Main Download Information

because I will be making some xml changes for my self and svn has a way of overwriting my changes which drives me bonkers!:mad:

The next version of the launcher will have an option to not overwrite changes that are not in the repo. I will add some warnings as if the mod don't update some important files which are modded, this can lead to unwilled behavior.

Starting to rev737, there is a launcher in the mod folder which can do this task for you ! If you want it to create shortcuts, etc., use this link and overwrite your current mod installation. If not, just start the executable in the folder. Links:
https://github.com/dbkblk/and2_checker/releases/download/v0.11/AND2_installer_v0.11.exe

It can update the game and update itself.

Suppose I made option changes in ALT + CTL + O, how will the updating exe affect these?

EDIT: Forget it! your reply to oldnoob gave the answer. Thanks.

Suppose I made option changes in ALT + CTL + O, how will the updating exe affect these?

Options changed in game are not affected at all by the launcher. Only manually modified files are ! At this time, i'm writing the code for oldnoob to be able to use the updater with his modded files :)
However, as 45deg recommended to me, the "gameoptions" parameters is reset on each update (that mean only the options when you create a new game, not the bug / AND options) and the cache is cleared.

Options changed in game are not affected at all by the launcher. Only manually modified files are ! At this time, i'm writing the code for oldnoob to be able to use the updater with his modded files :)
However, as 45deg recommended to me, the "gameoptions" parameters is reset on each update (that mean only the options when you create a new game, not the bug / AND options) and the cache is cleared.

With Afforess changes in rev729 it could not be necessary anymore to reset gameoptions parameters; better always clearing cache anyway.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13293648 said:
With Afforess changes in rev729 it could not be necessary anymore to reset gameoptions parameters; better always clearing cache anyway.

Ok. I will remove the automatic cleaning and will let it possible with "Menu > Fix installation > Clear game options".

I have a question that I have never been able to get.. this is a really good mod as well as c2c and I was trying to figure out how to add Canadian Modern Pack by ZEVER..I asked this before long years ago but never got an answer about how to install them in game.. thanks

I have a question that I have never been able to get.. this is a really good mod as well as c2c and I was trying to figure out how to add Canadian Modern Pack by ZEVER..I asked this before long years ago but never got an answer about how to install them in game.. thanks

That's because merging mods is not always easy. It's not "installing" it's merging which implies modifying files. Simply put, we don't have time to look into it and explain.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13313227 said:
That's because merging mods is not always easy. It's not "installing" it's merging which implies modifying files. Simply put, we don't have time to look into it and explain.

ok no problem I understand thanks

Nice to see we now have our own forum and not a subset of RoM anymore. :)

JosEPh

Nice to see we now have our own forum and not a subset of RoM anymore. :)

JosEPh

Yes. I had to perform many ritual sacrifices and occult summonings but I eventually reached the 7th level of hell, where the forum admins reside. After much incantations I was able to convince them of the rightness of my quest and the forums were moved to their now graceful abode.

Sorry, I read too much HP Lovecraft. :p

Yes. I had to perform many ritual sacrifices and occult summonings but I eventually reached the 7th level of hell, where the forum admins reside. After much incantations I was able to convince them of the rightness of my quest and the forums were moved to their now graceful abode.

:lol:

:lol::lol:

Woohhooo dedicated forum!! :king:

I have a Vinyl record from the HP Lovecraft Band. ;)

JosEPh

Descending to the seventh layer of Hell reads more like something out of Dante's Inferno. :D

Maps larger than Huge don't show up in my Scenario menu. The files are in the PrivateMaps folder, but they're not displayed in-game. I'm playing on the latest SVN with MCP. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello all,
I was hoping someone could please help me get ROM:AND to work. I have read the forums for the last few hours, and can’t seem to get further.
Here is what I have: Windows 7, Civ 4 retail CD’s, Civ 4 BTS retail CD’s.
Here is what I have tried:
ATTEMPT #1: Disabled my UAC, then Installed Civ 4 retail CD’s, then installed Civ 4 BTS retail CD’s. I checked the game to make sure it works. It does. Then I downloaded the game via the direct link: DOWNLOAD HERE from http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=344525
(I couldn’t understand the SVN method). After running the download, is said it installed fine. Then I right clicked and Ran as Administrator, and the BTS game loaded. Clicked on Advance, then Load a Mod, then clicked on Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn and the OK. Then the original game vanishes, and after about a minute, the screen flickers, and then nothing. I know something was happening, because I saw BTS running in my processes in the Task Manager. After that screen flicker, the BTS process disappears.

ATTEMPT #2: So I deleted the games using the control panel, and deleted a copy of the BTS file still in program files. With UAC still disabled, I installed both sets of CD disks again. Then I installed an installer program, found posted here http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=528744 by dbkblk
That seemed to go through a new install procedure. But after installing, I tried the new installer window that comes up, but nothing happens when I hit “Launch Civilization 4”. So I then just tried to launch the the normal way, and I can’t even get the normal BTS game to start now.
Please help 
Ron
P.S. I don’t like Civ 5 and 6 seems like it will be worse, so our Civ 4 ROM:AND is my only hope for the best Civ experience.
P.S.S.: Long time member, it says this was my first post. But it must have deleted my old post from 12 years ago, hahahahaha!

Do you have a laptop with an integrated graphics card? AND doesn't like running on laptops.

Top Bottom