Probably Improved Gameplay Mod

I can't remember if I read at one point that you were not doing more changes, but I really like this mod. Simple things like some jungle production and the changes to the Terrace, Colosseum and Traits should have always been in the game.
I see others as I replay this mod over again and look online with the hope for more wonderful upgrades.
With my new hard drive and Civ4 reinstalled, this mod was downloaded again.
Anyway, here are a few suggestions and I am sure you've heard some of these before. They are all in my head right now, so, here is a list. Any response (hopefully positive) is appreciated. Oh, I have downloaded Caveman 2 Cosmos again too, but it goes way overboard on the changes to the baseline game, that it isn't always what I look for out of Civ4, hence the preference for PIG.

1) The very first response post was for an upgrade to the Explorer. One is greatly needed. Even if, it is a soldier driving around in a Jeep after Replaceable Parts is discovered, that would be an improvement. Preferably, a stage before that too as a pre-american revolution recon unit with a early hand pistol.
Don't change the unit into a Marine, like The Reckoning suggested back then, that would change it into an offensive unit which could change the game too much.

2) You have changed the Colosseum to grant +1XP to melee units.
Which is a Great change. It seems like common sense to bring in the gladiator fights to enhance certain units.

2a) Harbor could grant +1XP to naval units. (Only a suggestion. Not as important as the CH change mentioned next)

2b) Custom House to grant +1XP to naval units.
This one especially. I keep reading that people just don't build this, because of it's limited use for the amount of production invested later in the game. If you are conquering everyone, then how many Foreign Trade Routes are you going to have? Fewer as the game goes on. Just ask r_rolo1 on how great the Fetoria is and you will see what I mean. (He likely will have a better suggestion than mine on this)

3) I find that the Expansive trait has lost some of its luster. Between the changes in BTS and the fact that many cities I capture already have a Granary in them, plus I rarely ever have health issues for my cities even on Tropical starts, begs me to suggest some possible upgrades.
Double production speed of Custom House.

Tied with the +1 xp, the number of EXP leaders building a Custom houses should go up.

4) Imperialistic to grant Double production speed of Stables.
Almost all of the Imp leaders had great horse units, from Genghis's Keshiks, Catherine's Cossacks, Charlemagne's Paladins, Portugal's Knights to Byzantine's Cataphracts. This would enhance some of the leaders who don't have a UU mounted unit.
The fact that Imperialistic typically falls into the lower half of the appealing traits, gives creedence that it is in need of improvement.

Anyway, that's it.
Looking forward to my next game using the PIG mod. :)

Top Bottom