Vassal State Victory

skyliner33

Chieftain
I have no idea if other people have had this happen. But yeah, a vassal state beat my ass on noble. I had a space victory all lined up. It was a continents game, random civ (incans), I rushed Churchill and Genghis early and had them out within the first 100 turns. China and Korea to the south of me were in a land grab battle for quite a while, but b/c I took out England and Mongolia early, I had a HUGE uncontested land grab on the Northern half of the continent. Persia and Vikings on the other very small continent, and by the time I discovered them Ragnar was already a vassal (does it seem like he always turns vassal?). Anyways, China landed the Apostolistic Palace early. Until the modern era, I had been on top, but Korea invaded China and turned them into a vassal. They were very evenly matched civs prior to Korea's invasion, but China folded early. We made it all the way to 1951, and the religious victory vote came up b/c I hadn't teched mass media yet (stupid). Unbelievably, the damn Koreans VOTED for China in the election, even though they themselves were eligible. Anyways, pain in the ass going almost 400 turns in and losing like that. Normally I would have just loaded an earlier save, and grabbed mass media, but I have gotten away from doing that or regenerating maps, so I just take the loss as it is I guess. Any similar stories? (if so feel free to elaborate)

btw I'm a total newb so I dunno if this is more common than I think, it just seemed crazy to me

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pwnt.

Hey, i play noble, as well. I am n onewbie, I just stink :p...

Alot

I have played one-sided warlord games wher every person on teh map was my vassal state at the end of the game.

I have a story:

On warlord, well viceroy (RFC RAND):cry: I lost to the Aztecs, vassals of the Dutch. I almost voted myself in for UN, but the Aztecs DoW on me, and almost wiped me out.(my bad defense):hammer2: (Thank you tiny island settling!)

I have a story:

On chieftain, well viceroy (RFC RAND):cry: I lost to the Aztecs, vassals of the Dutch. I almost voted myself in for UN, but the Aztecs DoW on me, and almost wiped me out.(my bad defense):hammer2: (Thank you tiny island settling!)

Yeah. Monty is a total douche when it comes to vassalizing other civs.

I'm pretty sure viceroy is warlord difficulty.

once (on noble) i lost to the korean (who were vassals to china in rfcabundance of civs) because they had a boss city and was nice to everyone and won diplo
:edit: did i say noble? i meant viceroy

@the OP:

that must have been a :wallbash: moment :lol:

Stupid diplo victory ;)

Top Bottom