt "Free Speech" and "Cooperation" early, not very realistic in my mind.

-Shawn

I am having a problem with the mod. I try to load it, and it gives that message that Warlords has encountered a problem and needs to close. Could it be a corrupt download?

I am having a problem with the mod. I try to load it, and it gives that message that Warlords has encountered a problem and needs to close. Could it be a corrupt download?

If you unpacked the mod without any errors, the download is probably okay. Have you got version 2.08 of Warlords or just version 2?

Top Bottom