LINESII- Into the Darkness- Part II

emu said:
And that wasnt a betrayal? they annexed the entire country, I suppose you would thank somebody if they did that perhaps bend over and allow them better access, rather then wanting to get even.

Edit: and stop with the damn smilies it doesnt prove anything, just makes you look like an arse.

Well, the Veritasian "betrayal" fades in comparison to the Emorian betrayal. Sure, Veritas "betrayed" Emor, but nobody pretty much cared :p While the Emorian betrayal of Veritas was much much more decisive in ending the so called Great War, it is even probable that if Emor had not made that move, the war would have gone longer even if the tide had pretty much turned in the CRA's favor. :mischief:

I will keep on using smilies, because I don't give a damn what people think of me :p

alex994 said:
Well, the Veritasian "betrayal" fades in comparison to the Emorian betrayal. Sure, Veritas "betrayed" Emor, but nobody pretty much cared :p While the Emorian betrayal of Veritas was much much more decisive in ending the so called Great War, it is even probable that if Emor had not made that move, the war would have gone longer even if the tide had pretty much turned in the CRA's favor. :mischief:

I will keep on using smilies, because I don't give a damn what people think of me :p

The Emorians who left cared, I would rather have a decisive revenge then a petty one, teach them a lesson that they cannot push people around and get away with it, what better lesson then the destruction of their empire? Only genocide.
The Bladeists which you mentioned earlier did attack Emor, I dont see why "turning" on them is so bad, it isnt their fault the Bladeist took pity on them when they should have finished them.

The last part is false, everyone cares what others think of them, it only depends on how much.

may i remind you it was only that emor prosposed to us the proposition of the destruction of veritas that allowed them to live. Otherwise we would have finished them.

There, it's proven. Of course, one would say they traded the peaceful walkout that Veritas offered to the massacre. Hypocrites :mischief:

Perhaps my last remark should be "I don't care what any of you on this forum think about me" :p

Wubba360 said:
may i remind you it was only that emor prosposed to us the proposition of the destruction of veritas that allowed them to live. Otherwise we would have finished them.

So? you could have done it without their help, by letting them live you just opened yourself up to an eventual "betrayal".

You could have just disguised your ships as Emoran refugee ships, unless you didnt have any ships at the time.
I dont remember if you had ships at the time I was mostly annoyed at my suckiness.

alex994 said:
There, it's proven. Of course, one would say they traded the peaceful walkout that Veritas offered to the massacre. Hypocrites :mischief:

Whats proven? it still wasnt a betrayal but a revenge attack.

alex994 said:
Perhaps my last remark should be "I don't care what any of you on this forum think about me" :p

I think their are some, you do seem to idolise a few people, unless thats a joke, but jokes are hard to tell on the internet.

we did not have ships back then, bladism was hardly strong enough to challenge any nation as superior as veritas without foreign aid. We were a people on the rise at the time, so things could have been done but they were not so we must live with the cards we are dealt and choose what to do with the time that is given to us.

What actually happened: The Definitive Guide to the Fall of Veritas

1: Veritas gets all "look at me i'm a world power, blah di blah di blah" and colonizes OUR LAND

2: The Bladeist nation wanting to make a name for themselves, reclaim the colony, and attack the foreign invaders that are Emor.

3:Everything is all happy and good, we make peace with Emor, sign an allaince with the dirty backstabbers later, yadda yadda

4: Veritas gets all "look at me i'm a world power, blah di blah di blah" AGAIN and says it won't make peace with us and is going to destroy the Bladeists.

5: Because Veritas is all "look at me i'm a world power, blah di blah di blah" it tries to get together a coalition, but everyone is like "Go...away...Veritas"

6: Veritas gets distracted and never attacks, but continues to threaten, and won't make peace even though EMor is like "Veritas, make peace, jeezum"

7: Veritas continues to have its snobby ""look at me i'm a world power, blah di blah di blah" attitude, so the Swade and Emor, and then Myocaca plot to bring them down. It will be Swade Swordsman who do the fighting, getting into Veritas under the flag of Emorian ships. Myocaca is also brought into the fold

8: Emor gets a little excited, the Swade says we shouldn't massacre everyone in the city and burn it[1], only CAPTURE the Assemblum, but Emor kills so dudes, it gets out of hand, Swade mercy is overlooked.

[1] Now a questioned decision, for it seems that Veritas repayed us by conquering our puppet nation and shinking our passenger ships, but you know... But if we had just killed them their things would be a lot easier.

Swade mercy = Suwapa program?

Contempt said:
Swade mercy = Suwapa program?
No Swade MErcy=Instructing Emor not to slaughter and burn Veritas.....

The Suwapa Program is relatively new and is explained in the story i recently posted

OOC: Cut the bloody spam.

* * * * * * * * *​

Unbelievably, at least to him, the pass had gotten colder the higher they had gone up.

The dirt trail had narrowed, and was gradually replaced by a rock terrace that was vaguely formed against the mountain; Kal could see the spaces in between the rocks he was walking on, and if he looked down, he got queasy, thinking how easily it looked like it might collapse. It was silly, really, considering that several ton wooly ramids had traipsed over the very same path, and they hadn’t fallen once.

But the eeriness of it all was enough to frighten anyone. The dark spaces inside the rock were one thing, but the fact that if you rested for long enough, that you could hear water trickling along inside of them. The tribe was crossing streams that they couldn’t even see, and crossing narrow, flimsy paths on the side of a ten thousand foot mountain, all the while finding it hard to breathe from the simple act of moving.

He was now taking the trail in bursts. He walked fifty feet, stopped, rested on a rock, got up, walked another fifty feet. He found that this method was working well for him, as he passed up other members of his tribe who were walking continuously, and he was using less water than them as well. Furthermore, it meant he got to rest every minute or two, which was beginning to seem essentially as they got higher.

They began to pass packed ice; on occasion he nearly slipped and fell, scolding himself for a foolish, clumsy teenager–even the ramids weren’t falling on this kind of ground.

His fingertips and toes began to grow numb, even though he didn’t really feel cold; the rest of him was moving fast enough that he was sweating profusely. He flexed his fingers and toes whenever he rested, though, just to make sure that they wouldn’t freeze to death on him.

He caught a glimpse or two of Miya down the path, but every time he saw her, he looked away, furious at himself. What did she know, anyway? She was just a foolish girl who he had once set his heart upon...

Angry again at himself, he resumed the long hike up the mountain.

The path was curving now, around the broad slope of the mountain, and his heart began to lighten. If the guides along the middle of the path had been right, when they rounded this bend, the pass would be in view, only a few hundred feet more up. Then his heart fell again, as he realized that a few hundred more feet up would take at least an hour with the pace that the tribe was moving at this pace.

He contented himself with his steady, short bursting walk, from locality to locality along the path, occasionally stopping to observe some of the things along the trailside, and always nearing the bend.

Forward a few dozen more feet, and Kal stopped, wiping his nose with the back of his sleeve. Snot had began to run the higher up he went, and it was starting to be a nuisance as his nose turned red, both from him rubbing it, and the cold chipping away at it ever so slowly. He paused before continuing forward. What was that noise? Like a far off rumble of thunder, but not ending at all...

His brow furrowing in concentration, Kal hurried forward now, only a hundred feet from the path’s bend... only fifty feet... only ten now... he was looping around the bend...

And all in a moment, he forgot about Miya and the Fairhelts and the streams back home.

Before him lay a valley like no other he had seen before, a valley surely cut by the gods themselves. The mountains rose to either side of it, pines carpeting half their slopes before petering out. The bottom was densely forested and teeming with birds. Far off in the distance, he saw the thunderous giant he had heard before: a tremendous waterfall plunged down hundreds of feet, its booming call echoing across the valley. And next to its top, by the source of the little stream that would widen into the Great River, beside the little stream that had carved out this monument to the genius of the gods, beside it was the pass. The pass of hope. The pass of freedom.

I made my flag really quick for Croyodon. Not that great, but for a less then five minute creation, I like it.

Spoiler :

NK, is that the same valley from Land Before Time? :)

Nope. The inspiration was from a particular valley I hiked up in Colorado. Of course, the pass in the story is relatively higher, since while I was starting from 8,000 feet and going to 12,000 feet (I think), the Merhai were starting around 2,000 feet and going up to 10,000 feet. And I switched around some of the details of the geography for the sake of drama, not to mention to fit the area better.

Incidentally, about Veritas and Emor and their betrayals: the second betrayal was much worse as it was mostly senseless, useless and almost masochistic. The first one, at least, benefited Emor. The second one hurt, whether directly or not, both Emor and the Valins.

And this is all completely different from the betrayal that Emor used as their catalyst for war...that being Veritasan attempts to spread Oneism in the Bladeist jungles.

Though they were ambiguously received in Myocaca and not at all in Swade, they weren't the cause for the war that both nations waged on Emor, that was mere territorial expansion with a religious motivator.

Its probably because I'm not following the events there, but... what the hell are you talking about and what's so special about territorial expansion with a religious motivator?

OOC: You know thlayli, why haven't you responded to my story? I would assume some comments... :p

Though they were ambiguously received in Myocaca and not at all in Swade, they weren't the cause for the war that both nations waged on Emor, that was mere territorial expansion with a religious motivator.

Let me make this clear, I talked them into it, because i was eliminating your allies at this point (see gerbers too). This had the unforseen benefit of Emor turning to me :p

das said:
Its probably because I'm not following the events there, but... what the hell are you talking about and what's so special about territorial expansion with a religious motivator?

Oh, Veritas sent missionaries to the Bladeist areas, supposedly this was what touched off their war against Emor, though in reality it was just territorial expansion with religion tacked on as the casus belli. But the war cemented Emorian hatred of Veritasan arrogance, even though Veritas was carrying out the original mission tasked to Lord Emrus when he left for Emor...of course Emor failed to do any evangelizing, as we know.

And apparently Kal got the bladeists to attack Emor, which instead of fleeing to Veritasan protection like it should have, surrendered...that was a bit of a shock.

@alex: New Veritas is disturbed and hopes that no actions are taken to persecute the faithful of Valfei.

Top Bottom