Guess the New Civs

I think of all the modern civs people suggest, Canada, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Isreal; Brazil is perhaps the most worthy to be included. It was an empire, after all...

Canada suffers from a crowded North America, Israel is too controversial, Australia and Indonesia are each comparably young, despite filling out a unfilled portion of the map.

Indonesia isn't young,if you consider them as a descender from Majahapit empire . They seem a good choice of Civilization and despite their importance,they never have been represented in Civ series before .

Tupi would be a good civ to add, I think if they don't add Brazil. If the Iroquois can make it in, why not the Tupi?

Tupi would be a really bad choice,because unlike the North American native tribes,they were just a bunch of hundreds of tribes,who didn't leave nomadic style of life and neither found cities . And unlike Iroquois,they fought each other even before the Portugueses stepped in Brazil .

With 9 new Civs, and we know the 5 below:
Byzantium
Carthage
Celts
Netherlands
Maya

Here are my gueses for the last 4
Hittites
Zulu
Ethiopia
Srivijaya

Here are additional others that would be nice, but probably unlikely.
Great Moravia
Magyars
Khmer
Manchu
Khazars
Israel
Philistines
Majapahit
Apache or Navaho

Well, aleast there are still so many to choose from, in other Civ Expansions.

With 9 new Civs, and we know the 6 below:
Byzantium
Carthage
Celts
Netherlands
Maya
Huns

Here are my gueses for the last 4
Hittites
Zulu
Majapahit

Here are additional others that would be nice, but probably unlikely.
Great Moravia
Magyars
Khmer
Manchu
Khazars
Israel
Philistines
Srivijaya
Ethiopia
Apache or Navaho

Thanks, forgot about the Huns. :)
Made the necessary adjustment.

yeah, we know 6 now, including the huns. and even though the name indonesia is modern, most people base it on majapahit. the people who don't, base it on srivijaya. pretty much the only nod towards modern indonesia is the name.

When it comes to the modern civs (Poland, Brazil, Indonesia to some extent) the smart thing would be to release them as DLC. G&K seems to have picked up some additional press in the Netherlands for including them, and the Korean press hyped their own DLC quite a bit. It'd appeal to a lot of the series fans to have THEIR country represented, the expansion pack will more or less sell itself and Carthage, the Celts probably wont be quite such a draw on their own.

from the PAX demo: (someone actually there, and texting a cousin, who's posting it here)

Ethiopia and Austria.

Plus the Hun/Carthage UAs:

Carthage: Can cross mountains. Free harbors in their cities.

Huns: Raise cities at double speed. Start with Animal Husbandry. +1 production from pastures.

plus:

Destroyers are melee. Battleships are ranged.

Though, no 'official' confirmation.

from the PAX demo: (someone actually there, and texting a cousin, who's posting it here)

Ethiopia and Austria.

Plus the Hun/Carthage UAs:

Carthage: Can cross mountains. Free harbors in their cities.

Huns: Raise cities at double speed. Start with Animal Husbandry. +1 production from pastures.

plus:

Destroyers are melee. Battleships are ranged.

Though, no 'official' confirmation.

The streaming is not until 8th right?.. But the booth is still present.. right? I'm getting confused.

Austria, not a bad choice if you ask me, they SHOULD finally get their spotlight since they were half-involved in C3C, they had their data in, but nobody used them. But that still leaves out 1 nation?

AWWW crap, there was an interview I missed D: I hate myself xD

The streaming is not until 8th right?.. But the booth is still present.. right? I'm getting confused.

Austria, not a bad choice if you ask me, they SHOULD finally get their spotlight since they were half-involved in C3C, they had their data in, but nobody used them. But that still leaves out 1 nation?

AWWW crap, there was an interview I missed D: I hate myself xD

the interview (today) with Dennis is about to start, it hasn't been missed yet.

PAX is 6th-8th, so the demo is on the floor already.

Austrians surprise me, but in a good way. Yes, the game is going to be very Eurocentric, but I think they can still be fun.

ETA: Maria Theresa, not a surprise there.

Austria is confirmed and has a UA that lets her marry into a city state and acquire them.

He threw a name out there with the intrigue thing, but I couldn't quite make it out.

This is the guess the civ thread, not the PAX thread :p

However, I will point out that, as expected, the Byzantines have a Dromon. My guess is Dromon and Cataphract.

ETA: Ninja edit, well played.

One of the things I hate in the Civilization series is Eurocentrism.
5 civs of Europe!
Only in this expansion!
While Asia is even important and influental as Europe and has far lesser civs.

Where can I post complaint(s) to the makers?

So Ethiopia and Austria are in!

Leaves one more to go!

Austria and Ethiopia are nice choices IMO. Finally Africa gets some more civs and I'm not really surprised Austria is in considering there is a focus on religion and a Victorian era scenario.

Austria fits a couple things. The Renaissance scenario, the Victorian scenario, another female leader.

Top Bottom