Team Free Embassy

:lol: - sweet rollers. I do believe zyxy is competing with me for the long post award! ;)

You got me ;) :lol:

It seems I'll have to retract what I said about research speed. A more careful inspection of the saves shows that Team FREE learnt Masonry between our turn 56 and 57 (i.e., they knew it on 57, but not on 56), and when we learnt Masonry on turn 63, they already had Math. I doubt they could do Math much quicker than 6 turns (that's 40 bpt, while 5 turn research would require 48 bpt), so my guess is they learnt it the same turn we learnt Masonry. That puts the current tech level exactly equal.

If we assume that they popped CB, then that almost evens out our more expensive starting techs, meaning that research speed is about equal too (they are slightly faster, as you would expect from an agri civ).

Conclusion: my concerns about uneven tech speeds were probably unfounded - in fact, we may have to work hard to keep up with them. The latest version (4) of the Treaty looks good to me, and I suggest we send either this or a proposal to swap Lit for CB + Math to FREE soon, before they start wondering what the silence is about.

Nice work on the treaty everyone :goodjob:

I like the latest version a lot so lets send it and see what they say.

It's about time we need to play the save.

I propose to send the following note to FREE:

Dear friends,

Our team has been very busy discussing plans for long term cooperation and the mutual advancement of our peoples. We hope to present a proposal to you soon.
In the meantime we would like to accept your proposal to trade Literature for CB and Maths. We have already put Lit on our side of the table.

Kind regards,
etc

Any comments? I intend to send this off in an hour or so.

Sounds good, send that off. And I like the full proposal as it stands too.

I think we’ve got enough feedback now!
Thanks everyone.

I’m sending the whole proposal right now… so no real need for that short note (if you’ve already sent it, no big deal either) … and certainly put Lit on the table.

Awesome job everyone! We’ll see what FREE thinks!
:salute:

Sent to FREE gmail and CommandoBob via PM... title: "Proposed Treaty"

Dear FREE peoples,

Our team has been very busy discussing plans for long term cooperation and the mutual advancement of our peoples. We are excited to present the following treaty to you…

In the meantime we would like to accept your proposal to trade Literature for CB and Maths. We have already put Lit on our side of the table.

I. Peace
  • FREE and The Council agree to take no hostile action, of any kind, towards the other.
  • This peace treaty will last indefinitely, and can only be cancelled by fifteen turns of written notice.
  • Notice of intent to cancel the peace can NOT be given before the start of the Middle Ages.

II. Mutually Assured Advancement tech Plan (MAAP)
  • FREE and The Council agree to cooperate on gaining knowledge to get Republic asap, and quickly advance into the Middle Ages.
  • Both teams agree to not execute a "slow burn" in getting any technologies in favor of stockpiling gold, unless explicitly approved by the other team. Essentially, both teams agree to do their level best to proceed in tech at a rapid pace and not look for ways benefit at the expense of the other team.
  • Both teams agree to stick to the following tech plan as close as possible.
    (For ease of reference, all tech beaker values are the base costs, according to CAII)
    Note: This chart assumes average beaker rate of 50bpt… we're sure this won't be accurate over the life of the AA, but we're aiming more to show progression rather than "actual" turns… operating under the assumption that both teams will progress in beaker counts at about the same pace, making the relative dates of discovery about equal to what's shown. Again, this depends on mutual good-faith.

• The MAAP can only be canceled or modified based on joint agreement of both teams.
  • The MAAP naturally expires after the exchange of our respective Bonus era advancement techs, but The Council and FREE both hereby express their desire to negotiate a new MAAP agreement for the Middle Ages at that point.

III. US vs. THEM
  • Both teams agree to not conduct any trades with foreign powers unless the deal is explicitly approved by the other team and factored into how it will affect the MAAP.
  • If either team meets a foreign power, they will immediately notify the other of the contact. Whether or not the in-game contact is shared will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis for maximum mutual benefit (in making techs cheaper for us and not for our foes).
  • This agreement of coordinated diplomacy will last indefinitely. It may only be cancelled by mutual agreement, or by five turns of written notice.
  • The coordinated diplomacy part of this treaty may be cancelled independently of the Peace Treaty, but not independent of the MAAP.

To a bright and glorious future for both our peoples!

Speaking with the voice of The Council, General_W

Alright! Lit has been sent, in a prime example of parallel processing ;).

I sent this little thankyou note to FREE's team account:

Dear FREE-ers,

Your wisemen bringing the knowledge of Ceremonial Burial and Mathematics have safely arrived. Thank you!

Best regards,
zyxy
on behalf of The Council

Team FREE hasn't fogotten us...

Hail and Greetings to General_W and The Council!

We are still reviewing your proposed treaty. Some changes have been proposed and we are discussing those changes now.

I also wanted to inform The Council of my new email address, TheCommandoBob AT gmail DOT com. (Some unwashed heathen has already claimed CommandoBob AT gmail, the rascal.)

Sincerely yours,

Art Parry
(aka CommandoBob)

Should we inform FREE that their Departement of Nomenclature is a little color-blind? They named a town Teal Domination, but we all can see plainly that they are Cyan :lol:

Should we inform FREE that their Departement of Nomenclature is a little color-blind? They named a town Teal Domination, but we all can see plainly that they are Cyan :lol:

Only after you check if our sailors have taken off their sunglasses first... ;)

Do you think Teal Domination is just a playfull name for any passing boats or a real statement of intent!

This just in from FREE!

Hail and Greetings to General_W and The Council!

We of FREE rejoiced at much of your proposal. Unending peace is quite welcome and the Mutually Assured Advancement tech Plan (MAAP) is evenly balanced and very fair. We have no items of dispute with either one. And once we are both through these Ancient Days we welcome the chance to reexamine the world and move boldly together into the Middle Ages.

In light of this, we would feel far more comfortable with the third part of the treaty to have the same cut-off date as the MAAP. We are not naturally suspicious and read no hidden messages into the third part of the treaty. It is merely that an indefinite coordination of diplomacy so early in the lives of our peoples is more than we can freely give.

We are not opposed to the idea of indefinte coordinated diplomacy. We are just not ready to commit to indefinite coordinated diplomacy.

We would like to suggest this revision to Points 3 and 4 of the third part of the proposed agreement:

• This agreement of coordinated diplomacy will last indefinitely. It
    may only be cancelled by mutual agreement, or by five turns of written
    notice.
  • The coordinated diplomacy part of this treaty may be cancelled
    independently of the Peace Treaty, but not independent of the MAAP.

To:
  • This agreement of coordinated diplomacy will last as long as the MAAP.

Would such a change be acceptable to The Council?
CommandoBob
FREE Foreign Minister (Acting)
Let FREEdom Ring
Let the white dove sing...

Seems fine to me!
What does the council say?

Do we want to speculate around the reasons for their change?

Perhaps they just want to keep their options open. Which is not bad, it means our options are open as well.

I am happy with this treaty.

A minor amendment really and like zyxy says it will keep our options open also (which could be especially important if we get the lighthouse).

In view of this I am happy with the amendment.

ok, great.
When you consider both:
A) That we’ve just met FREE,
and
B) Neither of us have met anyone us to confirm that they’re hostile like we fear,

Really, what we sent was a pretty ambitious treaty. I don’t detect anything sinister in them wanting to pull it back a bit to be re-evaluated at the end of the Ancient Age.

So, here’s my proposed note to send back:
Dear Brothers of FREE,

We salute you as our brothers and have declared a holiday in your honor!

We accept your revision without argument, and are excited to be entering into this treaty with you.
We have prepared a formal version of the treaty for a more formal signature, if that’s acceptable to you? The seal of The Council has already been stamped upon it, and we look forward to having it returned with your seal as well.

To Peace and Glory Together,
- Speaking with the voice of The Council, General_W

What does everyone think?

Top Bottom