[BtS] DIPLOMACY: a mod for Diplogames!

Alright, I think I have discovered the problem. I am going to re-upload this module pack as soon as I look it over again (and make a couple of updates), so look out for that. The Americas will either be up later on tonight or tomorrow, and Module Pack II will be up one or two days after that (there are still a couple of issues I have to mette out in both of them). Thanks for giving me the heads up though.

The game actually worked, but like I said before you can't really make diplomacy texts modular and have them work with other modules, so what happened was precisely that; conflicting modules. It "worked" for me (as in the game loaded up fine) but I still got a python error pop up- which I assume is why your game crashed. So for now I wouldn't worry about the modules just yet. I'll put up the updated Module Pack I for you very shortly (as in I am going to work on it right after this post). Thanks for letting me know though, you are the first person to tell me about it and its been downloaded around thirty times (I think). So I really appreciate it.

Since I am revamping the First Module Pack I was wondering if you could make me a couple more buttons madman? The Phoenicians and Hungarians don't have buttons that match their colors and I was wondering if you could do that for me.

I have enclosed their flag files. The Hungarians have a white symbol and a (.8, .3, .3) flag. The Phoenicians have a (.72, .0, .29) symbol and a (.4, .01, .24) flag. Thanks in advance.

And I have started preliminary work on the European modules. I looked up a bunch of uniforms the other night and I am pretty confident I can reskin a bunch of existing units to look like the proper uniforms. So I think the European Module Pack is going to be fantastic.

Just one question first. Would you like me to use the cross for Hungary, or would you rather I use the shield that Firaxis uses? (that is, the one in the following picture)

Use whichever one you think is better. What do you mean by the shield firaxis uses? They have a hungary civ somewhere out there?

They do in a mod.

Just checked. It's Crossroads of the World. Guy de Lusignan's flag.

It's also in some mod from Warlords. It's in with the rest of the flags.

Well, put whichever one up you think is best and I'll use that one. Or if you want to do both you can do that too, but I personally don't care either way so if you want one in particular just give me that one. But make sure I get both the flag and the button.

I sent you both buttons. Pick whichever you like better.

Attachments

• revamp.zip
    10.3 KB · Views: 49
Thanks again Madman. I'm going to try and get all of the modules (all three packs) out tonight. In fact that is exactly what I am going to do, even if it means pulling an all-nighter. Thanks so much for all of your help, like I said, it has been invaluable and the buttons you are making really enhance the mod, at least for me.

EDIT: Damn it, this is a tough decision. I don't know which one to use!!!

Alright, the updated Module Pack I is up now. I fixed a few problems with the UBs (the Teutonic Chapel was supposed to allow you to turn one citizen into a priest, and the Phoenician Seaport was supposed to add 25% trade route yield [for +75% total] rather than only give 25%). I also updated the St. Stephan leaderhead and fixed his civilopedia entry. The Phoenician and Hungarian buttons were updated, and I actually went with the new flag/button for Hungary courtesy of MadmanOfALeader.

Thanks again Madman!

Anyway, you can download the updated files RIGHT HERE! I'll also be sure to update the link on the first page of this forum.

Hey, I'm wondering. Is Dom Pedro's favorite civic Emancipation? He abolished slavery in Brazil.

Errr, I don't remember. But probbaly not now that I think of it! Damn it! And I just released the mod! I hope it isn't too much of a problem. If it is I could always go back and change it...

EDIT: Yes it is, okay, good Capo. And oh yeah, the Americas module pack is up. Check the first page of this thread for the download (it should be in post #3 I think)

I just noticed an animation I forgot to change. So if you downloaded the Americas module pack BEFORE this post, delete it and redownload it.

Alright, NOW its good to go. BTW, if you played it and DIDN'T notice the animation issue it wasn't that major. But the Footman (axeman) unit for Argentina, Brazil and Gran Colombia had the wrong animation. You probably didn't notice. But anyone from this point on if you download the Americas module pack it should be fine. Please report any other bugs or issues I may have missed.

EDIT: Sorry, I did ONE MORE update to it after the one I just posted about. So if you downloaded it I suggest you download it again. I gave Gran Colombia better flavored Musketmen and Cannons. NOW THIS IS THE FINAL UPDATE. Sorry, I can get a bit anal sometimes.... gross...

Sorry about the three updates I did in one day! I just wanted to get it done on/around Christmas and I wanted it to be as good as possible. All I did was change the Gran Colombian Musketman (it was basically a reskinned vanilla musketman before) to a better looking unit, and I also changed the Cannon as well. So now its finished, ready to play and I hope everyone enjoys it.

As far as Module pack II; Bernie has decided to make an Australian flavored Industrial set for me, which is completely awesome of him, especially after he's already done so much for this mod. So when he is finished with that I'll be very happy with Module Pack II and I hope everyone else will be too. Thsi gives me some time to get those Iranian units to look the way I want them to. So that will be released as soon as its ready.

So I'll take some thoughts on the Americas module pack, I really hope you all enjoy it, I have enjoyed playing it myself so far.

I'm having a bit of trouble getting some Congolese skins to show up. If anyone has any experience with reskinning units please check out MY POST IN THE UNIT REQUEST THREAD, there you will find images of what is going on and the proper files. It doesn't involve any changes in models or anything, so it should be pretty simple to fix. At least I hope it will be. I just can't figure it out.

I'm going to download and give some testing as soon as the holidays clear up a bit. It looks great, though. And don't worry about releasing it and then re-releasing it the same day. I do that will all my versions as you can't help but notice last minute changes you wanted in.

If there is ever a Module Pack III, it should have:

-Huns
-Polynesia
-Siam
-South Africa

But that is probably a long ways off.

If there is ever a Module Pack III, it should have:

-Huns
-Polynesia
-Siam
-South Africa

But that is probably a long ways off.

LOL, I was actually brainstorming a possible list of civs for Module Pack III and botht he Huns and Siam (although I had Thailand written down) were on it. And that's about as far as I got. A buddy of mine requested the Apaches but I don't know if I want to do them. I like to give my modules flavored units, like the rest of the civs have in my mod, and I don't think there are any specifically Apache units out there, so that may be hard to put together.

Right now I'm trying to get this damned Congo Medieval-Unit issue to get fixed, these units look sweet (if they'd only work) and have cool little african tribal masks on. And I really want them to work so I can fix the Iranian units!

So again, if you have any skills with units or want to take a look at them (maybe I'm missing something) please help me out!!!

I don't do anything that involves Blender. Sorry.

The Apaches should go on a separate Natives Module, which also includes the Cherokee, the Navajo (that civ is in Amra's mod, so maybe there will be flavor units there), the Arawaks, and the Tupi. That would require us to get a new Hiawatha, a new Crazy Horse, and to replace Deganwida with Logan. Maybe we could also add the Cheyenne and the Haida to make the Totem Poles and Dog Soldiers make sense.

I also like the idea of doing a mini-module (a complement to another module) for the Americas module pack, this time concentrating on the Caribbean! We could have Haiti, Santo Domingo, the West Indies (Jamaica, Barbados, Trinidad, etc.), and Central America (Guatemala, Nicaragua, Honduras, El Salvador, Costa Rica and Panama).

I also think, as a Puerto Rican, I'd like to have Puerto Rico on the list... please? I've got lots of things planned, such as a decal (well, I have decals for four of the civs, and there's one in Civ Gold), the leaders, and the UB.

Top Bottom