Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

I'll PM the specific reasoning if you want. It happened to someone and I wondered why bother? If I posted specific users here I'd be infracted, learned that from experience;)

In general though, why would you IP ban a non-ad spammer?
There are reasons.

Honestly, if we cared to share, we'd have said so by now. Let it go. ;)

Why does the s*** worry about the shovel? Eventually it is going to get shovelled...

:nono: You know better than that.....

How do I get a custom avatar?

you have to be registered 30 days and have 30 posts. anyways, read the fine manual (also known as the OP)

Funny story - another site I've been on once IP-banned roughly an entire city (Tampa, Florida) just because of one guy. Also, I've got no problems with it, CFC even does it on individual bases which is fine.

One thing you need to be careful of, when considering IP bans... When I admin'd one forum a few years ago, I tried to IP ban a spammer - and because I'd forgotten about dynamic IPs, I ended up accidentally banning myself! :ack:

(got it fixed, though. ;))

Wasn't it only Finland though?

If we're talking about the same forum, I believe it was Norway.

Suppose you post a post with a censored word that you didnt realize was censored. You go to edit it out but by the time you do its been quoted. do you still get in trouble?

Suppose you post a post with a censored word that you didnt realize was censored. You go to edit it out but by the time you do its been quoted. do you still get in trouble?

In this post, Valka D'Ur advised you how to determine whether or not certain words were censored. In short, preview the post before submitting it. Doing so will show you any unexpected censored words.

HTH

Petek

Top Bottom