Meet the Modders

Thank you, Ares. Expect to see me over in your country at several points in time in the next few years, rooting through your archives and translating your documents!

No sowing dissenssion to further Ireland's secret aim of conquering the world?

Nope, I'm strictly non-Irish history. :D Even though it's obvious that we have conquered the world already ;)

Some news: The short story of mine will appear in the next issue of the magazine, in two months. This is better than it appearing in the current issue since it is still summer and probably less people would read it :)

This is the very first story i have gotten printed in a non-online, traditional magazine. I hope it is the start of a number of works appearing in the same publication :)

Ah phooey. I could always learn Greek... As if I don't have enough languages to learn :(

A few days ago i moved into the new apartment.

I love it here!

Everything is great, even the area is called Byzantium and the street has a byzantine name as well :D

Still happy for the magazine deal :)

Still on a diet as well:

My Masters programme was cancelled due to lack of numbers, so I've chosen an M. Litt/PhD combined programme. Basically, you can do a 2 year Masters, or if your work is good enough, do 1 year Masters and 3 years PhD. I'll still be doing German, I'll still be studying Early Modern Europe, and I should hopefully still be studying under those who I was looking to study under.

Hey Quinzy! Nice to see you back!

BTW, I've kind of let work on the FF mod slip, mainly due to getting a girlfriend and also partially due to trying to find a house I can buy that's not a total dump.....

I've downloaded the FF mod again anyways ;)

Great that you're settling down! :D

Finishing up the mod would be fantastic, if you have an interest in doing so, just saiyan. You can guarantee at least one download! :D

I sent a second story to the leading editor of the magazine but it was turned down :/ I think it was at least partly due to me being a new writer for him, and my first story being published next month. Maybe if enough readers comment positively on it he could change his mind :)

Also i am trying to take a good photo to hand over to a photographer who will professionally enlarge it (and probably manipulate it to some degree, i think it is common practice these days) as as to print it in good quality for my mother to have. This is what i came up with, but i am not sure if it was such a good idea, supposed to be a double photo to be kept in a folding photo stand :)

Also i am trying to take a good photo to hand over to a photographer who will professionally enlarge it (and probably manipulate it to some degree, i think it is common practice these days) as as to print it in good quality for my mother to have. This is what i came up with, but i am not sure if it was such a good idea, supposed to be a double photo to be kept in a folding photo stand :)
As a photographer and graphic designer I can tell you that enlarging a photo is the same as enlarging any other "pixel" based image. Anything that will be professionally printed needs to be at 300 dpi (and no going into an image editing program and changing the dpi does not work). The only way you can increase the dpi is by shrinking an image which is why images taken from the web (72 dpi) generally are not useable for printing. You would be much better having the photographer take the picture because they will be familiar with lighting and posing which is very difficult to do yourself and they will also have the advantage of working in camera raw. (CR2 is a digital negative)

You are right. It is just that i am schizoid and sometimes imagination gets projected into my image of my body (for better or for worse; both states have been examined by me) so it would have been ideal if i could take the pic myself. Which is why i will buy a digital camera and use that instead of the cheap webcam i am now using. If all else fails i will do what you say :)

Another short story of mine is to be shown to a second magazine. I hope they accept it, because this magazine is part of a publishing house and if i manage to have relations with them it may lead to the acceptance of my book too :)

Still no news though.

Still on the diet.

Some more news.

Diet goes on (and on and on, with seemingly no result though).

I wrote four new stories this week, and i will keep three of them, i have already made the fourth, less good one public at some site and buried it there.

Logically in a week the magazine will be out- FINALLY.

I graduated on Wednesday and I payed my fees for my M.Litt that day too. I am officially a post-grad. :)

Absolutely. My M.Litt programme that I will start on the 21st has the availability to evolve in to a PhD if my work is good enough, and I can afford the fees.

It's a two year M.Litt, and if the progress on my thesis has sufficient room for scope they may allow me to count my M.Litt as the first years of my Doctorate.

Also, thank you very much Blue :)

It feels strange; I will have my Masters by age twenty-two...

Top Bottom