PH13: The Book and the Hammer

I did not play with BUG. Pholk, are you sure you updated? Otherwise Ruff has some explainin' ta do!

I really like the look of pale yella. How about red -> yellows? Gandhi never attacks, mind. We can do whatever we want.

@LK: As using the BUG mod is welcome by most in this team (most important the captain, of course :p) I suggest you also use it. You get no problems and it takes very little time. BTW we know you don't like BUG... :rolleyes:

oh dear. What version of BUG? Which save is causing the problem? What is the problem? How do I reproduce it?

Edit: I've d/l the 2 saves, cranked up BtS with a totally empty customassets folder and I could open the log from both. No crash, no freeze. However, the log does look a little funny from Pholk's first set ...

So far, so good. The CTD BUG in-game log is not raising its ugly head (for me). I'll take a look at the colour of the messages and see if I can figure out what is going on.

take note, though: I use the BUG mod (v2.22), but ruff says that the log-crash bug has been fixed so the issue that i think disallowed it from your games is fixed.
I claimed no such thing! I said that I think that I have fixed it and I am waiting for a game to be run with 100% pure post v2.20 of BUG to say it has been fixed. It is very had to test for the absence of an event (if you know what I mean).

Also, if ruff_hi reads this, he really needs to make a random leader selector. I have have Ragnar in 90% of my BTS games at least. I hate him sooo much.
See thread here.

Currently, I'm only looking for two people to fill in the available spots, but alternates are always welcome as some people might not be able to play anymore. And of course, lurkers/spammers/etc are always welcome.

Roster:
pholkhero
Quotey
Kodii
r_rolo
LKendter
mystyfly

Ruff_Hi on DMs on March 20th!! said:
Do you have an open spot for a very sporadic player? I might be able to squeeze in a set or two ... then again, I might not be. Either way, I will be following as Pholk said he would (foolishly) test the latest version of BUG for me :D.

Gees - what do you have to do to get a game around here! Well, if BUG is still buggy - probably best that I don't play and open myself to attack.

After some delay, here we go:

T0 2640BC - Revolt to slavery

T1 2600BC - We get 58G from a hut

T2 2560BC - Berlin builds a warrior; we are 1T from growing, so I invest 1T worth of shields into another warrior

T4 2480BC - We meet the alien, who founds Judaism on the same turn

T7 2360BC - Whip the settler

T8 2320BC - Masonry in; I decide that IW is more important if we want to settle those jungles ASAP; Barb uprising (I hate the RNG), so I put hammer overflow into another warrior

T10 2240BC - Have I mentioned that I hate the RNG? Whip another warrior

T11 2200BC - We hold without any casualties. Have I mentioned that I love the RNG?; Hamburg is founded on the red dot; Berlin begins a worker

T14 2080BC - A barb city appears RIGHT outside Berlin. Have I mentioned that I hate the RNG?

T16 2000BC - Berlin completes worker and begins a settler; the worker begins to road to Hamburg; Copper is connected to Hamburg

We are 11T from IW. My reasoning is that we won't need a library in Berlin for a while as we expand. Hamburg should begin axeman production. The good news is that we haven't run into any AI lands in the east (yet), so we may not have to rush our expansion.

Attachments

• PH13 BC-2000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    80.8 KB · Views: 59
Once the barbarian uprsing event shows up it often shows up more then once. We had better be careful with our exterior cities.

Gees - what do you have to do to get a game around here! Well, if BUG is still buggy - probably best that I don't play and open myself to attack.
i think you know, big boy ;)

:rotfl:

wanna be a Sometime Seventh in this game? Or too busy trying to refix the BUG after you rebroke it?

Good turns, Kodii ~ nice to see that someone else has the same love/hate/hate/hate relationship with the RNGod. good on ya on settling the red dot. I still think expanding into Gandhi is the way to go, even more so since we won't be able to war with him (unless it's our first Ind Age strike!). Also, let's definitely explore to the east more and see what's what.

Go for some axes to take out that barb city "toot sweet" :D too bad we have to raze it.

IW > writing i think, no?

Once the barbarian uprsing event shows up it often shows up more then once. We had better be careful with our exterior cities.
i never noticed that ~ does it often occur to the same civ?

Roster:
pholkhero
Quotey
Kodii >> just played
r_rolo >> UP NOW
LKendter >> on deck
mystyfly
ruff_bye??

i never noticed that ~ does it often occur to the same civ?
IIRC I saw it with archers, and later with swords. I was the victim both times.

sigh - I tested the saves again, this time by double clicking on the save - and got a CTD with the second one. BUG is still buggered. :mad: and :sorry:

sigh - I tested the saves again, this time by double clicking on the save - and got a CTD with the second one. BUG is still buggered. :mad: and :sorry:
That would make sense. I start 100% of my games by double clicking.

That would make sense. I start 100% of my games by double clicking.
Lee - can you do me a favour? Open the latest save from within the game and then try and open the log. If it doesn't crash - that tells me something. If it does, can you post your civiliation.ini file for me - I want to compare it to mine to see what options stop the crash.

Lee - can you do me a favour? Open the latest save from within the game and then try and open the log. If it doesn't crash - that tells me something. If it does, can you post your civiliation.ini file for me - I want to compare it to mine to see what options stop the crash.

It still crashes if I start the game regularly.

My civiliation.ini is in the spoiler.
Spoiler :

[CONFIG]

; Allow Mouse Scrolling in Windowed mode
MouseScrolling = 0

; Enable Trilinear Filtering for the Minimap
MinimapTrilinearFilter = 1

; Enable Tree Region Cutting
CutTrees = 1

; A non-zero value overrides the FIELD_OF_VIEW parameter from GlobalDefines.xml
FIELD_OF_VIEW = 0

; Allow Camera Flying
AllowFlying = 0

; Don't show minimum specification warnings
HideMinSpecWarning = 0

; Random seed for map generation, or '0' for default
MapRandSeed = 0

; Random seed for game sync, or '0' for default
SyncRandSeed = 0

; Email address from which Pitboss reminder emails are sent
PitbossEmail = 0

; SMTP server authentication login for Pitboss reminder emails
PitbossSMTPLogin = 0

; SMTP server for Pitboss reminder emails
PitbossSMTPHost = 0

; Number of seconds to accept live game list updates from GameSpy (-1 for initial snapshot only, 0 for no live updates
GameUpdateTime = 10

; Bandwidth options are modem or broadband
Bandwidth = broadband

; QuickStart - SinglePlayer games only!
QuickStart = 0

; Dont show the game background during movies - may speed up movie playing
HideMovieBackground = 0

; Enable/disable background music
PlayMusic = 1

; Allows some memory savings *** ALT-TAB WILL NO LONGER FUNCTION ***
MemSaver = 0

; Use managed interface textures (may be safer but shouldn't be needed, uses more memory)
GUIManagedTextures = 0

; file format (TGA,JPG,BMP), Warning: TGA requires a lockable buffer which can lower performance
ScreenShot Format = JPG

; Enable voice over IP capture and playback
EnableVoice = 1

; App Selects Specific IP to use for Multiplayer
SelectIP = 0

; Disable PAK memory mapping (May affect performance)
DisablePAKMemoryMapping = 0

; Don't skip frames if falling behind
BinkNoSkip = 1

; Copy entire image each frame, not just dirty pixels
BinkCopyAll = 1

; Show movies using hi-color, not true-color (may be faster)
Bink16Bit = 0

; Copy ever other scanline during movie playback (faster)
BinkInterlace = 0

; Specify whether to play in fullscreen mode 0/1/ask
FullScreen = 0

; Set max frame rate clamp (0 means none)
SetMaxFrameRate = 0

; Set to 1 to put PitBoss to sleep when no players are connected
PitBossSleep = 1

; Set to 1 to page units out when non-visible
DynamicUnitPaging = 1

; Set to 1 to page unit anims out when the unit is non visible
DynamicAnimPaging = 1

; Set to 1 for no on-screen event messages
NoEventMessages = 0

; Set to 1 for no tech splash screens
NoTechSplash = 0

; Set to 1 for no intro movie
NoIntroMovie = 0

; Set to 1 for no python exception popups
HidePythonExceptions = 1

; The maximum number of autosaves kept in the directory before being deleted.
MaxAutoSaves = 5

; Specify the number of turns between autoSaves. 0 means no autosave.
AutoSaveInterval = 1

; Enable Audio
AudioEnable = 1

; English(0),French(1),German(2),Italian(3),Spanish(4) - Defaults to user-installed language
Language = 0

; Determines which user profile is loaded on game start
UserProfile = Default Profile

; Sync input to smooth interface (may run slower)
SyncInput = 0

; Force numlock always on while playing
ForceNumlock = 0

; Disable caching of file system (may slow initialization)
DisableFileCaching = 1

; Disable caching of xml and file system (may slow initialization)
DisableCaching = 0

; Specify a Mod folder (Mods\Mesopotamia), '0' for none
Mod = 0

[GAME]

; Account Username
Nickname = 0

; DirectIP Host Address
DirectIP = 0

; Map Script file name
Map = Medium_and_Small

; GameType options are singlePlayer/spLoad
GameType = singlePlayer

; Pitboss Turn Time
PitbossTurnTime = 0

; Max number of turns (0 for no turn limit)
MaxTurns = 0

; Game Options
GameOptions = 00000000000000000000000

; Victory Conditions
VictoryConditions = 1111111

; Handicap for quick play
QuickHandicap = HANDICAP_CHIEFTAIN

; GameSpeed options are GAMESPEED_QUICK/GAMESPEED_NORMAL/GAMESPEED_EPIC/GAMESPEED_MARATHON
GameSpeed = GAMESPEED_NORMAL

; Era options are ERA_ANCIENT/ERA_CLASSICAL/ERA_MEDIEVAL/ERA_RENAISSANCE/ERA_INDUSTRIAL/ERA_MODERN
Era = ERA_ANCIENT

; Sealevel options are SEALEVEL_LOW/SEALEVEL_MEDIUM/SEALEVEL_HIGH
SeaLevel = SEALEVEL_MEDIUM

; Climate options are CLIMATE_ARID/CLIMATE_TEMPERATE/CLIMATE_TROPICAL
Climate = CLIMATE_TEMPERATE

; Worldsize options are WORLDSIZE_DUEL/WORLDSIZE_TINY/WORLDSIZE_SMALL/WORLDSIZE_STANDARD/WORLDSIZE_LARGE/WORLDSIZE_HUGE
WorldSize = WORLDSIZE_STANDARD

; Game Name
GameName = Lee Kendter's Game

; Save Path - relative to working (Civ4) folder
FileName = 0

; Account Username
Nickname = 0

; Email Address
Email = Lee Kendter

; DirectIP Host Address
DirectIP = 0

; In-game Alias
Alias = Lee Kendter

; Modular XML Loading
ModularLoading = 0

; Main Menu Mods
MainMenuMods = Afterworld;Broken Star;Charlemagne;Crossroads of the World;Defense;FfH Age of Ice;Final Frontier;Gods of Old;MesoAmerica;Next War;Rhye's and Fall of Civilization;The Road to War

; Move along
CheatCode = 0

[DEBUG]

; Number of turns to autorun before exit (0 for no limit)
AutorunTurnLimit = 0

; Set App on Auto-Run
Autorun = 0

; Enable D3D9 Queries
D3D9Query = 0

; Custom Screen Height, minimum: 768 - Normal resolutions can be set in-game and will be used when set to 0
ScreenHeight = 0

; Custom Screen Width, minimum: 1024 - Normal resolutions can be set in-game and will be used when set to 0
ScreenWidth = 0

; Establish connection to Python Debugger
HAPDebugger = 0

; NetComm Port
Port = 2056

; Create a dump file if the application crashes
GenerateCrashDumps = 0

; Enable the logging system
LoggingEnabled = 0

; Enable synchronization logging
SynchLog = 0

; Overwrite old network and message logs
OverwriteLogs = 1

; Enable rand event logging
RandLog = 0

; Enable message logging
MessageLog = 0

; Break on memory allocation order #
BreakOnAlloc = -1

Boring set.....

Press enter and...
Spoiler :

How about that nice barb touch in the south? ;)

Met some nice neighbours ( well , the first is not exactly nice )
Spoiler :

Some work in the roads and we can start whipping axes after the settler
Spoiler :

IW in, pottery next
Spoiler :

Stopped 1 turn before the settler was done. Maps of the neighbourhood.
Spoiler :

As you can see IW made the stone spot a lot better in terms of production. Our first axe is moving there to cover the settler. I leave the decision to the team where to put next city.

next player, please....

Attachments

• PH13 BC-1560.CivBeyondSwordSave
    88.6 KB · Views: 62
Any chance we manage to get a settler to that gold - copper spot? Togerther with the a riverside city near iron, we'd have decent border cities I think. We should try to get down as many cities as possible (as we won't be allowed to wage war for quite some time). Too bad there is no food ressource in this area...

Lee's up!

nice turns, rolo ~ short and quiet. Though I like the blue dot, i think we should move outwards with our next couple settlers here, even at the expense of iron. that copper/gold seems really far, but, then again, I want us to try for the pigs/iron/dye up north to block off gandhi a bit up there. the gold/copper just seems so exposed to me, too.

and what about tech choices next? what do we need after pottery??

Let's figure this out before the next player goes ~

Roster:
pholkhero
Quotey
Kodii
r_rolo >> just played
LKendter >> UP NOW
mystyfly >> on deck

I see it, but I am NOT playing tonight. I want the Pyramids debated settled before I play. If we want them we need blue dot ASAP IMHO.

Top Bottom