Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Can't compare the two

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Only played Civ

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters

Circuit

Writing Letters
Often times, I will play Civ and end up using lots of strategies. Compared to RTS games like Empire Earth II or AOE, that's where I find strategy the most. Do you think Civ is more strategic than RTS games, or they're about even? With RTS, I just end up playing by sending in lots of men and killing all. But Civ isn't that simple, nor as brute.

I know I make lots of comparison to the military. Otherwise, the two really don't compete (although EE2 does try). It's Civ all the way!

Strategy - an elaborate and systematic plan of action
Tactics - military science dealing with detailed maneuvers to achieve objectives set by strategy

RTS games are somewhat more tactical. Not to say that civ = strategy and RTS = tactics. You still position your troops in civ, and you still make an overall plan in RTS games.

I doubt someone who is familiar with both Civ 3 and, say, Starcraft, can honestly say that Civ 3 is more strategic than a medium-high level game of Starcraft.

It's more strategic than for example Starcraft, Starcraft is more tactical due to the rock/scissors/stone nature of many RTS. Is does of course depend on how far ahead you plan :mischief:

Starcraft has waaaaaaaay too much tactics. Strategy is involved, but it's mostly tactics.

When I think of strategy games I think of games like: Civ2 or 3, Master of Orion2 , Axis and Allies, Risk, Master of Magic, and I could go on but won't. I don't have a favorite I like them all.

Top Bottom