The Iliad

Indeed... Which is why the game is still wide open.. Sure the wast majority of the players are in hopeless positions but krum ryncheman and bolonsky probably are not. This is not a team game so ryncheman and krum can't stand allied forever, that is unless one of them don't want to win..

My position with Krum was more one of self-preservation. If I had not 'emraced' him, he could have squished me pretty much anytime he wanted. And trying to make a 'builder' civ with the Japanese is tough.

I am Ok with continuing to play it.

Toxo - I am sure we would all do the same in your position :)

Rycheman does indeed have a good chance of winning. But I understand that he went AWOL a few turns before the game went on hold for a holiday for the last few weeks.

Bolkonsky is in a poor position at the moment due to the wars I understand. But if there was to be a diplomatic reshuffle then the pressure on him lifts and he has a big empire in a central location meaning long term he would have a decent chance.

But as Bolkonsky has other commitments now and needs to leave the game and Rycheman has probably left the game already it can only continue with a new number 2 & 3 players.

Krum has comsistantly been ahead in techs, points and with a decent diplomatic position for hundreds of years in game. I think he should win rather than recruit a new number 2 & 3 that will completely change the game. If Rycheman wanted to carry on he certainly could compete and win, or if Bolkonsky was keen to chance it I would also say lets carry on. But if need to replace the 2 & 3 players then I would rather call the game now. Krum would be a worthy winner.

And I am good with that as well, Hoplo. :)

Krum would indeed be a worthy winner. His steam-roller start was very impressive. :goodjob:

It is something that we can earn from. I know that I was not aggressive enough when I was in the lead. I should have destroyed Carthage right after it went to war with Greece, but that is a lesson that I had to learn the hard way.

Almost ten days have elapsed since my last post and no one has offered to take over the game.

I have noted the above comments and although I have not heard from either Rycheman or Krum I think I will declare Krum the winner if there are no objections in the next day or so.

Bolkonsky. ;)

I have just declared Krum the winner and I would like to thank all players who took part in playing The Iliad.

Gentlemen, it was a pleasure! I will miss you all.

Bolkonsky. ;)

Thank you Bolkonski for being a great host. It was a fun game and you were always there to make sure "the connection was valid". Kudos!

And to Krum - You are the MAN! Congrats! I could say that we gave you a run for your money...but it looked like you just batted us aside and claimed the crown. Good Show! :)

Top Bottom