Alpha Centauri

shogoh

Chieftain
I just got civilization III and I have some questions about the interface. I'm really used to Alpha Centauri, which I think has a much better interface.

In Civ III, why can't I access the civlopedia by right-clicking on a unit or building in the production menu?? Each time I want to see what something does, I have to manually open the civlopedia and look for the specific unit or whatever thing I want to build. This is getting annoying. Is there any "magic key" I have to press or does it only open for almost everything except the production menu (which where I use the most)?

Other than that I have some disapointement by comparing the game with Alpha Centauri. Alpha Centauri had it all right: movies, good music, cities in water, customizable units, lots of city improvements, non-flat world, great interface... Oh and I loved the quotes told when discover a new technology.

Oh well, I think I'll just go back to playing Alpha Centauri and hoping for a sequel...

Each time I want to see what something does, I have to manually open the civlopedia and look for the specific unit or whatever thing I want to build. This is getting annoying. Is there any "magic key" I have to press or does it only open for almost everything except the production menu (which where I use the most)?

All you have to do is right click on a unit and go down to the bottom of the little menu screen that pops up. Not hard.

BTW, Master of Orion 2 should be awesome. Try that when it comes out.

Originally posted by The Art of War
BTW, Master of Orion 2 should be awesome. Try that when it comes out.

That's Master of Orion 3. Master of Orion 2 was awesome when it came out in 1996. What am I saying? It's still awesome.

yea :( ... AC was a brillent game ... but i fear that we will never see a sequil to it ... as firaxis now have there presious civ title back ... AC was the next sequil to civ2 ... but for legal reasons it was done on another world

it could be argued that it was "only" a test game to test out new type features for civ3 .... but none of the brillent inovations were taken onboard .... so that theory died in the water :(

if graphics isnt your sole reason for playing games then AC is superiour in everyway (unless u like it simple) ... oh yea ... exept for the 16 civ bit ... AC only had 7 ... but everyother aspect of the game was sooo much better

Top Bottom