Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn

So, I redownloaded the installer, tried again, and again the same thing happened: gets to "installing required files" and stops 2% of the way through. Waited a half hour and tried to exit out of the program and it locked up my computer so I had to do a hard shutdown.

Installer appears to be broken.

So, I redownloaded the installer, tried again, and again the same thing happened: gets to "installing required files" and stops 2% of the way through. Waited a half hour and tried to exit out of the program and it locked up my computer so I had to do a hard shutdown.

Installer appears to be broken.

The installer works. Have you tried changing the install location, or running it as administrator?

My apologies if this has been mentioned before, but I cannot seem to see one definite answer.

To play this MOD online, both my friend and I have installed properly and played it single-player.

1st we tried through Gamespy as an internet game, but the game wouldn't show any created games on the list, so I figured GS couldnt recognize that as a valid game.

Then I tried to go direct IP, but we are having router issues, and opening ports hasnt worked all that well.

SO, two part question, is there a way through Gamespy that I am unaware of?? OR Is there a particular thing that seems to be a common direct IP problem that I could try to solve.

No special ports need to be opened. Make sure you are using your INTERNET IP address, and not your local network address. Your local address will commonly appear to be 192.168.0.xxx, but your internet address will be very different.

yea im using the external IP (which I acquired through a quick google search for a ping) but it times out....

its sucks because we both LOVE the changes in both RoM and AND

It won't let me install without admin rights, so I installed under my admin account. Tried installing into multiple places: it always stalls writing pak0 somewhere between 25MB and 99MB in. Same for both downloaded .exe files.

At first again nice work Afforess hope you won't give up that masterpeace in the future.
So now lets get to my question how could I get faster roundtimes in further partys ?

I mean my specs are Phenom X4 9750 4GB Ram but the further the game gets roundtimes slowing down. So If I end a turn I have to wait sometimes 30 secs to get to the new round.

And I found also a bug maybe tonight I will post my logs. It appears if any other civ takes over a rival city then I receive an event error.

Is there any way to unpack the temp files into normal files without using the .exe? That would help a lot since the first stage of unpacking seems to work out alright.

Tested your mod, two things to note :

-Mastery victory is very interesting, should have been in base game, it totally transforms the way I do play and opens up tons of options.

-The AI seems to be on crack, its gorgeous to see them actually use their means. Maybe a tad shy on the attack, but all in all its an enormous step forward.

Great job ! :D

EDIT : by shy I mean they don't engage much troops on each assault, seemingly keeping outrageous reserves (according to BUG power notations.). This also means your counter attack better be wary, and that they can harass you continuously.

kingofkings1124,

i posted maybe 2-3 pages ago. ludovit and i have the SAME problem and so far i heard the same things like u, but putting everything together we are still not smarter than before.

that means for you, since WE r waiting for weeks already, that U wont play it with ur MP friend either. i started playing the PIG mod instead. yes many nice features are not included, but BETTER THAN GETTING OOS ALL THE TIME OR NOT BEING ABLE TO PLAY THE GAME AT ALL. Besides, the features there are, those are nice and make BTS a new experience once more.

sorry to dampen ur euphoria guys, but it is the truth. you didnt help us much lately.

That mod AND is death too... what a pity :-(((.

The only one working mod here is PIG.

AND is not dead in the slightest. Do you know what you're on about?

Do I need ROM installed to install AND?

Or will the AND install work by itself?

What am I missing if I forgoe the patch?

Anything in the pedia that would let me know if the Patch was installed correctly?

I installed both the Full Install and the Patch into the Mods folder.

Top Bottom