No option for anti aliasing?

Blanchflower

Prince
OK, my OS is Windows 7 64-bit and my graphics card is 9800M GTS. I am wondering why there is no option for 2 x, 4 x or 8 x MSAA? I am playing Direct X 9 by the way.

Do anyone of you face the same problem? The option is being greyed out in my game!

Thanks!

:(

Thanks for the kind help! This means that I need to play the game in Direct X 10. As my laptop video card is getting old, playing the game in Direct X 10 causes the game to freeze IF I play a lot of civilizations and on a huge map.

This freeze occurs towards the end of a long game. But there are no such problems when I choose to play the game under Direct X 9.

By the way, I have the latest video card drivers installed for my laptop graphics card.

Cheers!

:)

I think that you are going to have an even harder time forcing the game into Direct X10 mode, than forcing the Graphics card to do AA using Direct X 9 mode.

This game works best if you do have a Direct X 11 card, or play in Direct X 9 mode.

I think that you are going to have an even harder time forcing the game into Direct X10 mode, than forcing the Graphics card to do AA using Direct X 9 mode.

This game works best if you do have a Direct X 11 card, or play in Direct X 9 mode.

That is quite true. My laptop graphics card is a Direct X 10 card and it fairs poorly, if I run the game in Direct X 10. The same thing applies to Total War Shogun 2. It fairs poorly if I play that game in Direct X 10.

Right now, I am saving up to buy a brand new PC. I made a mistake in buying a laptop. Even though it is a gaming laptop, a PC fairs more better in graphics intensive games.

:sad:

Top Bottom