I made the last comic. :)

Introducing
Tales from the
VAULT

OR:
Never-Before-Seen DYOS!

Ingmar Bergman, 1918-2007. One of the greatest film/stage/opera directors of the past century, and possibly all time.

This cartoon dates back to DYOS 8. For some reason I was delayed, and it never saw the light of day. As you can see from this rather chaotic scene, the flames were scorching when I was inspired to make this, and only a few days later the thread was closed.

Points of interest:
- Bergman's picture frame is the border for the Viking diplomacy background in Civ2.
- The dalek is watching a podcast of Doctor Who.
- About ten minutes have elapsed since I started writing this annotation.

Awesome! :)

My very first comic. Not that good, but here for historical purposes

Waging a crusade, mostly meant to be a humorous

Capture of a great mod!

Narz and Baghdad Bob

Metalslime, a short lived drawing gag

How Georgy Kalanin gets around

I think people were arguing when I made this

I will post more soon

Should I add a comic of mine? If so, which? I think I lost my classic in which i shot Thunderfall...

Any one you like, or have some background or such you'd like to elaborate on.

Speaking of which...

I often inject cartoons with political commentary, but this was the first purely political piece I've done.
Ratko Mladić, a Bosnian Serb, was Chief of Staff of the VRS during the Bosnian War of '92-'95, during which time he organized the massacres of Sarajevo and Srebrenica. His political counterpart, Radovan Karadžić, was captured yesterday after 13 years in hiding. Like Karadžić, Mladić was indicted by the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia for genocide and war crimes, but a warrant is still out for his arrest.

Who knows? Maybe by this time next year they'll catch Ratko, on Rat-Catcher's Day.

The cartoon itself is a parody of the Vlasic Pickles label, ironic in that the Vlasic family was Croatian.

I think this was an important point of DYOS history - the day that Thunderfall got shot.

Nevertheless, it is a demonstration of my personal humor as well as my personal entrance into DYOS and therefore I think it is important in this thread. Should I place it in a spoiler?

Nah. Galleries are meant to be viewed. :)

And I think I speak for all the (current) DYOSers when I say we enjoy your humour.

First comic that I have done using Garry's Mod.

Spoiler To save the eyes of thoes with low resolution monitors :

Here's one of my more recent comics from DYOS 10, basically created for the purpose of the others not ignoring me. :rolleyes:

Digging into the first DYOS thread, I came across the first attempt at Machinama within the DYOS. I dont remember when I created them, but more than likely way before I gotten Jedi Outcast (Which uses the id Tech 3 engine AKA Quake III: Arena)

Looking back in comparison between my early work and present work. It looks like it made a quantum leap from the Sith Engine to the Source Engine.

Here are some samples of my Machinama comics that I did:

Midway through DYOS 6, Captain Locke (a character from D.C. Simpson's Ozy and Millie; to be discussed in a later annotation) stumbled upon a secret Flying Circus base in South America. When this minor story arc began, Mjcommie was under mind control, the circumstances of which I have forgotten, and I originally planned to have Locke and part of the island garrison rise up against him (not Richtofen, as it became). However, within a handful of comics, Mjcommie returned to his 'right' mind and my planned story unravelled. What I thought was a straightforward objective was somehow interpreted as mutiny, leading to all-out war between the Red Baron and pirates.
Fortunately, it gave me an excuse to put Erwin Rommel in my cartoons.

People had been using Rommel and Montgomery as a running gag for some time, but I was quite disappointed in their execution. Two of the greatest military minds and most chivalrous generals of the Twentieth Century were treated like bickering schoolchildren. Thus, I made sure to highlight the professionalism in their rivalry, and according to Kan's feedback, to great success.

Final note: ColourYourFace is a parody of ColorYourWorld, a paint shop I once came across.

Last edited:
A pretty important part of DYOS, if a relatively new one. Me taking over Apolyton!

I've messed around with GIF animation before, but this was my first completed work.
When I originally released this, Canada had just gone through a federal election that saw incumbent prime minister Stephen Harper return to power. Liberal leader Stéphane Dion was... not decisively disgraced, but announced soon after that he would step down when the party had chosen a new leader in May.

Then, only two days ago, everything changed.

Federal finance minister Jim Flaherty (no relation to Joe Flaherty, damn) released an economic update proposal that would, among other things, outlaw striking by government employees and eliminate a $1.95-per-vote fund for the main parties. The opposition parties interpreted this as an attempt by the Harper government to bankrupt them, and only a month after the previous election, it looks like Canada is headed down the road to another one.

What is rather amusing is that if the government falls and the much-rumoured coalition between the Liberals and NDP win, Dion, the man scheduled to retire, will become the Prime Minister.
Thus, this little flick gains new relevance.

And I claim clairvoyance.

Top Bottom