Heroes in the mod

Love the Axe of Khorne promo. Any chance we could turn it into equipment that can attack on its own? In the old days it had a BloodThirster in it. Ah yeah. Daemon weapons should provide a bonus against heroes.

I am not sure if it is simple to detach people-turned-promotion (Great General) because I can't remember ever doing it. Don't think the AI would care though :(

You might think that :)
But college mages automatically start with the level 1 promotion of their own college. So they don't need to be able to purchase the promotion as an upgrade.

The AND requirement is deliberate; it stops college mages from learning the level 1 promotion of other colleges. If I removed it, then a Fire mage would be able to learn death magic if the owner of the civ had researched that tech.

Continue to look closely at this for bugs, but there are a lot of subtleties that are actually intended.

oh yeah! i totally forgot about that :p its clearly been too long since i modded last :p

I would say that we should be able to implement:

Karl Franz
Orion
Morathi
Gilles
Boris
Baragor
Mannfred
Marie
Tomas
Haargroth
Feytor
Grimgor
Grom
Khalida
Mulhaed
Teclis

Or really whichever one Mimic thinks are easier to code.

We can probably hold off on more designs for now. Maybe you could look at porting spells from the old Warhammer mod and sorting the promotions?
Most of the spell promotions will stay, but the chaos magic ones will need to be tweaked.

Also, some of these heroes need new spells coded.

Pack 1 will have 9 heroes, I've done Karl Franz (updated), Orion, Morathi and Louen so far.
It's kinda strange giving them promotions I don't have though :lol: like dark magic for Morathi and Woodelf for Orion.

Great work.

We might have to be careful about the racial promotions. I think the actual elven promotions are "Druichii" and "Asrai" and "Asur".
Doublecheck them with PL.

Make a note of all the non-existent promotions you've added, since they will have to be doublechecked.

Do we have a file of all the old promotions somewhere? That would probably help out too.

Well their easy to change if their wrong so its no big deal really. I'll look at WHFB 1.5 racial promotions and change them accordingly anyway.

I am relatively indifferent, but I think PL prefers the more WHish names where possible.

That kind of flavor is what can help distinguish us from just a generic fantasy mod.

Ill begin work on the magic promotions as soon as i have a chance then. once theyre all sorted ill work on spells .
Thanks P_L. That would be a huge help as frankly I don't have nearly the python skills to try to go about reaccomplishing your past implementations of magic :shifty:. Hopefully I think the majority of the magic system you already made could be ported over to FF relatively intact, do you think so?

Just had a nice idea for orc Hero:

Warlord : captures/turns defeated greenskin units.
defeated units half or quarter strength.

He may even represent the civ-leaderhead.
(causing anarchy on death, but respawning after anarchy is over)

It would be great if orc-civ can have a seperate orc-barbarians to capture.

animosity could now also turn a unit back to barbarian status...occasionally. (automove from multiply-occupied tiles) Lesser hero units or units with 'leadership???' promotion prevent animosity from erupting.

advantage: allows faster army gathering. Also animosity can be made to be less abstract.

I'd autospawn the hero on any turn start where he is not present and activate the capture ability when WAAGH is researched.

Alternatively: capture all greenskin units that are in 1tile radius of warlord at start of their owner's turn.

civpediatext:
("Orcs don't woo, they WAAGH!") Warlord has an irresistable 'charisma' to greenskins.

I think one of the WAAAGH! spells is intended to allow you to gain control of barbarian greenskins.

Fall further DOES allow us to have multiple barbarian players, so we can easily have a chaos barbarian faction (who Hung are at peace with), a greenskin barbarian faction (who greenskins are at peace with) and a generic "other" barbarian faction that everyone is at war with.

Units with the Discipline promotion (which all greenskin heroes have and their great generals have) already suppress animosity, but I strongly strongly oppose having animosity make units turn barbarian. That just not fun.

Orlanth is coding a toned down animosity system that will be flavorful but will not cripple the greenskin factions.

Ah! discipline was the word. (haven't got any so... ;) )

Good. Animosity is supposed to be a fun feature.
It is a side-effect of orcs just loving fighting a bit too much and getting overexcited.
Should have some battle bonus effect....
maybe a chance to get a (semi-random from a small list) temporary promotion such as "berzerk!" or a small combat boost besides just a chance for getting your unit a bloody nose.
Such small blessings should be generally unremarked by messages and just get added and removed from the troops as needed.

The advantage of animosity is XP gain.
You lose some mobility and take some damage of your troops, but their constant infighting means they get more xp and thus are better warriors.

Thanks P_L. That would be a huge help as frankly I don't have nearly the python skills to try to go about reaccomplishing your past implementations of magic . Hopefully I think the majority of the magic system you already made could be ported over to FF relatively intact, do you think so?

the XML is definately not a copy past job, but a lot of the python can be salvaged i believe. i have a lot of new ideas ofr spells anyway so a fair few will be slightly different, what with all the new FF goodies :D

I am relatively indifferent, but I think PL prefers the more WHish names where possible.

That kind of flavor is what can help distinguish us from just a generic fantasy mod.

i personally prefer Asrai for woodelves, Asur for Highelves and Druchii for darkelves. it adds a little extra depth the the game.

also, Welcome back A_H!!

Psychic_Llamas said:
i personally prefer Asrai for woodelves, Asur for Highelves and Druchii for darkelves. it adds a little extra depth the the game.

Sure but the xml tags dont have to be called the same its a lot easier/quicker to use simple tags like woodelf for promotions (less chance of spelling errors also), then in civ4gametext you assign the real name under the tag, Asrai etc which shows up ingame.

I think we should use
Code:
	<TEXT>
		<Tag>TXT_KEY_PROMOTION_WOOD_ELF</Tag>
		<English>Asrai</English> 
	</TEXT>

Top Bottom