Guess the New Civs

But their leader and UU are modern, and they use their modern capital.

(though I am aware of Ethiopias age)

Yeah - regardless of how old Ethiopia is, it's clear from what we know so far that the Civ in the game is being given a more modern focus. Haile Selasse is the most modern leader we've had so far, for example.

Hittites were known for their Chariots in warfare, and considering Egypt already has a UU, I don't see them offering much in terms of unique game play. Sumer bonuses would probably all come the first 15 turns of the game anyhow. We all know how lame Babylon's UA is so I don't want them to repeat that mistake. I am not opposed to ancient civs but only if they bring something new.

Yeah, this is my concern as well. I could imagine them working well as an Ancient-era Civ with defensive bonuses and perhaps a UB or UI giving a food bonus in less easily-settleable terrain or something, because of how remote Hattusha was. But the UU poses a problem, because a Chariot would make most sense but as you say there's no room for 2 chariot UUs in the game.

Ethiopia is a little too modern for my taste so if we get Zulu I am sure they will be more geared toward the early game. Ethiopia should have been more faith based than the traits we have gotten thus far.

To be honest, I think if/when the Zulu make it in they will end up being quite late-game focused as well, purely because they weren't really around until the 18th century anyway. Plus Shaka is 19th century...

We know that list. However, two days before the demo, the list looked entirely different. The zulu were purple, the Austrians were another shade of purple and had Charles V as their leader, the Huns were brown, etc. All that list shows is whoever saw the demo changed the colors of the Zulu from purple to green because they knew the last civ's colors were green.

Interesting. How do we know this? A minimap somewhere?

Rules out the Inuit, I'd say.

To be honest, I think if/when the Zulu make it in they will end up being quite late-game focused as well, purely because they weren't really around until the 18th century anyway. Plus Shaka is 19th century...

Technically, there are two Chariot UUs. The Hittites would be a third.

The problem with making the Zulu industrial age is their technology was still in the Iron Age.

blackcatatonic, while there's some dispute, there's a minimap in the second save for the Carthage demo. In that screenshot, there's something lime green towards the bottom with what appears to be a darker dot. Some people think it's backwards, which would mean it's a lime green dot and a darker background - making it either a lime green city-state or possibly the Arabs. However, whoever edited the wikipedia page interpreted it to be a lime green background, dark secondary color civilization.

If it is green, it rules out a couple of civs (most prominently, Sweden), but I don't think it comes close to answering who it actually is.

Thanks. Having rewatched that part of the video it just looks like an Arabian city to me.

I feel stupid now, but 2 Chariot UUs? Who have I forgotten?

Well,Brazil's Flag is green . After researching a little about brazilian's Coat of Arms,it seems that their Imperial Coat of Arms is also green as well and none of the Swedish Coat of Arms is green. Just for comparation :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

This would be a very weak evidence that Brazil is the 9th civ,but I would like to know which one of the civs that aren't in Civ 5/G&K yet would use this tone of green as well . I don't think it's a city-state,because the borders of the city-state are painted with a different color from the dot where the city is .

Well,Brazil's Flag is green . After researching a little about brazilian's Coat of Arms,it seems that their Imperial Coat of Arms is also green as well and none of the Swedish Coat of Arms is green. Just for comparation :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

This would be a very weak evidence that Brazil is the 9th civ,but I would like to know which one of the civs that aren't in Civ 5/G&K yet would use this tone of green as well . I don't think it's a city-state,because the borders of the city-state are painted with a different color from the dot where the city is .

Where are the borders visible?

Thanks. Having rewatched that part of the video it just looks like an Arabian city to me.

I feel stupid now, but 2 Chariot UUs? Who have I forgotten?

Indian Elephant.

Well,Brazil's Flag is green . After researching a little about brazilian's Coat of Arms,it seems that their Imperial Coat of Arms is also green as well and none of the Swedish Coat of Arms is green.

Yeah, Sweden would unequivocally be blue and gold.

Well, their emblem could also be their cross. One of those two options - everything else could be wrong.

What about Croatia or Dalmatia?

Croatia, Dalmatia? San Marino! That modern state and by logical extension ancient virginal people are way more advanced and have contributed more than the Zulu or Inca! If we don't get the San Marinese, then maybe the Andorrans?

What about them?

Guesses for civs that area was important during the Renaissance. Just a thought, granted that I am reaching a bit. Maybe a lot! :lol:

Pangur Bán;11406795 said:
Croatia, Dalmatia? San Marino! That modern state and by logical extension ancient virginal people are way more advanced and have contributed more than the Zulu or Inca! If we don't get the San Marinese, then maybe the Andorrans?

I'd pick Ancona instead. Ancona and Ragusa stood against Venice. Either that make Ancona into a maritme City State.

Top Bottom