Preview: Fantasy goodyhut ruins

aaglo

Furioso!
Hi,
Embryodead requested some fantasy goodyhut ruins. This is a sort of 'is this what you mean'-thread.

So, is this what you mean, Ed? :p

The ruin on top would be some ruins of an old keep with a temple for some ancient god.
The ruin on bottom would be a house owned by some wizard who died a long time ago.

Any suggestions to colours ect. are welcome :)

[Edit]: of course actual goodyhuts will be smaller. Actually, exactly 50% smaller.

CamJH said:
Looks awesome! :thumbsup:
I'd like to see some ivy or vines creeping up the walls too, to go along with the trees. But of course, it isn't my call. :)

Oh, you mean like this?

Yes it is what I meant :D However, I am not so sure about the colours progress - it all looks cool on the preview with neutral background, but in game it might be different. I'd go with clear, bright walls for the sake of contrast, but it's hard to say without the terrain in the background.

The lighter version looks quite good, you may want to make the stones a bit bigger, so they don't blur in to an indistict flat grey. Stones are actualy one of the hardest things to do at this scale, making them all slightly different colours can help.
Also try filling the gaps between the base rocks, that should make it look more man made and not like a natural feature, (they look a bit too much like the mountains at the moment, with holes in).

Looks good though. :)

Now I'm pretty sure they should be brighter, even more than now... The dark version loses all detail and mixes with the vines/trees and the terrain itself. Also... how about dividing the scenes into smaller ones... and making them bigger? I mean the altar ruin looks great, but when downsized it's hardly visible. Without so many surroudings, it could be bigger in-game. Similarly the tower, it would look better if it was bigger, so I guess that would means less trees, etc.

I think the edges need to be accentuated some how... it seems very grainy in the screenshot... making the bricks larger (or breaking the scenes down and increasing their individual parts) might help I think.

AAlgo... while you're making that sort of thing.. could you perhpas make some Sci-Fi Goody huts? They'd be wreckage.. like.. space junk that hit the planet? That would be SUPER apperciated....

BTW, the Fantasy Goody huts are FANTASTIC!

awesome! :D

If I used the round trees used in WH-mod, and the goodyhut would be located in jungle or pine forest, then it would look strange :crazyeye: (I'm not saying that it wouldn't look strange with my trees :p )

Anyhoo, I did some updates:
- I added a light with 'negative' value inside the towers - now they look more threathening
- I made them bigger: one detail is larger, but with a sacrifice of surrounding ruins.
- there are now four previews: mystic altar, wizards tower, ruined castle and ancient garden

Hey,
I think I'm really starting to like these. A lot. :)

This pic has 6 different huts (atleast it should :mischief: ) - lost square temple, lost round temple, wizards tower (Master of magic anyone?), forgotten garden, castle ruins and a destroyed cemetery :eek: .

The terrain is the terrain used in WH2-mod.

So, now that these are done and released---- What do you plan to do next?

Top Bottom