[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Argpmait said:
Are there any plans to make this mod compatible with the new Civ4 expansion, Warlords? Thanks for your reply...

Nope, no plans to switch to the warlords codebase. But since Warlords doesnt overwrite Civ4 (it installs seperatly) you can still play FfH without problems even after installing Warlords.

Broken Hawk said:
OK Kael, you have spoiled us. I just installed Warlords and started playing. It is fine and all that but I keep waiting to get excited by something and then I realize I'm not playing FfH. :crazyeye:

Yeah, I played the Vikings mod and I'm not overly excited about even trying the others. FfH & FfHII just rock. Vanilla is almost like a completely different game. I'm sure I'll slog through all of them though... the added cost of paying for the game is that now I feel like I have to try them all.

DarthCycle said:
- Love the new tech tree, especialy the magic and religion paths. It forces us to make a lot of choices. Good gameplay is usually linked with forcing the players to do so.

- I'm still early in my games but the AI seems to be using way more magic than before. That's nice to see. I'm seeing skeletons and units with spell promotions now. However, I still don't see the AI using offensive spells (like fireball) during wars.

- Still don't see the AI building catapult units, which is a bummer. For me anyway. I hate SOD.

- I haven't played the elf races for a while in FfH2, but I experienced the whole ancient forest + terrain improvements gameplay, wow I was impressed with this. It makes playing the elves a completely different experience. Hope we will see more of this with the other races. At the minimum, with the dwarves.

- I also like the fact that some of the nature sphere spells are linked to forest tile, makes for a cool combo for elf races and leaves religion.

- In the same line of though: growing forest is available with a level 2 spell, which is fine, but it would be nice to have an early alternative. How about sacrificing a worker unit to spawn a forest on a tile? Call it "commune with nature" ;)

- Love the Good-Neutral-Evil attributes linked to your civ and how it affects diplomacy. I've noticed how religion affects this but I wonder how the civics affects it also. I don't think this is defined in the civpedia.

Overall, a great step forward. Keep you the good work guys!

Any thought to making ancient forest a pre-req for any nature spells?

Just a thought that maybe a level III spell might require it or maybe it could have an increased affect? Requiring the caster to be on an ancient forest would be even better, but I can't imagine that would be an easy AI task.

Anyway, buying the add-ons will only reward Firaxis for having made CivIV in the first place. No CivIV, no FfH, that's what I'll say :)

hawkeye72 said:
Any thought to making ancient forest a pre-req for any nature spells?

Just a thought that maybe a level III spell might require it or maybe it could have an increased affect? Requiring the caster to be on an ancient forest would be even better, but I can't imagine that would be an easy AI task.

No, that would mean only Fellowship players could use Nature III sorcery and summoning spells. Fellowship players already have nature spells only they can cast, the divine nature spells. I wouldn't want to limit the others too.

SchpailsMan said:
Anyway, buying the add-ons will only reward Firaxis for having made CivIV in the first place. No CivIV, no FfH, that's what I'll say :)

That is an excellent point. Firaxis went through huge pains to make Civ4 as moddable as it is, and the fact that we are able to make mods like FfH2 9 months after it released is testament to their good work.

All right, I've made crude versions in black and white. I've included the All-Devourer I was working on so you have some extra things to take a look at.

Again, these are crude, b&w versions. If you'd like me to make some for you, they will of course be made with a much larger investment of time and effort.

All-Devourer

Druid button:

Mmmm.... the All-Devourer you say... Not sure, it looks like my mother in law...;)
Seriously, beautiful.

The Frog.

chocmushroom said:
You have a lot to answer for. Here are the reasons:

You guy's in the mod teams seem to hear what people say, take their problems onboard, see how to make the game better....... & change them. You do the mods and patches, keep telling us what's going to get better and everything.
My complaint is...... I don't have enough time to finish the games I play before a new and better version comes out, or I don't want to start another game until the new mod comes out.

So, it seems that my complaint is............ you are just to efficient on this mod :mad:
You get our hopes up that there will be a new mod in a weeks time, & then you give it to us :mad:
You see our problems and deal with them....:mischief:
So, you have made it very very hard for us normal people, to have a life. With a better game all the time, when do we have time to go out, get exercise, goto work or play other games. Now, the other games is going to be very upsetting. If we ever play another game, we would expect our complaints to be dealt with and the game to keep on improving all the time, as it's what we've come to expect. When this does not happens it will spoil the other games due to what we've come to expect here.

So, with no complaints about the game, I'm complaining about the game spoiling our lives in other ways :D

I have to agree with this poster completely, It is wholey inapprorpriate for citizens of this country, such as yourselves, to completely deprive us of our free time and our real world responcibilities. Were the game not so wholey-addicting, and your modding style not so completely effecient, generous, and open-minded, many of us could get back to a normal life style.
-Qes

Hian the Frog said:
Mmmm.... the All-Devourer you say... Not sure, it looks like my mother in law...;)
Seriously, beautiful.

The Frog.

You think your mother-in-law looks 'seriously beautiful?'
Does your wife know?
-Qes

hey keal, where did you get the music files from? Lineage 2? cause i'm currently playing Lineage 2 and listen to a song from lineage 2 that sound exacaly like the one in your songs.

I was just a wikipedia and looked at the civ 4 article and i was wondering if anyone was going to do a article for the fall from heaven mod? I know you have a lot of good graphics and you could post all the info ( like the religions, civs, maybe a few in-game screenshots) within your article there.

There was one thing that I had a problem with every game. I mean, it really wasn't a problem just a minor inconveniece. I like all the religions and all, but it seems the only ones the computer likes are Fellowship of Leaves, and Octopus overlords. I've never seen the computer actually be the Order or Ashen Veil. Now what I am trying to get to is: Is it possible to make certain Civilizations have a favorite religion. I hate it when every CIV is the Fellowship or everyone is Overlords or Kilimorph. Just a thought.

Ordom said:
There was one thing that I had a problem with every game. I mean, it really wasn't a problem just a minor inconveniece. I like all the religions and all, but it seems the only ones the computer likes are Fellowship of Leaves, and Octopus overlords. I've never seen the computer actually be the Order or Ashen Veil. Now what I am trying to get to is: Is it possible to make certain Civilizations have a favorite religion. I hate it when every CIV is the Fellowship or everyone is Overlords or Kilimorph. Just a thought.

I've noticed that too. I never seen veil or order discovered by the computer.

i hardly don't let my computer get there own religion, i place them in...
Khazad get's rune of kilmorph
Losjarfal get's Fellowship of Leaves
Lanun get's Octapus Overlords
Calabim get's Ashen Veil
and Bannor get The Order.

that's how i setup my religion.

This orcish-like soundset, suitable for the Clan of Embers, is an example of how can I help with sounds:
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads12/OrchishSoundsets.zip
It is arranged in a way that it can be extracted in your Mods/Fall from Heaven folder.
In addition I can help improving the units' battle sounds (though I should learn some XML first).

However I'm not pleased with the default way it works. A simple think is that I'd like to have more (or less) than the 10 default choose and order sounds. I suppose this can be easily done with XML?

But what I really want to do is having the sounds assigned to the units, not the civilisations. So that orcs, goblins, golems etc. can use their own soundsets. Is it possible to do this with python (I am little more than a beginner in python yet)?

Oh, an irrelevant question: I noticed that addopting certain religions can change the civilisation's alignment. Does this affect their character as well, or only the diplomatic relations?

Civkid1991 said:
I've noticed that too. I never seen veil or order discovered by the computer.

As far as I know the AI never founds religions that are of different alignment, the alignment gets changed when the AI adopts one, though.

Now that I think of it: This means the *current* alignment, doesn't it? Because then the only way for the AI to found the veil would be having no religion or overlords before...

ElStormo said:
All right, I've made crude versions in black and white. I've included the All-Devourer I was working on so you have some extra things to take a look at.

Again, these are crude, b&w versions. If you'd like me to make some for you, they will of course be made with a much larger investment of time and effort.

Druid button:

The druid is awesome. I would definitly use a full color version if you provided it.

Remember that it will be shrunk to 64x64 pixels so dont worry about to much detail.

Top Bottom