converting a bic scenario to a biq scenario?

Waterwild

Chieftain
I have the old Earth (Standard) Matt scenario, my personal favorite for years, that I would like to play as biq with civs and units.

I was told all I have to do is open the biq editor and open the scenario and save it as a biq. But when I do, I do not have the units or civs. Do i need to now manually add them to the game via the editor? Or is there another step I am missing?

THANKS!

I have the old Earth (Standard) Matt scenario, my personal favorite for years, that I would like to play as biq with civs and units.

I was told all I have to do is open the biq editor and open the scenario and save it as a biq. But when I do, I do not have the units or civs. Do i need to now manually add them to the game via the editor? Or is there another step I am missing?

THANKS!

As I am not familiar with the scenario, are there custom units and civilizations in it? I know that I have successfully saved TETurkhan's Test of Time scenario as a .biq file, once I reworked the unit costs.

no custom anything, other than the map. I thought I would have medieval infantry, TOW infantry, Inca or Maya civs and the like...

If the bic/biq contains custom rules then it will define what units, civs, etc appear in the game. Otherwise it will load them from the default Conquests.biq. So if you import/save custom rules from a bic, new stuff from PTW/C3C will not be added. However if you import the map only, then you will get all the new stuff because the biq doesn't define your rules. So are you trying to add C3C content to custom rules, or just play a default C3C game on this map?

Thanks guys, all your replies gave me the answer I wanted. I needed to FILE-IMPORT the rules. THANKS!

Top Bottom