Term 3. Welcome to the Foreign Ministry.

Why? I only sent a request for a chat when I said so. Earlier I just said that I was going to send for a chat.

How does this sound for our reply to BAT.

Dear Batracheros,
unfortunately the team of CFC has other obligations first before we are to research Alphabet. I do hope you understand our position.

Regards, classical_hero, CFC Foreign Minister.

maybe include something about still being able to trade for alphabet when one of us does get it.

taken from prez thread
we've also seemed to find GWT's border

and im sending the warrior up towards COG now

so can you see if we can get OB with these lot CH? GWT and COG

well we dont even need a chat to work that out.

Hey GWT/COG

In the spirit of friendship we offer you open borders to allow you to look through the fabulous country of fanatica we only ask that it is reciprocal

regards
CH

something along them lines? :)

Why? I only sent a request for a chat when I said so. Earlier I just said that I was going to send for a chat.
Nothing big; just what you said you sent to COG:
Wow, it has been awhile since both teams have talked to each other so I am proposing that we get together and have a chat. So I am proposing that we get together and discuss things. I am thinking of sometime this week, what time is good for you?...
The end of the first and second sentences are identical! :p

Open borders would be great for our exploring COG warrior. Just keep him out of sight until we get an answer; it will most definitely be negative if they see we have a warrior ready to go from turn one.

We got a reply form the Germans about the chat.
Dear Thunderfalls!

Many thanks for offering the chat. We would like to ask, whether you
have some special topics to discuss. Is there something you are
especially interested in?

With best regards,

I replied with this.
Yes we would like to discuss the possiblity of an Open boarder agreement and possible trade options.

Regards, classical_hero, Foreign minister.

germans said:
Dear classical_hero, dear thunderfalls!

Our team agreed to a chat. We could do this in this week. Because I live
in Germany I would prefer a time between 7 and 10 pm GMT.

Personally, I definitely prefer an IRC because I do not use Windows. Do
you have a preferred server/channel? You can mail me your settings,
otherwise we can also do the setup.

that was sitting in the box.

Hi!

> Excellent. Do you have a channel that you would prefer to do this chat
> from?
>
Yes, we can do this on Quakenet (server list:
http://staff.quakenet.org/servers.phtml)

Channel: #isdg-cfc-gwt
Passwort: cfcgwt

We can do the chat also at 22:00 GMT, if this is more convenient for you.

My nick at IRC: bratscher

Maybe on or two people form out team will be listen passively.

Regards,

bratscher, ambassador of the Nibelungen.

just to notify anyone wanting to attend, ill see if i can make this one (yes i know i say that every time)

I just have had a chat with GWT. The times are for the Germans because I did not have logging on at the time. :mad: Thanks to GWT|74er for the log.
Session Start: Wed Feb 14 13:02:46 2007
Session Ident: #isdg-cfc-gwt
[13:02:46] * Now talking in #isdg-cfc-gwt
[23:55:55] * classical_hero (~classical@dsl-220-235-11-8.wa.westnet.com.au) has joined #isdg-cfc-gwt
[23:55:58] <GWT|74er> ah
[23:56:02] <GWT|74er> hi classical_hero
[23:56:06] <classical_hero> Finally
[23:56:07] * GWT|74er sets mode: +o classical_hero
[23:56:11] <bratscher> Greetings to all!
[23:56:27] <classical_hero> It took some time.
[23:56:46] <bratscher> Fine, I hope, you are not too tired, early in the morning.
[23:57:58] <bratscher> O.k. lets begin?
[23:58:09] <classical_hero> No I am fine. I am just gwtting the save up right now.
[23:58:50] <bratscher> So because you invented us so kindly, please begin with your issues.
[23:59:30] <classical_hero> Well the first thing we are looking for is an Open Boarder agreement
[23:59:43] <classical_hero> This is for many reason.
[23:59:58] <classical_hero> So that we can increase trade and make our nations greatly rich
Session Time: Sat Feb 17 00:00:00 2007
[00:00:21] <classical_hero> Also so that we can be able to explore each other.
[00:00:49] <bratscher> At the moment, a believe, only your nation. We do not have sailing, so I think, we have no trade route to your homelands.
-
[00:01:49] classical_hero is ~classical@dsl-220-235-11-8.wa.westnet.com.au * Ian Nairn
[00:01:49] classical_hero on @#isdg-cfc-gwt
[00:01:49] classical_hero using *.quakenet.org QuakeNet IRC Server
[00:01:49] classical_hero End of /WHOIS list.
-
[00:03:14] <classical_hero> Well it is still a good opportunity for trade because with this map that we have, Sailing is a good tech to have.
[00:04:37] <bratscher> Indeed. But until we researched it? At the moment, I have no clue, when we are ready to research sailing.
[00:06:32] <classical_hero> Well do you think that you will be going for Alhpabet any time sooon, since we have Sailing and naturally would be willing to trade it.
[00:06:58] <classical_hero> Just think on that as I am getting some breakfast. brb
[00:07:26] <bratscher> Bon appetit!
[00:09:49] <classical_hero> I thought you were German not French. ;) I am having toast so I can still chat in the mean time.
[00:10:45] <bratscher> Good question regarding alpha. Currently, we don't have it. Do you know a nation currently researching alpha?
[00:11:04] <bratscher> Yes, I'm german, but I thought, its international.
[00:12:10] <classical_hero> It was a joke.
[00:12:31] <bratscher> Of course. :)
[00:12:58] <classical_hero> Well I am sure that GCA is researching, since we have other priorities right now.
[00:13:53] <bratscher> Oh well, you have such good relations to GCA? Let me remember, yes, you have open borders with them?
[00:17:04] <classical_hero> We have it since both teams are willing to get benefit from it, such as increase commerce and being able to scut their lands and see what is beyond them. We are still to met CBR and EVG.
[00:18:09] <classical_hero> As a result of the OB, we are getting some extra commerce via trade, so it is making that deal good so far.
[00:19:52] <bratscher> I understand. Regarding this issue, we are a bit further. We know all other nations.
[00:25:03] <bratscher> Regarding open borders, we will discuss this in our team, but I think, not before sailing.
[00:25:55] <classical_hero> According to the Foriegn Screen, GCA is not part of the trade network and yet we are stillable to get some commerce with them via the OB, so I am sure that we will be able to increse commerce also.
[00:26:25] <classical_hero> What tech trading option do you have?
[00:28:14] <classical_hero> After one of our teams eventually get Alphabet, naturally.
[00:29:19] <bratscher> We made the lower path of the tech tree, iron working etc.
[00:29:47] <bratscher> We also have priesthood.
[00:29:52] <classical_hero> So do you have Writing?
[00:30:14] <bratscher> No, we don't have it.
[00:31:04] <bratscher> Just a counterquestion, which options do you have?
[00:31:05] <classical_hero> So you have done little of the too, so that means that we could be able to try and research different techs for mutual benefit then.
[00:31:37] <bratscher> Yes, you are probably right.
[00:31:37] <classical_hero> We know that you have Priesthood sine you got the Oracle. Congratulations on that.
[00:31:48] <bratscher> Many thanks. :)
[00:32:51] <classical_hero> Well Right now we are researching Animal Husbandry, what are you guys working on?
[00:33:47] <bratscher> Animal husbandry do we have since a long time. Could be an trade option with sailing, damn alphabet...
[00:35:31] <bratscher> Currently, we are researching writing. But I don't know exactly, when we will finish it.
[00:36:21] <classical_hero> We will have AH in 4 turns then we are nt too sure what we might research after tha, since there is just so much we could research.
[00:37:15] <bratscher> Regarding some ingame question, I have to mention, that I currently work under Linux so I don't have the ability to look into the save.
[00:38:08] <bratscher> Regarding your research, which techs are you interested in, after AH?
[00:38:48] <bratscher> free-spoken, what do you need?
[00:39:45] <classical_hero> Well we lack all the Religious techs right now and we do not have Priesthood and Alphabet.
[00:40:26] <bratscher> Interesting, so priesthood will be a good trade candidate.
[00:41:33] <classical_hero> Yes it would be. We do not need to know anythin upto Iron Working since we also have upto that,
[00:42:29] <bratscher> We have all religious techs on the way to the Orakel, also meditation.
[00:43:58] <bratscher> Maybe someone has to concentrate on alpha, or do you think you can get it from GCA?
[00:44:55] <classical_hero> I am not too sure right now. It depends on what they would want for it.
[00:45:39] <bratscher> Yes of course. Its more the question if the are willing to trade with you.
[00:46:19] <bratscher> Normally, I think an equal beaker trade is fair.
[00:46:22] <classical_hero> I think they have shown this game that they are willing to trade with other nations, which is good.
[00:47:29] <bratscher> I ask, if it make sense for on or our teams to research alpha, because its very expensive.
[00:49:28] <bratscher> Sorry for my typos: if it make sense for one of our teams...
[00:50:39] <classical_hero> Well it depends on how long you have till writing since we could see and if we can get a deal with GCA in the mean time to get Alphabet. I will see what I can do. I know that is 3 turns we will have AH, so it looks like that I will need to have a chat with Lucky to see what he can do about trading for Alphabet.
[00:53:25] <bratscher> O.k. maybe you can ask GCA and you can inform us about your talk.
[00:54:18] <classical_hero> I will do that and please get back ASAP about the Open boarders.
[00:54:42] <bratscher> It seems, that you have rather good relations to GCA, can you classify the other nations you are knowing?
[00:55:41] <classical_hero> We know BAT and COG also. We are still to met EVG and CBR.
[00:56:25] <bratscher> Yes I know. But maybe some relations are better than others...
[00:57:35] <classical_hero> Well we recently have had a chat with BAT, but I have contacted COG, but so far no response from them.
[00:59:11] <bratscher> No response? Besides a "hello" we also have no further response from COG. With BAT we had a little smalltalk.
[00:59:56] <classical_hero> Thankfully we had a good chat with them. It seems that COG have shut themselves in, which is not good.
[01:00:19] <classical_hero> How are your relationships with the other two teams?
[01:01:31] <bratscher> GCA, I think just like you.
[01:02:20] <bratscher> With EVG we also had some smalltalk, until now nothing important.
[01:03:00] <bratscher> CBR seem to be just like COG, silent.
[01:03:59] <classical_hero> It is a shame about those teams that are silent.
[01:05:14] <bratscher> They will probably have problems during the game. Diplomacy is important.
[01:06:44] <classical_hero> I know, which is why I have been contacting teams that we have met to keep up the diplo, because for awhile we were silent, but that was due to RL issue. OUr previous foreign Minister got too busy with study and I was busy with work.
[01:06:58] <classical_hero> but thankfully work has slowed down for me to do these chats.
[01:07:30] <bratscher> croxis, if I remember correctly?
[01:07:51] <classical_hero> Yes.
[01:07:58] <bratscher> O.k., do you have some more issues to discuss at the moment? Should we make a short conclusion?
[01:08:47] <classical_hero> I think we have covered everything.
[01:12:42] <bratscher> Personally, I think its important to get alpha. Than we could probably get sailing and we can discuss about an open border agreement.
[01:12:42] <classical_hero> Since we have covered everything, So I will get back when I have contacted GCA. CYA
[01:13:27] <bratscher> Sorry, what is CYA? I'm not very familiar with these acronyms...
[01:14:07] <classical_hero> See you, in slang
[01:14:18] <bratscher> O.k, understood.
[01:14:41] <bratscher> Than, good bye, and happy gaming.
[01:15:09] <GWT|74er> cu

Basically they need to talk over in the team about a Open Boarder (but they want to get sailing first) and if we are to get some tech trading we need to talk to CGA to se what they wan for Alphabet basically.

It seems like they got a lot of information out of us, that they know exactly how we stand. They spent a lot of time asking about relations as well...

but if we play smart and confident I don't think it will be a problem in the long run.

Also they are Fredrick iirc, not a very strong leader and if need be, so long as we take them out before the panzer it should be fairly easy getting through them :)

Dear Classical_Hero,

We hoped to find a solution with you on MSN meeting. It seems that you did
not find this solution good enough. But as your message is very short, we
don't know exactly what it means. Most of us think that you just have to
search for something quicly and would prefer that we search for alphabet.

In that situation, we could have a solution, as we should be able to trade
alphabet in around 12 turns. with that, we could continue exchanges
together, in order to earn a maximum of science for our 2 civilizations.
This solution should more agree to your team, as we return in the first
situation negociated.

As our cities begin to take a lot of space, we also propose to open our
borders to help commercial exchanges and moves of our units.

Best regards,

BAT nation

12 turns till alpha- that seems like a good idea but are they trading for it or researching it is what i wonder.

This tbh seems like a very good deal.

Seems like the very good deal that should have happened many moons ago ;)

Top Bottom