Mass Effect Mod Announcement Thread

Commodore

Deity
I have been hinting at this in various posts here for a while now, and now I think is the time to officially announce this project. I am working on bringing the Mass Effect universe to CivIII. Work is still in the planning phase, but I am close enough to beginning actual production that I felt it appropriate to announce it.

Anyway, eventually this mod will be comprised of three different scenarios. The main one will be set on a galaxy map and will focus on preparing your chosen civilization for the galaxy-wide Reaper invasion that will take place late in the game. This scenario will attempt to stick as closely to the lore of Mass Effect as CivIII will allow. That means locked alliances and preplaced colonies. It will span the timeframe of 2148 (when humans discovered the Prothean ruins on Mars) to 2188 (two years after the Reapers began their invasion).

The second scenario will be a "sandbox" type game. It will basically be like a normal game of civ, just with a Mass Effect theme.

The final scenario will be an all combat scenario set on Earth during the Reaper invasion. The goal will be to try and holdout against the Reapers until Shepard can arrive with his fleet to drive the Reapers back.

Civs that will be included are:

Playable: Asari Republics, Systems Alliance, Salarian Union, Turian Hierarchy, Geth Consensus, Migrant Fleet.

Non-Playable: Citadel Races, Terminus Systems, Collectors, Reapers.

I want to add Cerberus into the game, but I'm not sure how to implement them. They don't seem quite right being a civilization, since they never were an actual nation, but they also seem to important too relegate them to the role of "barbarians".

Feel free to make suggestions, comments, or ask questions. Also I am working on this by myself, so any offer of assistance would be greatly appreciated. As more work is completed I will update this thread.

Here is a screenshot of the Systems Alliance (humans) territory:

Attachments

• memap.png
    memap.png
    277.4 KB · Views: 143
Have any plans on making units? have any of them?

Have any plans on making units? have any of them?

No since I have no unit making skills at all. I do have access to a lot of the 3D models and textures though. So all I need is a few generous unit makers.

UPDATE: I have a good bit of the map done and I found a lot of place holder units for the mod that should work until I can get someone to make some units for me. Check the second post for a screenshot of the map.

Top Bottom