Ask Dennis Shirk about Civ V: Gods & Kings (submissions closed!)

There was a patch leaked accidently that I think was meant to the press, which showed few things like new natural wodners, the above 4, a loading screen for those who disabled the intro and enabled animations (i think)

While true, those have always been there. I didn't get the leaked patch.

I think the "tech___" ones are just "you have invented ____." Look above for the version with the quote. I quite like the Calculus one.

OK, I was right the first time. Cool.

Have these tech quotes been transcribed anywhere? Attributed to anyone?

Anybody know if any of these would apply to the classical period (patronage maybe?)

The quotes are present in the CIVILOPEDIA gimme a sec :)

PUBLISHING
"There are three difficulties in authorship: to write anything worth publishing, to find honest men to publish it, and to find sensible men to read it." - Charles Caleb

PATRONAGE
"Everything passes - Robust art Alone is eternal. The bust Survives the city." - Theophile Gautier

BALLISTICS
"'Once the rockets are up, who cares where they come down?
That's not my department,' says Wernher von Braun."
- Tom Lehrer

CALULUS

"In the fall of 1972 President Nixon announced that the rate of increase of inflation was decreasing. This was the first time that a sitting president used the third derivative to advance his case for reelection."- Hugo Rossi

I LOVE the calculus quote :lol:

No.

I'm not planning on keeping the answers for myself, either, so I'll make sure they're posted as soon as I get them. I don't know when that will be.

May I recommend the principle of under promise and over deliver for next time :)
Predicting tinelines is always tricjy

You guys must have asked him some very difficult questions. Maybe he's stumped. :p

You guys must have asked him some very difficult questions. Maybe he's stumped. :p

I would love a run down about religion. The atheists are scared to death. :sad:

Top Bottom