CAR mod

ono-neko

Prince
I am not sure how optimize is Fairy Tale mod since I don't know much about modding. However, you may want to check CAR mod if you haven't already done so. I don't know how hard to do that since I have no experience other than editing XML in Civ4 (though I can read/follow codes in most programming languages). Following what you said in your intro page, you've only merged BUG and Better AI mod, but if you already done optimization or merged CAR mod, then simply ignore this thread :)

I checked CAR out some time ago, but I think I forgot about it, or decided against it, then for some reason. It makes the game faster, as I remember, and that would also be welcome. I'll give it a look again.

Fairy Tale is pretty fast, but it WILL be faster, since we're in the process of removing unused stuff (like in the tech tree, as you've noted).

Thanks. From what I've read in that thread, it seems to help some of the mods out there.

FWIW, stmartin is around again (he was missing for few months after the last update of HoTK). You could probably catch him around, if really need pointer from him about CAR mod.

I just did a quick search, and in this thread, jdog5000 said
The most significant time saving aspects of CAR were brought over or adapted...

So, you are right. Although, it's hard to tell how much of CAR he merged into BBAI or does it matter at all. Oh well, in this case I guess Fairy Tale (I keep typing Fairy Tail for strange reason :p) already have CAR merged, in a sense.

OK. That's sorted. Fairy Tale is pretty fast already though, as said. And taking out all the unused stuff, it will be even faster in the future.

Yeah. 30 seconds is very much unacceptable. That is also why I am working more with smaller maps. As you say, it depends on the hardware too. This computer I am sitting on, won't do many turns on the really big map, so you're not alone. More small maps for the people!

Top Bottom