DOWNLOAD Warhammer Version 1.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I've been playing this wonderfull mod for a few days and I have been wonderig why Necromancy only has 2 spells in the 2nd level but no spells in the first or third level.

Sorry if you have already answered this question.

Necromancy is not properly implemented yet, there are only a few placeholder spells there. Check back in a couple of months; necromancy is a medium-term priority.

Thank you, I just was wondering if it was a bug in my computer. Don't worry about it.

Downloaded and installed patch A.
Ive got a Vista system, and it seems to be working fine.
The map of the old world looks great. But shouldnt there be a passage through the mountains from the Asrai towards the dwarves? At least I remember a dwarven stronghold near Athel loren from the books.
The swamps on the map wont stay longer then the firs turn. This is intended?

Can you check if the patch a files are in the right folder ? There should be no duplicate of any folders (ie : assets, xml).

Zombie: can you also let us know if the changes in the patch are implemented in-game? Ie: can wood elves build Ore Field improvements, do woodelf Dryads and Treekin require the breeding ground resource, are dwarves able to build the Terrace farm improvement, has the tech tree changed slightly from previous versions?

Many people have accidentally installed the patch into the wrong folders, so think it is working when it actually has not been fully installed.

The Old World map has many issues, and will probably be replaced in future releases.

Ok, thus far no duplicate folders.
Wood elves dont seem to be able to create ore fields. Or maybey Im missing something I need to do. Havent been far enough through the tech tree to build dryads or treekins.
The dwarves do build their terraces.
The tech tree seems to be fine. although I dont know what to look for specifically
Only thing that is really bugging me, is all those necromancer events. I have had like 20 of those in as much as 200 turns.

Well, things like this you can check in the civilopedia - you don't have to build the units. I'm not sure what tech tree changes PL had implemented yet - possibly there is no more brewing tech, no more bloodbowl tech, and no more contemplation or chronicles techs?

But if the dwarves can build the terrace farm, that seems like confirmation that the patch is in fact installed.

So, PL's suspicion of an operating system issue gains weight... which is strange, I definitely didn't expect it to be that :)

Zombie, cna you please check the pedia for:

Improvements:
Singing Grove
Ore Field
Dwarven Terrace Farm

Techs:
Desert Dwelling
Arcane Mastery
Elemental mastery

Units:
dryads, treekin and treemen require breeding grounds resource to build.

if all of these are present we can be fairly certain that Patch A installed fine and that proves its an operating system problem...

They are all in the pedia and on the tech tree.
The barbarian events really need to be toned down. They continue on killing all the ai civs on the map.

The barbarian events really need to be toned down. They continue on killing all the ai civs on the map.

The easyest way to do this is make more common events to fill the gaps. most events atm are just barbarain spawning ones. so if you get any ideas for common events please post them in the events thread :D

Excuse me, but I have a stupid question. There is any thread with a full list of, for example, the promotions? Since not all the civilipedia articles actually work, I would find it usefull (more precisely I wanted to know how does "animosity" [from orcs & goblins] works).
Thank you.

Do you have Living World option on? Strongly recommend keeping it off.
But yeah, this will get toned down as we add more events. But still, these events are designed to add more conflict to the world - and to force you to have a reserve army and guard all your cities well, not just those on the frontier.

There is any thread with a full listo of, for example, the promotions? Since not all the civilipedia articles actually work, I would find it usefull (more precisely I wanted to know how does "animosity" [from orcs & goblins] works).

Sadly, no, the Pedia is the best source for info, but animosity is not well documented.
We're strongly considering changing animosity in the near future, but this is how it works at the moment:
If you have two or more units with the animosity promotion in the same stack, and do not have a unit with Discipline in the stack (easiest way to get this is by adding a Great General to a unit and selecting the Discipline promotion), then the units with animosity have a chance of getting bored and attacking each other.
Its currently just too annoying to deal with, so we may change it so that animosity damages units and prevents them from moving (while giving them XP) rather than eliminating entire units.

Thank you very much.
If I can suggest something, the latest concept of animosity (according with the latest army book) is that: 1/36 chance of a unit attacking another unit (just doing some damage), 1/36 chance of extra movement throw the enemy, and 4/36 chance of not moving at all. To make it more simple I would choose your second option: small chance of "loose his turn" with little damage.
Of course it's just an idea.

P.D. sorry for my English if you can't understand somethig.

So, which is the most stable version, this one or the 1.3 posted in the download forums? Also, is there a rough timetable for when the mod will be finished (or at least somewhat stable-I've tried to play the "World of Warhammer" scenario and keep getting CtD.) Not to say I don't respect what you're doing-I like this mod, and am looking forward to it growing into something big.

This version is pretty stable, just don't apply the patch yet.

The Warhammer world map is stable for the majority of users, but some users have found crash problems with it, we don't know what causes that.

No idea when the mod will be "finished", but there are likely to be considerable updates over the next couple of months.

Well, World of Warhammer always does a CtD on the third turn with me, and i've tried playing several civs with it and always got the same result. If it helps, I'm running a laptop with a 1.7 GHz processor, 3 gigs of ram, and Vista. I don't know the graphics specs, but I'm pretty sure they're not the greatest in the world (though I haven't had any problem with civ or Fall from Heaven before).

When it crashes, is there some way I can log the error and send it to you guys?

the crash is caused most likely by the flames graphic on the worldmap. Open worldbuilder and remove them by hand. There was an issue with it in FFH for vista users with it. Dont know if it is solved now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom