New in Pitboss, and some problems, I thought

Athenethor

Chieftain
Hi,

I'm triying to start a pitboss game, but I have a problem with the "control program"

Once i've chosen every option (mod, map, network type, smtp config) the pick up the map & game options (this case fractal) and push "finish", the "control program" appear, with the list of the civ's available, and with a time counter.

But when I click on any part of the window, the "control program" going into not answering

As i'm doing test for what it would be, no one as connected till now, only me from the same PC. And it seems to work, since I can view the map, check the units and so.

I'm running BTS 3.13, and i put and screenshot of the control program

This is caused by either the game title or one of the player names using a non alphanumeric character. Almost anything besizes a-z, A-Z, 0-9 will cause the Pitboss admin window to be completely locked up because it chokes on rendering that character.

Tell all of your players to use a name that only uses the 26 letters of the English alphabet.

But.... there're no players yet

I think that maybe is in the leaders names, the translation to Spanish have many special chars, like "César Augusto" from Roma or "Ramsés" for Egypt

Could it be posiible to edit some XML files to remove this special chars from the default leaders names?

Also, the name "Quién(who)" has also an special char, in the step previous someone log in

I tryed to start a game without those Civs that have special chars by default in his name or leader, but the same happens

And it goes into not responding with nobody log in

Did you try with english version? as you can see alot of the spanish chars are special... Might be spanish version just is buggy...

Top Bottom