Current (SVN) development discussion thread

Well, unless HRE controls both all Balkan and all Italian territories, flipping all Germany away usually results in the HRE's quick demise.

I also think that Portugal trading company shouldn't target Guangzhou/Canton.

Spoiler :

Did you say something about unstable HRE? In my games it is always a great pewer. Even in Prussian spawn it could maintain the HRE empire title instead of Austria...

I am sorry, but perhaps you're posting a wrong screenshot?
In this screenshot, the name is reduced to Austrian Empire and it's unstable :)

Spoiler :

Did you say something about unstable HRE? In my games it is always a great pewer. Even in Prussian spawn it could maintain the HRE empire title instead of Austria...

A Top 5 consistently stable civilization will require nerfs.
A Top 5 Unstable civilization is fine.
You could knock over that HRE with a poke of a needle if you wanted to.

This HRE had captured Berlin, though, so yeah.

It conquering Spain had always been quite a rarity in my games. I play 1.10, though.

There actually is a new commit!

- slower growth of the expansion stability penalty with increasing population in ahistorical territory
- expansion stability can only drop by at most 5 points between checks
- economic growth stability now depends on the number of turns of continued growth (check every three turns)
- increased the positive stability from happy cities
- increased the positive stability from winning wars

That was fun. I hope it addresses some of the concerns raised in the stability thread. I also plan to do something about the civics and diplomacy categories but don't know what exactly right now.

It's still far too harsh and Economy does not seem to increase at all.

Attachments

• Frederick AD-1826 Turn 363.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.5 MB · Views: 33
It's still far too harsh and Economy does not seem to increase at all.
Do you mean expasion is too harsh, or stability altogether?

I'll do some investigation for the economic stability, maybe the growth threshold was too high.

There is a slightly noticeable ease in the Expansion rating, but that I couldn't grow my Economy at all was really hampering any change this actually made.

Yes I tested this ... apparently the check of your growth doesn't trigger at all ... I'll fix this as soon as I have time.

This is actually an important question.

Is the risk increased for a civilization's respawn if I have more than one city on their core as in old RFC/DoC?
Because I could have avoided many of those Expansion maluses by not razing, but I also noticed that even with one city in a civ's core,
they can still respawn, thus nullifying that old gambit.
If the risk of having multiple foreign core cities is not equivalent to a one city core under the old system, then under the new mechanics,
a Domination is functionally impossible due to not having any leeway anyway you try it.

Because:
Having more than one city in a dead civ's core = Higher chance of respawn leading to land pop % loss
Having only one city in a civ's core and razing all the rest = Higher Expansion penalty incurred leading to more instability

If that is the current system as is, it is a major hindrance to any prospect of Domination.
Something will have to give, either make the risk equivalent to having only one city in a core per the old rules or the razing penalty needs to be lowered immensely.

Nope. A civilization needs a critical mass of potential cities (either owned by minor or unstable civs), but once that is the case the chance is the same no matter how many cities there are.

^Is the chance still greater for Western European civilizations and Japan like in vanilla RFC,
or is it the same across the board with all civs that don't have a disabled modern respawn?
IIRC, Rhye made civilizations like England and Japan respawn quicker/at the earliest possible moment.

There's still a random factor that's likelier for the Euros.

New commit should fix the economic growth stability.

Moscow vs Kiev food situation still remains un-fixed. If we just move Russian start 1 tile South (Ryazan') this goal will be accomplished without much resources redistribution. Human players routinely found capital 1 S anyways.

Moscow vs Kiev food situation still remains un-fixed. If we just move Russian start 1 tile South (Ryazan') this goal will be accomplished without much resources redistribution. Human players routinely found capital 1 S anyways.

There's always the "play the whole game with a superior capital 2 tiles away then settle Moscow 2 tiles away before victory" strat,
which is something the Russian UHV has going for it that the French & Russian ones really can't.

Top Bottom