Opinion: Zulu / Shaka!

Newbstep

Chieftain
So haven't heard a lot of good things about this Civ but I have had some good results on King-Emperor levels. Even on Deity I was able to fend off some crazy foes early but I just don't have good results down the line. The early land unit discount is priceless sometimes, especially when gold is hard to come by.

Anyone have opinions or strategies that make this war mongering civ successful in the modern and information eras?

A huge perk with Zulu is that all units require less experience to acquire new promotions. Get a city with Brandenburg, and have Total War from Autocracy, and you will recruit artillery with logistics from the start, bombers with air repair and siege 3, etc.

Zulu is more for MP games or Immortal-. I dont think it is really good to play vs deity AI.

Zulu is a powerhouse civ even on Deity. Impi are borderline OP if gotten to in good time.

Not sure why the OP mentions Modern Era onwards. The trick with Zulu is to start warring early, upgrade hordes of Spearmen into Impis, and together with crossbows, wipe the map.

Look at the inaugural Deity Challenge Line-up map. A number of really swift clearances were posted.

If you don't want to go to war with the UU, it's pointless playing as the Zulu, I'd say.

Top Bottom