Need testers for new editor

The SGL is available in the editor, but I cannot correct the source code, so if the game doesn't use the scenario file properly, I cannot change it.

Steph, the first version of the C3C editor does use it properly as far as the appearance of SGLs is concerned (that´s the reason why for example MEM or CCM are done only with the first version of the editor).

A small update for today.

Suppose you have a mod with an Iron Swordsman, and 10 flavour version of the units. They are identical, except they are not for the same civ, don't have the same name, animations.

After some testing, you decide the Iron Swordsman doesn't cost enough, and is to weak.

So you would ahve to go to each of the 11 versions, and change the attack/defense and cost one by one.

Or you can right click on the Iron Swordsman, select copy unit, then select your 10 flavour versions (easy if you put them just after the Swordsman), right click on them and select "paste to selected units".

You select in this window what fields you want to keep or copy, and then it's applied to all the selected units at once.

Tomorrow, I'll do a tool to reorder the "creation" order of units, and then options to sort/filter the units differently in the main list.

Man, this would make my life so much easier.
I've been wishing for a creation order sort for, well, since I started my mod...

I need some feedback.

I have added a filter option.

Obvsiouly, after you use it, the list of units contains only the units that match the criteria, and add the bottom, you get an indication of the total number of units and number of currently displayed units.

Now, the question.

What other filters could I add?

I have only the class and the civilizations for the moment. What else would be useful?

Note: the filter applies only to the main list, not to the combo box.

For land units if could also filter on foot non-foot units would be nice, would help to narrow the number of units dealing with.

Is it just me, or is this guy a genius?

You could add filters for offensive units (offence rating higher than defence rating) and defensive units (defence rating higher than offence rating).

If these filters can be combined (eg, show all American naval units or all Egyptian offensive units) then that would be supremely useful. I'm guessing from your screenshot that this is already the case.

You could add filters for offensive units (offence rating higher than defence rating) and defensive units (defence rating higher than offence rating).

If these filters can be combined (eg, show all American naval units or all Egyptian offensive units) then that would be supremely useful. I'm guessing from your screenshot that this is already the case.
Of course they can be combined.
Where would you put a unit with offense = defense?

A little new feature, last one for this morning.

Set your insertion point somewhere

The insertion point now as a yellow line.

Select several units, and use the Move selection command in the contextual menu.

And all the selected units are moved after the selection point, keeping their current relative order.

My reorder function is slower than Gramphos's, as it can work on a list of unit (and not one by one), which requires reloading all the lists (ex: the list of units in the general settings).

But it can work on as many units you want, and after the reorder, the current insertion point is kept.

I'm not sure about this: but it seems to me dangerous to re-order units of an existing biq file. For example, if you have a stack of units of diffrent kind in a scenario. Units nr 5 to nr 20 in the editor are in this stack. If you delete, unit nr 10 (for example) in the editor, then units nr 11 to 20 became units nr10 to 19 on the map.
For example you had a tank as unit nr 20 et an infantry in unit nr 19. After the modification, your tank will become infantry. So you have to repeat the deployment of all the units on the map.

Another idea for the filter: perhaps would it be usefull to see only unit with terraforming ability

I'm not sure about this: but it seems to me dangerous to re-order units of an existing biq file. For example, if you have a stack of units of diffrent kind in a scenario. Units nr 5 to nr 20 in the editor are in this stack. If you delete, unit nr 10 (for example) in the editor, then units nr 11 to 20 became units nr10 to 19 on the map.
For example you had a tank as unit nr 20 et an infantry in unit nr 19. After the modification, your tank will become infantry. So you have to repeat the deployment of all the units on the map.
I'm sure a smart programmer would be able to take care of it, and manage the gap properly, wouldn't he?

Another idea for the filter: perhaps would it be usefull to see only unit with terraforming ability
I was thinking about that to.

I don't see what you mean by "only immobile to identify which one have the transport flag"

I'm sure a smart programmer would be able to take care of it, and manage the gap properly, wouldn't he?
I hope ;) in any case the editor currently works as I described and its' not very interesting to re-order units when you have many of them already deployed on the map

I don't see what you mean by "only immobile to identify which one have the transport flag"
Units that can not move can cause a frozen game in a mod where AI is trying to board a ship or something else. So it can be very useful to be able to easily identify these units

I hope ;) in any case the editor currently works as I described and its' not very interesting to re-order units when you have many of them already deployed on the map
My editor is supposed to be an expanded editor, and so to correct all these nasty little problems.

Units that can not move can cause a frozen game in a mod where AI is trying to board a ship or something else. So it can be very useful to be able to easily identify these units
I did not know of this bug. Then a filter could indeed be useful.

I'll post a new screenie tomorrow with additional filters.

Exciting stuff. Before I forget, remove options for resources, units, cities, terraformations, etc. on pre-made maps would save me a lot of time in many instances (of say, using a map from a different mod or downloading one that came with resources already). IIRC, redistribute options are the only ones that exist at the moment.

Top Bottom