[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

carnivore said:
can you add the former berserker skin to the lunatic ?
i really think it's much better then the one in use

it's odd you changed it , it was much better before

my question is
i have bulit a heavy crossbow and it's in a city with an assylom , and the unit went out crazed as a lunatic, why ?

is it a bug or game thing ?

thanx

Any unit produced in a city with a asylum has a chance of being crazed.

With the download size over 256Meg, I will be unable to get the new version:(
I have dial-up and what i have been doing is downloading it at a friends house and putting it on a flash drive, but now its too big. Well i hope everyone else is enjoying it though ;)

Dial up with a download manager, should be able to take it in parts shouldn't it? That way you could do a bit every day. Patch's aren't too large anyway, and can't you just put it onto a CD?

- Infinite permanent alliances
I have a related question--if teams are set up initially in a scenario or custom game screen, and permanent war/peace is set up, then later Corindale casts his "peace" spell, what would happen?
a) nothing, everyone still at war
b) war breaks, but can be redeclared
c) war ends, and can never be redeclared because permanent war/peace is on?

Nikis-Knight said:
I have a related question--if teams are set up initially in a scenario or custom game screen, and permanent war/peace is set up, then later Corindale casts his "peace" spell, what would happen?
a) nothing, everyone still at war
b) war breaks, but can be redeclared
c) war ends, and can never be redeclared because permanent war/peace is on?

C .

jafink said:
I have dial-up and what i have been doing is downloading it at a friends house and putting it on a flash drive, but now its too big. Well i hope everyone else is enjoying it though ;)

If you have difficulties with the file size and the jumpdrive my trick is to archive the self installing executable in rar or 7z. With RAR if you choose best and solid compresion you are likely to shrink the file by a good 50-80mb. I have a mod for Star Wars Knights 2 that when I used normal compression ranked at 280mb but after using best with solid compresion shrank the archive to about 165mb. So it likely will do the trick for you. That or 1GB flashdrive are about $25 now check www.pcclub.com

hey, i just hosted a FfH_continents and it does not look like continects, and there is no freakin metal resources out there at all, and no water but Rivers and all green.

darkedone02 said:
hey, i just hosted a FfH_continents and it does not look like continects, and there is no freakin metal resources out there at all, and no water but Rivers and all green.

The mapscripts that went out in the first hour patch "b" was up dont work (where they are). Patch "b" was actually blindreved to remove them. For those people who were quick to download you are best off to delete the 'C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2 016\PublicMaps' directory.

If you want working mapscripts you should downlaod them from this thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=183924 and put them in your 'C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\PublicMaps' directory.

carnivore said:
so will you add former berserker skin to the game ???

thanx

Probably not. The art resources are all bundled in one huge fpk file and I dont like to touch it in patches unless there is an issue.

Hey, if Civ 4 runs slow in later ages, will it run this mod bad? Also, is this a different scenario than your first one? Or is this just improvement?

Ulyaoth said:
Hey, if Civ 4 runs slow in later ages, will it run this mod bad? Also, is this a different scenario than your first one? Or is this just improvement?

Yeah, I would assume that FfH has higher requirements than vanilla Civ4 so if you have an older machine you will probably want to play on one map size smaller than you play vanilla Civ4 at.

And FfH2 isnt a scenario, its an improvement over FfH1.

coko said:
Dial up with a download manager, should be able to take it in parts shouldn't it? That way you could do a bit every day. Patch's aren't too large anyway, and can't you just put it onto a CD?

Good suggestion, I actually never thought of putting it on a CD.

Darkkender said:
If you have difficulties with the file size and the jumpdrive my trick is to archive the self installing executable in rar or 7z. With RAR if you choose best and solid compresion you are likely to shrink the file by a good 50-80mb. I have a mod for Star Wars Knights 2 that when I used normal compression ranked at 280mb but after using best with solid compresion shrank the archive to about 165mb. So it likely will do the trick for you. That or 1GB flashdrive are about $25 now check www.pcclub.com

Also a good suggestion. I never realised that new flashdrives were so cheap, I assumed they were like $60 or something.

jafink said:
Also a good suggestion. I never realised that new flashdrives were so cheap, I assumed they were like $60 or something.

And if you don't want to buy anything, you can use winrar to create a split-archive with 2 parts or so (limit the size of one piece to 255M). Then you can carry one FfH2 install to your home if you visit your friend twice.

jafink said:

Try the download manager Getright www.getright.com

jafink said:

Use rar/zip/.. and set a maximum size for each part of the .rar/.zip/..

The trouble I've been having trying to download this mod. First because of that site's stupid wait, then because when the waits over it goes and resets before I notice, or the thing goes and errors, or I actually get the download working, and then it just stops. One last time I'll try before I just go play RTW or something for the night.

Top Bottom