Caveman 2 Cosmos

- For the stone in the water, some of them appears when I try a Rom_continent map. But no one with the planet_generator, even on gigantic map :/
Which kind of map would you recommand for enjoy all the feature of C2C?

Those are called reefs and they are Not a resource but a seafaring obstacle.

planet_generator was never adapted to the RoM Maps base iirc. So reefs would not appear on that map.

Archipelago, Lakes, Custom Continents, Pangea, etc in that order.

With Archipelago and Custom Continents seafaring tech and ships are a game Must have. Lakes and pangea seafaring is not really essential and so, imho, part of the techtree becomes less valuable or needed.

JosEPh :)

Thanks for the answer Joseph II :) (and for learning me a new word in english ^^)
I will try a new game on a custom continent and see how it wok (I also like the ship part of the tree, but a archipaelago map often make you alone on your island for a few centuries, which is pretty boring :/)

We really must find someone who's good with map scripts to give us a hand here I think. Its beyond me at the moment to address but no support for this here is becoming a problem, imo.

I've just tested 10.2 with steam, and while it launches, no overlay :cry:. I'm thinking of updating to v12 at the end of the financial month, to save my dl limit. Other than what you listed, have there been any other major changes? By the way, did you update Full of Resources in the latest version?

I've just tested 10.2 with steam, and while it launches, no overlay :cry:. I'm thinking of updating to v12 at the end of the financial month, to save my dl limit. Other than what you listed, have there been any other major changes? By the way, did you update Full of Resources in the latest version?

We have not done anything with map scripts.

Good morning,

Anyone know what is causing this problem for me? As you can tell, the entire map is black. I have only seen this occur on a Rom build (I had it once with AND). I made it partway through a game and then this graphical issue just showed up one turn. Now it remains whenever I start a new game. I reinstalled base civ4 and C2C and it still remains, both version 11 and 12.

At the same time, I have the HOTK mod among others I am able to play without this issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 175
I had the same problem. :(
The solution for me: no custom leaderheads, and voilà, the graphics were fine again. :)

Look for the MLF file in the mod\Caveman2Cosmos\assets-folder and set the value for the custom-leaderheads from 1 to 0.
If you don´t like to mess around with the files directly, just rename the custom leaderheads to any name

I had the same problem. :(
The solution for me: no custom leaderheads, and voilà, the graphics were fine again. :)

Look for the MLF file in the mod\Caveman2Cosmos\assets-folder and set the value for the custom-leaderheads from 1 to 0.
If you don´t like to mess around with the files directly, just rename the custom leaderheads to any name

I have exactly the same problem (black terrain) on a fresh install of Civ4 BTS (via Steam), and a fresh install of C2C (12.0) in Documents/My Games/... I've tried the potential fix noted above, but it did absolutely nothing.

I have the latest drivers for my ATI 4800 series video cards as well.

Does anybody have any other ideas ?

I have exactly the same problem (black terrain) on a fresh install of Civ4 BTS (via Steam), and a fresh install of C2C (12.0) in Documents/My Games/... I've tried the potential fix noted above, but it did absolutely nothing.

I have the latest drivers for my ATI 4800 series video cards as well.

Does anybody have any other ideas ?

It would appear that running Civ4 in Administrator mode solves the problem; it worked for me, at least.

Good job getting on the latest update!

Also, I've done a performance test on C2C 10.2, and at max it runs 1.51GHz (51%) of my processor (while loading) and 1GB* of my RAM when fully loaded on a well developed modern age small map w/ 4 civs. I have no issues (or lag) with a **1GB graphics card.

My Relevant Specs:
2.7GHz Pentium Dual-core CPU
4GB 1333MHz DRR3 RAM
1GB GDDR5 GPU
Windows 7 SP1

I run C2C on compatability mode (Win XP SP3) with admin rights.
I might recommend that you try not to load an autosave with the auto-run running your Civ, as it has crashed my game before.

*71% running all the other apps and processes you might expect on Windows 7.
**While it's not C2C I also managed to run Rise of Mankind 2.92 on a 128MB GPU and 2.5Ghz Dual-core processor and 2GB DRR4 RAM, though I couldn't run the extra map sizesdue to memory problems.

Thanks for the answer Joseph II :) (and for learning me a new word in english ^^)
I will try a new game on a custom continent and see how it wok (I also like the ship part of the tree, but a archipaelago map often make you alone on your island for a few centuries, which is pretty boring :/)

Your Welcome.

Actually being alone for several centuries for me adds to the "tension" and excitement of the game as you don't know how you are stacking up against the AI. I also find that it gives the AI a Chance to grow and develop and become a better mid to late game foe.

Your Welcome.

Actually being alone for several centuries for me adds to the "tension" and excitement of the game as you don't know how you are stacking up against the AI. I also find that it gives the AI a Chance to grow and develop and become a better mid to late game foe.

I am not on that map but PW2 map and I just happened to spawn on an isolated landmass where it has lots of tundra and mountains. It was a challenge to settle there but lucky there were a lot of glacial rivers to settle on. I am on a snail game and just entered the Medieval Era. I can tell I am way behind from the wonders the other civs are building.

I suspect I may end up like the Americas where the more technologically advanced Civilization came and wiped them out. I have not seen any boats yet so i can only assume they have not discovered Optics yet. The tension is crazy since I have no more land left to settle in and all I can really do is build buildings and try to advance to the next tech.

I see what you mean, it could be interesting to play a game this way, but it's just too sad to have so many nice unit to build and nothing to do with :-(
I try a few custom continent map but I think I will stay with the planet_generator. It gives a more realistic world (big lot of forest, and tiles seems more natural.. a great plain, then a huge forest, then a desert making a natural wall against invasion.. With the custom continent it's a bit strange, I had one tile desert, then a jungle, then a grassland, then a desert... maybe better for building differents improvements, but that's all ^^

And as I'm here, I have a little suggestion about subdued animal and herds. I really enjoy the fact that, on a same continent, you have lot of ressource, but not all of them. For exemple, one continent will have lot of pigs, another a lot of cow, the third has a lot of deer... And it force you to use diplomacy and trade in the later era, and to think twice before declaring a war.
But with always more animal having the possibilities of building herds, most of the food ressource are available for all civ :/
So my idea: could it be possible to make those animal spawn near a existing ressource, and keep them near it? So, if you are on a continent with lot of deers, you can have some more in the few cities without it in their vicinity by building herds, meaning always more to trade later. But you won't have cow or pigs, and you will have to trade them counter your deer :)

And as I'm here, I have a little suggestion about subdued animal and herds. I really enjoy the fact that, on a same continent, you have lot of ressource, but not all of them. For exemple, one continent will have lot of pigs, another a lot of cow, the third has a lot of deer... And it force you to use diplomacy and trade in the later era, and to think twice before declaring a war.
But with always more animal having the possibilities of building herds, most of the food ressource are available for all civ :/
So my idea: could it be possible to make those animal spawn near a existing ressource, and keep them near it? So, if you are on a continent with lot of deers, you can have some more in the few cities without it in their vicinity by building herds, meaning always more to trade later. But you won't have cow or pigs, and you will have to trade them counter your deer :)

That is just what I want to do, and I am slowly working towards it.

Top Bottom