W.I.N.T.E.R's Makings Thread

so.. your making the chinese infantry now!?

i need it really bad too ;)

you dont want to know what i need them though...

MUH HA HA HA HA HA! :evil:

W.i.n.t.e.r said:
Pardon me ?!

Sorry, a little obscure - Chiang Kai-sheks elite units in the 30's and to some degree into the 40's were mostly German equipped - it'd be just a slight alteration of one of the German infantrymen, probably just the footwear if you chose one with a light pack or none at all.

Digression - if you've ever seen The Flying Tigers with John Wayne I believe there's a scene of 'Japanese' anti-aircraft gunners toward the end wearing GERMAN helmets, but they're not Japanese - they're Chinese, who were a LOT easier to get film of at the time :)

I thought Chinese infantry had more cap-like headgear then real helmets. Seen many films during that period and really they more have the same caps as Russian infantry during WW1. The classical "officer" cap the british had during marching and parades.
Cemo

I thought Chinese infantry had more cap-like headgear then real helmets.

Most did - but the Chinese Army had several grades of units (for lack of a better term). The Kuomintang was in the process of upgrading its army with German help (Chiang's anti-communist stance was helpful here) as WWII broke out so they had quite a few good divisions largely with German equipment, most of which were mauled at Shanghai. But the German equipment was used by many of the best units til at least 1945, helmets and all.

I expected it'd be a long shot at best! :lol:

BUT I think that a regional army (militia quality more or less) would be a nice addition to what I assume is a standard Central Army soldier you're making. This might be one that could be borrrowed from somewhere rather than made though.

Are you mocking at me by any chance?

No, at myself really if at all. My apologies if any offense was given. I posted the whole thing on the off chance you might become interested in the project. I take a great interest in that period of Chinese history, but (realizing the effort involved in creating the units) doubt anyone else has that much enthusiasm for the details.

New in the Graphics Section and now for the first time as stand-alone download:

The exclusive SOE (a CDG Community Project) Advisors for Industrial Age Scenarios PART 2
(note: not mood or era specific- actual graphics looks much better in-game than in this gif preview ;))

Get Part 1 and 2 at the Graphics Section

Winter, the Russian Dr. Evil is wicked... :eek:

Ive seen the germans.. none is as wicked as that russian dude..

not only is he DEAD white.. he has a scar...

BTW, i found the "smallheads" folder...

is there way to put these head in there for one nation only?

i dont want to see russian when i play the chinese, and i dont want to see chinese when i play rome ect.

or do i just have to select very carefully? (customed hybrid advisors)

@antiochus vii: Well I'll try to make a conversion of some sort in the hopes of being able to produce clearly identifiable randomly useable chinese units. German Helmets on Chinese units bring along the problem that this feature makes them look non-chinese to most people who don't posess the historical accuracy to identify them as such.

Top Bottom