Unit Request Thread 3

Plotinus

Philosopher
Retired Moderator
If there is a unit you would like to see made for Civ III, this is the place to request it.

Make sure you have searched thoroughly first, because we now have a lot of units in the database. You may also find the unit library and the unit artists' library helpful, but be aware that these are not complete.

If you request a unit, please bear in mind that making a unit takes a lot of time and skill, and people here do it just for fun. Making a unit for someone else is a big favour. So ask nicely, do not demand, and ideally, provide pictures to spark people's interest.

The previous request thread can be found here.

It's been a while since I've actually requested anything and I doubt the current unit makers would even bother, but I'll request anyway.

I'd like to request some premodern Korean units:
1) Gaemamusa - Goguryeo heavy cavalry (image can be found in Shiro's thread)
2) Early Korean infnatry (again, image can be found in Shiro's thread)
3) Silla archer (not something like a Hwarang, but a regular infantry guy)

It's been a while since I've actually requested anything and I doubt the current unit makers would even bother, but I'll request anyway.

I'd like to request some premodern Korean units:
1) Gaemamusa - Goguryeo heavy cavalry (image can be found in Shiro's thread)
2) Early Korean infnatry (again, image can be found in Shiro's thread)
3) Silla archer (not something like a Hwarang, but a regular infantry guy)

Sounds like a call for our Super Unit Maker (a/k/a Sandris)! :)

Not surprised by the first post.

Well, like I posted in my recent thread, I request a Mammoth animal unit without rider or saddle, and a War Mammoth unit with some sort of platform for bowmen or javelin throwers.

For my work-in-progress mod (Modern Day Europe):
  • Tanker (perhaps designed after the Knock Nevis, I believe my link in my sig still works)
  • Rail Gun
  • PAK FA
  • Various Modern European Infantrys (I don't think the WWII units do them complete justice, and I haven't seen ones for each nation)
  • Any other fitting Modern European unit
Just for fun:

Can you provide me with a few pics to choose from of exactly what you want? I could knock one or two of them out if you like.
-Perhaps this might be a good Turkish/Greek Infantry
-A more general Balkan Infantry (Macadeonia/Albania, Romania, Bulgaria) (no hard hat)
-Polish/Latvian/Lithuanian Infantry
-Scandinavian Infantry (similar to Polish, perhaps lighter camo, with AK5)
-French Infantry (with the hat I forget the name of, I wanna' say Burret)
-Iberian Infantry
-Italian Infantry
I'm sure alot of these are similar enough to be clumped into one unit, it just was easier to find pics by area/nation
And don't forget to add little touches of your own genious ;)

Taras Bulba, how does this guy look? He is armed with the MP44 here but I will give him an HK33 rifle when I actually do the unit. I modeled him after a pic on your Turkish Army website but he could probably double as any number of different countries. Let me know.

EDIT: I can make the skin a little darker as well if you think it need it.

that's amazing! I probably will use him for a couple of nations, but I think he might need a bit of a darker skin, you're right

For more versatility I could do both a light skin color (like pictured) and a darker skin color. And while I'm on the HK33 I will probably do a few different units with it.

I can do a lighter Camo scheme as well to use as a different country, most likely East European. It will have the HK33 also though.

Hi, can anyone make a Qassam rocket unit?

I'll need it for a middle east mod and I've looked around and can't find it anywhere. Thanks to anyone who makes it.

Source image:

Top Bottom