I have to go early military to deal with barbs?

I pity them not because they've probably been making Pirates (that's what I call Barbarian Boats) that have been harassing my trade routes all game long.

One tip on trading, know your routes! Physically observe where they go and guard that route, it will pay off in money and time.

One tip on trading, know your routes! Physically observe where they go and guard that route, it will pay off in money and time.

I prefer to have the trade routes pass through civilization cultural borders whether its yours or the civilization that you're trading with. It just seems so much safer that way rather than having your traders through vast uncivilized lands.

I prefer to have the trade routes pass through civilization cultural borders whether its yours or the civilization that you're trading with. It just seems so much safer that way rather than having your traders through vast uncivilized lands.

Exactly! I always hover the cursor over my caravan before I start the route and map out exactly where they will be passing. Usually high risk routes carry higher payouts. Use a perimeter defense unit and guard the passage. If it is too high a risk go elsewhere. It's all about awareness.

Exactly! I always hover the cursor over my caravan before I start the route and map out exactly where they will be passing. Usually high risk routes carry higher payouts. Use a perimeter defense unit and guard the passage. If it is too high a risk go elsewhere. It's all about awareness.

Leaving units along the caravan route is also a good way to prevent others from plundering them.

Leaving units along the caravan route is also a good way to prevent others from plundering them.

Yup, kind of what I was saying 90%, the only exception would be if you need extra units to defend cities near the capitol. That's why I usually start with building 2 scouts right away, they scout and then defend, sometimes I have them assist in barbarian conquers to get promotions.

You can toggle on the trade route paths, via the option panel. You'll know exactly where your caravans and ship go.

Yup, kind of what I was saying 90%, the only exception would be if you need extra units to defend cities near the capitol. That's why I usually start with building 2 scouts right away, they scout and then defend, sometimes I have them assist in barbarian conquers to get promotions.

I guess you defend with them better since theyre built quicker. Thats the only reason why i think you would believe in a scout defense. Other units defend way better.

I guess you defend with them better since theyre built quicker. Thats the only reason why i think you would believe in a scout defense. Other units defend way better.

Oh yeah I agree, scouts right away though with Honor can be a hassle for brutes and archers, and they are cheap. Down the line I usually go with archers and horsemen for quick protection.

Top Bottom