New Cumulative history Quiz VII

I pass on creating the next question. Someone else go ahead.

All right, I'll take a shot.

What connects the following people:
Emperor Nero, Martin Luther, Peter the Great, Napoleon, Grigory Rasputin, Friderich Nietzsche, Ronald Reagan, Mikhail Gorbachev and John Paul II?

The list is not exhaustive.

All right, I'll take a shot.

What connects the following people:
Emperor Nero, Martin Luther, Peter the Great, Napoleon, Grigory Rasputin, Friderich Nietzsche, Ronald Reagan, Mikhail Gorbachev and John Paul II?

The list is not exhaustive.

All male? All of them knew how to write? None of them were ever on the internet? :D

Maybe you could be a leeetle more specific?

All male? All of them knew how to write? None of them were ever on the internet? :D

Maybe you could be a leeetle more specific?
I am not sure if Rasputin ever really learned to write.
And I am pretty sure Gorby knows what Internet is. :D

I can't be much more specific though - the question should not be too difficult as it is anyway. At least I think it isn't. I'll try to give clues if noone gets it within 24 hours.

They're all male, all famous and all except Gorbachev are dead.

You really need to give us a hint or something.

Ronald Wilson Reagan: six letters in each name, therefore 666.
I wonder if Martin Luther had a middle name.

Fortunately for him, he didn't need a middle name, or any coincidences, to be an Antichrist.

Yeah, but the number and/or the beast are commonly associated with the antichrist.

"commonly" isn't really all that important. There are thousands and thousands of things that are commonly assumed to be 'facts' from religious texts. But just because a 'fact' comes from a religious text doesn't mean it's a historical fact. For that matter, the whole idea of an 'antichrist' is just about as far removed historical fact as is The Labors of Hercules.

Talking matter-of-factly about something like 'the number of the beast' is better suited to a mythology forum, not a world history forum.

New business:
What trivial distinction do these places share?:
France, Catalonia, Sicily, England.

The Saxons didn't see the Normans as a distinction! I wish these questions were less vague.

They were all enemies of Felipe V...

not Normans
Meh, I took a guess that covered 3 of the 4. I know nothing about Catalonia, other than that there are a number of Catalonian nationalists here.

I'm sure I said this somewhere recently, but 666 has nothing to do with the antichrist. It is the number of the Beast.

Ronald Wilson Reagan was the Beast? Then George Walker Bush was the neighbor of the Beast.

Top Bottom