New Cumulative history Quiz VII

Naskra clearly knows the answer, but still has to state it.

Yes, but my quizzes are not popular. My approval rating on this forum is low enugh as it is.

Its the Battle of New Market. VMI cadets under Breckenridge beat up on Siegel during the Valley Campaigns in 1864.

Correct. The second picture is Franz Sigel (or Siegel; I see it both ways), one of the worst generals of the Civil War. This battle ended his military career. The shield is the emblem of the Virginia Military Institute. The map is the Shenandoah Valley, where New Market is located.

1. To defeat a certain Kuchlug who made himself lord of Kharakhitai
2. On the excuse of murdered Mongol emissaries at Otrar by the Khwarezm Shah's governor, and
3. Um... not really in the same era, but would an alleged attempted assassination of Mongke Khan by the Hashshashin count?

1. To defeat a certain Kuchlug who made himself lord of Kharakhitai
Okay, four. I forgot about him.

2. On the excuse of murdered Mongol emissaries at Otrar by the Khwarezm Shah's governor,

That's two.

and
3. Um... not really in the same era, but would an alleged attempted assassination of Mongke Khan by the Hashshashin count?

Nope. These all directly involve Genghis Khan coming West for the first time.

So, two left.

The DM said so!

Could it have been that he was chasing the Merkits who escaped this way or smth along these lines?

EDIT2: Also, wasn't there a dream of "conquest to the Last Sea"? I am not sure how seriously this could be taken though...

It having been more than 48 hours with no response, I am obliged to surrender the answer.

The four reasons for Genghis Khan coming West were:

1. To destroy the Karakhitai

2. Because the Kwarezmian Shah murdered a Mongolian carvavan, the emissaries that followed, and sent their shaved heads back to the Khan

3. said Shah fled during the invasion, and Genghis Khan was obliged to chase him, which led him into both Iran and India

4. being so far southwest, the opportunity to outflank their old foes the Kipchaks was too good to pass up, and the Mongols swung around the Caspian to come up from the Caucasus

I guess taillesskangaru can have it, since he got half the question right. Sorry for being so obscure, I feel like I have to challenge you guys every now and then. :)

So a member of the Staffordshire Regiment, an airborne division (likely the 1st, in Sicily). Awarded the OBE and Military cross. And connected to the Fallschimjagers...

Top Bottom