Caveman 2 Cosmos

Hi just been playing version 12 - great job!

I have the following comments/observations on my game:

1) I got into a war with Napoleon and he just wouldn't make peace without me giving up a city (one of my own as i had not captured any of his). It wasn't as if i wasn't decimating his armies either - he just wouldn't stop. What factors affect when peace will be offered?

2) Napoleon used a LOT of Wardogs - with a move of 2, combat of 17 (and only costing 90) these seemed overpowered. Why do dog units have anywhere near that combat value - Muskets are only 20.

does anbynody recognize that get a prohpet by a religion tech is very powerfull i mean just let him discover a new religion tech an you get a second prophet do the same again and there is the thirt you can get an douzen of technologies in a single round :crazyeye:

3. This just sound like you are unlucky. What map do you play on?

I've only just found this mod but I've started a couple of games so I checked how much copper there was (all standard maps with standard settings)

RoM_Arboria 0 Copper
RoM_Archipelago 5 Copper
RoM_Balanced 1 Copper
RoM_Continents 1 Copper (on the other continent of course)
RoM_Earth 3 Copper (0 In new world and 1 in Australia)

Apart from Archipelage these seem like rather low numbers, is there any way to boost the amount of Copper that spawns?

I've only just found this mod but I've started a couple of games so I checked how much copper there was (all standard maps with standard settings)

RoM_Arboria 0 Copper
RoM_Archipelago 5 Copper
RoM_Balanced 1 Copper
RoM_Continents 1 Copper (on the other continent of course)
RoM_Earth 3 Copper (0 In new world and 1 in Australia)

Apart from Archipelage these seem like rather low numbers, is there any way to boost the amount of Copper that spawns?

I never play on mapscripts, has anyone else noticed this problem??

btw Welcome to CFC (Hey wait your posts say 2, but your Join time says 2008??

(Hey wait your posts say 2, but your Join time says 2008??

I joined CFC in 2008 and a day later my computer promptly broke. I totally forgot how awesome Civ4 was (I should probably be given 40 lashes for that one) and it was only recently that I purchased and disappointed by Civ5 so it's back to Civ4... or I could just be a time traveler looking to mess with people.

I have couple of issues with my current game:
1) I don't have any diplomacy options. No embassy, no open borders, nothing
2) I'm almost in industrial age, and I got a glitch. After I end my turn, ai's turn never ends.

I got the mod from torrents (someone linked it in downloads)

I have couple of issues with my current game:
1) I don't have any diplomacy options. No embassy, no open borders, nothing
2) I'm almost in industrial age, and I got a glitch. After I end my turn, ai's turn never ends.

I got the mod from torrents (someone linked it in downloads)

2) is a known problem. Try, on the turn before the waiting bug, go into the BUG Options (lady bug button, top left) and change the limit for number of units on a plot to zero - caveman2Cosmos tag bottom right. A fix is in the works.

1) Some diplomacy options are not being turned on correctly, if you use the Advance Diplomacy game option. Again in the BUG Options go to the diplomacy tab and turn them on.

Why can I not have a religion with prophets and I have founded shamanism?

Better check to make sure someone else didnt found it before you, more than likely they did, but never applied it:mischief:

Hello,

I'm new to CFC and I REALLY like this idea for a mod. However, whenever I try to play, if I click on Single player, then the game loads for a few minutes then says I have a runtime error. I've tried re downloading the mod a few times but it keeps doing the same thing. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do? I run Vista 32bit with 3 MB RAM and 15 GB free space.

Hello,

I'm new to CFC and I REALLY like this idea for a mod. However, whenever I try to play, if I click on Single player, then the game loads for a few minutes then says I have a runtime error. I've tried re downloading the mod a few times but it keeps doing the same thing. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do? I run Vista 32bit with 3 MB RAM and 15 GB free space.

I know you mean 3gb ram :)
What graphics card do you have?

Playing through a game, I'm getting really fed up with the clutter caused by all of the different commercial goods buildings (e.g. cobbler, tailor).

Perhaps you could add 'buildings' like 'commercial district' and 'military district' as prerequisites for all such buildings. Start-up buildings like lumber camps, lighthouses, and those sort of thing wouldn't require the districts.

This would make managing the emphasis of larger cities earlier and working up newly-founded cities much less tedious and confusing.

Good jazz strategyonly. I've seen you around the board for a few years now and I must say props on this mod/mod. I've played through from prehistoric to twice now and a few stand alone games that make it up to medieval from prehistoric on marathon. The only major things I have noticed are that flex difficulty and no barbarians will randomly turn on when starting a game even after I have checked several times to make sure that they were not on, as well as spawning issues with neanderthals and animals. I've just modified the neanderthal spawn rates and will post my results in the next 24 hours. Is there a file similar to Neanderthal Spawn for animals? Also possibly spread out the economy buildings to the secondary techs ex. the dance hut being available with shelters and prim music, why not make prim music the primary tech and shelters the secondary instead of how it currently is working. :: shrug :: break up the recieving of 20 buildings from one tech.
Again good jazz dude.

~ LeAto

The card has no dedicated memory of its own; it instead borrows memory from the computer’s main memory (RAM) for graphics use.

It only has 2 GB of DDR 2 and is 32bit. (This will NEVER be able to handle this HUGE mod, sorry.:blush:

See review here:

http://pcgamingcorner.com/wordpress/?p=820

Thanks for your help, I will definitely download this mod when I set up my new PC.

Also possibly spread out the economy buildings to the secondary techs ex. the dance hut being available with shelters and prim music, why not make prim music the primary tech and shelters the secondary instead of how it currently is working. :: shrug :: break up the recieving of 20 buildings from one tech.
Again good jazz dude.

~ LeAto

Well the thing is they are spread out if you take Shelter Building first. They was to allow for other techs without forcing the player to choose shelter building. Thus any building that needed a structure in early game requires shelter building to make. That being said there are plenty of "buildings" that do not require shelter building to get, such as Berry Bushes, Root Tubers, Wild Herbs, Termite Mound, Carrion, Wild Mushrooms, Tidepools and so on. In short if you put off getting shelter building then it will seem like getting them all at once, because not getting shelter building early hinders the other techs due to the other available buildings. Thus rewarding the player for thinking ahead.

Top Bottom