Game idea thread - express opinion and interest

Indiansmoke

Deity
This thread is about a new game I am thinking of starting and I wanted to check everyone's interest in this.

The game will be an always war teamer in the spirit of online ladder play but without the turns restriction and the blazing speed.

Settings

Players:2vs2vs2vs2vs2vs2 (6 teams of 2 players)

Team settings: Start together & 1 area per player.

Map:The Green wheel (it is a modified Wheel map script so we get fewer deserts)

Size: Standard - ring & spoke width 3 tiles

Speed: Quick

City elimination 2 Watch out for this, loose 2 cities and you are dead!

Wrap: Toroidal

Climate: Tropical

Leaders: All allowed, no unrestricted

Huts, barbs, tech trading & random events: OFF

Host: Hamatchi

Timer: 20 hours

So basically a very fast game? Why play quick and use city elimination when we don't have restriction of having to finish things asap? Other than that it looks very crowded... Why Torodial wrap though? just to change things up?

The tech pace will be fast yes, City elimination is to make people balance military and expansion, and also to give a chance to teams who are left behind to come back and win, all in all it makes for much better games in my view.

It is not as crowded as you think, it is a wheel map and they are very big, I believe every player will have space for 6-7 cities in his area before needing to start making cities in the isthmus. Taking into account that you will be sharing an isthmus with your teammate, there will be enough space.

What happens to the rest of a city when the player get eliminated? Of course the fact that it is often wise to leave cities in civ is rather ruined by this setting..

City elimination means when 2 cities are destroyed the whole civilization dies - is erased from the map. and the person who took the city does not keep it as the city is destroyed automatically.

Now about ruining the concept of leaving cities, I would say it enhances the concept of protecting your cities!

Is there water on this map?

This is what a wheel map with 12 players looks like

Attachments

• wheel.gif
    wheel.gif
    121.7 KB · Views: 290
Top Bottom