Where are you from?

Gojira54

The folly of Man
I know we already have a meet the modders thread, but that covers a wide range of topics. This thread is strictly about one thing - your hometown.

I am planting Easter Eggs in MZDR, and one of these will be a based on the answers in this thread.

Please post the major metro area you live in, or were born in that you wish to be associated with. If you live in a small town list the closest major town with a population of at least 1 million. If you are not reasonable close to a major area, (say an hour a way) just list your town and I will place you.

This is to help me with my mod, so it IS in the right forum ;)

Please be aware that I will only include the EE related to you if you post in this thread, but at the same time by posting in this thread you give me the permission to use your CivFanatics handle and hometown listed in this thread in Modzilla.

Hopefully this will add a bit more fun to the game :)

Current listing (2011.08.27):
Gojira54: Rancho Santa Margarita
Quinzy: Dublin
Kyriakos: Thessalonike
Blue Monkey: San Bernardino
WildWeazel: Washington DC
Rob (R8XFT): Leeds
themanuneed: Lyon
CivArmy s. 1994: Campinas
Moosezilla: Detroit
El Justo: Atlantic City
Wolfhart: Stockholm
Grandraem: Toronto
AnthonyBoscia: Philadelphia
Bengal Tiger: Toronto
Steph: Toulouse
georgestow: Reading
Takhisis: Buenos Aires
Vuldacon: Southeast corner of Missouri (Town name?)
GoldFlash: Space Cleveland
nick0515: Christchurch
Dumanios: Delaware, Ohio, USA
Mithadan: Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada
Maimonides: Kansas City, USA
ruby_sauce: Rotterdam, Netherlands
Wolfshade: Minsk, Belarus
KingArthur: Glasgow, Scotland, UK
LizardmenRule!: Adelaide, Australia
Wuhjah: Wuhan, China
Mrniceguy101: San Antonio, TX, USA
Ozymandias (King of Kings): New York, NY, USA

I should add that MZDR has a global map of current Earth (sort of), so as long as you live on Earth it can be included.

I was raised in the town of Boyle, in the north of Co. Roscommon, by the Co. Sligo border. It has a population of around 2,500; the nearest urban area to Boyle would be Sligo town/city, with a population of around 20,000.

I then moved to Maynooth, Co. Kildare, when I was 17 in order to attend university. Maynooth has a permanent residence of around 10,000, and a student population of around 8,000. This means the town seasonally doubles in population. The nearest urban area to here would be Dublin city, which has an urban population of 1 million, or a population of 2 million of you include the greater metropolitan area. :)

So, to answer your question properly, Dublin would be the place you're looking for :D

I already had Dublin in the mix, but not Thessaloniki, as I have the hard cutoff at 1 million urban, and Thessaloniki is around 800,000 urban according to my sources. I added it though, as I do associate that with you specifically, and it has a metro pop over 1 million. Close enough :p

Born in Dana Point - Camp Pendleton Marine Base. Which is more or less half-way between LA & San Diego.

For the majority of my life I've lived in the San Bernardino area. No single city is over a million but the whole urban sprawl of San Bernardino & Riverside areas adds up to well over a million.

Several of the "monster" movies of the 1950s - like THEM! - were filmed out our way. Joshua Trees & Mormon Rocks have been celluloid stand-ins for many locations. Including other planets. We've also got quite a few classified military / research facilities that would provide suitable mutation kick-starters. Maybe there can be an "Inland Empire" EE somewhere between LA & Vegas?

Where better for Giant Radioactive Monkeys to call home? They invaded CFC at least as early as 2002. It's common knowledge that the blue radioactive monkeys use homework & utilities payments as their major food source. Here's a post with a photo of one spotted moving from Adelanto to LA. He was a little late to get in on the job bananza Hollywood offered at the same time they were hiring "little people" from across the country. A deleted scene in "Under The Rainbow" would have included that aspect of the mysterious events of 1939. Maybe he's looking to get work as a summer replacement at Universal Studios. :p

I forgot you were so close to me. I am in Orange County, in Rancho Santa Margarita. Eastern OC, near the 241, south of the 91. Basically the only thing between me and the 15 is the mountain range and Cleveland National Forest.

Yes, I suppose for those of you not near a city of 1 million or more, I could still add your EE, it just won't be amidst any ruins ;)

I was raised in the south of France and now live in Lyon, which is (according to wikipedia) above 1 million pop (but the french and english versions of wiki have different counts).

"Tell em you're from Detroit!" is an old slogan, I was born in Wyandotte, have lived near & in Detroit my whole life. Canton of Roaring Waste is an (sp)anochronistic society area designation.

born in Alexandria, VA and moved back to Southern New Jersey with my parents as a toddler. raised in a town called Cinnaminson which translates roughly from Algonquin to English as 'Sweet Water'. moved downashore after high school to Ocean City, NJ. moved about some more during college years; to Philadelphia for a time, back to South Jersey shore area and now in Absecon, NJ (another Algonquin Indian word meaning 'bay' or 'little water') since 2003. it is a stone's throw from the water and a few miles outside of Atlantic City. i have a neat little plot of land where i can plant my grass, vegetables, flowers, and the like :) it is very soothing, therapy if you will :D

I'm WildWeazel and I'm from the Internet.

I live near Washington, District of Corruption. For now.

I'll have to do something special for you, since DC is the American starting city. Would you say you are more of a carpenter or a scout?

Well, someone has to represent the Norse... born, bred and currently residing in Stockholm, Sweden (urban area 1.37 mill).

I was born in Toronto (Canada). I was raised in Etobicoke, but that's now part of the city of Toronto anyways. It's just pretty much suburbs.

The birth certificate says Bicentennial Baby: born in the City of Brotherly Love 200 years after and just up the street from where the country was born. Later on we moved up to North Jersey just outside of The City. Moved out at 17 and been a number of places since. So, Philly's still probably the best for me.

Top Bottom