The Iliad

The game seems to be down... Also, next turn I'll change my name to scooter to avoid confusion since my nickname was changed on the forums.

I hate the 16 hour turn around. I find that if the games turns while I am early in asleep I generally will miss the turn since it is not enough time for me to get there. I think the last time I missed, on Friday, there was no chance for me to get to the game since I finished work late and I did not have the time to play my turn.

I think the game would have been better on Normal game speed.Things just take too long in the beginning on epic for a Pitboss game.Just my thoughts.

The game seems to be down...

At the time of writing the game is running properly.

The CivStats Uploader did time out about nine hours ago. It has now been reloaded.

Currently there are over 11 hours left until the next turn.

Bolkonsky. ;)

I think the game would have been better on Normal game speed.Things just take too long in the beginning on epic for a Pitboss game.Just my thoughts.

I agree although there is nothing to do about it now.

Please note I will be on vacation for one week starting June 30 to July 7 unable to complete my turns.

Pls WarningU2 find a replacement, 7 days is a bit too much to wait for your civ to end turn.

thx

Well I didn't think this was a big thing but at least two people are upset that I actually have a life and the turn will go it's full course for a week. I think if you look back at the prior turns the majority of the turns have gone the full course with one or more people not taking their turn. I had planned to tee up my turns as it is still very early in the game at this speed and my little worker can build and my civ can research for time never ending. Had a been gone two weeks or this was later in the game ... I would try to get a replacement but its hard for a short duration to find anyone. If you want to make me an AI in my absence ... your choice.

It should not be too hard for you to find a short term replacement. Just make a thread about it, since you will need a replacement for a few games. I have no problem with going away, but since it is a fair amount of time, it is best that you do find a replacement, where possible. It is just a courtesy for other players.

Personally I don't mind at this stage of the game, since I don't think we've had more than 3 or 4 turns where everyone finished their turns...

WarningU2 seeing that you are taking it a bit personal, I actually don't mind you spending the full 16hrs on your turn then. 7 days isn't the end of the world.

Nice to know that you have a life as well! U see i was worried there for a sec.

I'm not taking it personal at all ...if my vacation is a problem ... replace me with an AI and I'll rejoin when I return.

I'm not advertising for a replacement for a week in a game that will advance nor more than 10 turns maximum and when it takes many turns to build anything. The person is going to just sign on hit enter and be done.

Had it been further in the game no question but its so slow and so early ... I don't see the harm in being absent but if a 16 hr turn is too much ... please just AI me. Who knows I may be better off for it.

As game host I feel that I should write something about the above discussion.

I refer players to my post about expectations and rules.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=5508829&postcount=137

I set up the game in such a way that I would have to intervene as little as possible and I wanted as few rules as possible.

The rules are that a player must notify me if they will be absent for longer than six turns. Substitutes must identify themselves. A player may request that the AI run their civilization.

Personally I would prefer that players get a substitute to take their turns while away but there is no requirement to do this since it may not always be either feasable or desirable. We all may be away from time to time and we may not wish either a substitute or AI to run our civilization. I would ask that players be mindful of this.

Finally, to be fair and impartial, rules must be the same for all of us and they cannot change in an ongoing game.

Just to let you all know i can't play my turns at the moment as i've lost my internet connection due to severe weather problems storms/floods.

I'll get back to the game when AOL restore my internet connection, hopefully soon.

I concur with WarningU2. He will only be gone for 1 week. The game turn timer is set at 16 hrs. People are already belly-aching that the 16-hr turn-around is too fast. Trust me, the game will move just as fast as it has been with WarningU2 actually playing his turns. And a final note: It is close to the beginning of the game on Epic speed...The world(game) will not change that much in only one weeks time. ;)

Have a safe and enjoyable vacation WarningU2! :)

I'm fine with someone being gone for a week at this point without any real issue - as long as they let everyone know.

But once there's a few more units running around, AI or sub will be a necessity.

Just to let you all know i can't play my turns at the moment as i've lost my internet connection due to severe weather problems storms/floods.

I'll get back to the game when AOL restore my internet connection, hopefully soon.

Player Game Log
Time Player Event
6/26/07 7:57 pm A new turn has begun. It is now 2440 BC
6/26/07 1:19 am A new turn has begun. It is now 2470 BC
6/25/07 6:43 am A new turn has begun. It is now 2500 BC
6/25/07 2:45 am Rycheman Logged out
6/25/07 2:38 am Rycheman Finished turn
6/25/07 2:33 am Rycheman Logged in

As long as this continues, it hardly matters what U2 does.

Top Bottom